3rd Atlantic spot

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
It’s one thing to not expect something to happen, but only an absolute moron would rule out the possibility.

Like, if Boston wins 2/3 of their games in hand they’re only 3 points back of Toronto with well over half the season to play.

OP should refrain from making polls because he/she is quite clearly awful at making the options.

I gather that you missed the poll (made by another Leafs fan) asking at what level was Matthews as a top PLAYER (= all positions included) in the NHL, where the worst possible option was "top 15"? When I pointed out that it was not a good look not to have another option outside of top 15, the usual suspects were pretty outraged again.

"Checking bias", they say... Lolllll

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Think it goes:
Tampa
Toronto
Boston

I see 1st/2nd/3rd being pretty close at the end with Tampa in 1st, Toronto taking 2nd, Boston 3rd. But, wouldn’t surprise me to see Toronto over take Tampa.

I was just calling out TWS for complaining about #2 being sewn up when #1 isn't either.

He never said 1st was sewn up either, so you’re complaining about nothing.

Reactions: Snippit

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
I just don't seem them dropping to 3rd, they likely aren't catching either but it is more likely than them dropping to 3rd since they are close to 1st than 3rd right now

It’s entirely possible that they drop to 3rd or lower though. We are only a 1/3 of the way through the season, there’s a lot of games left and anything can happen. To say any place in the division is locked is foolish.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
It will be Toronto or Boston, I think.

Toronto and Boston still have a chance to pass Tampa too. Lots of games left.

Toronto still plays Tampa 4 times.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Probably Boston. Although if Montreal makes a splash move for a center (Like Joe Thornton for example) I think it'll get interesting towards the end of the year. Either way whoever is 3rd is just gonna lose to the Maple Leafs.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
If Boston wins there 4 games on hand their only 1 pts behind Toronto ...... That being said it probably wouldn't happen. , But I wouldn't surprised if they won 3/4 to place then 3 pts behind Toronto ... Jist remind everyone this is the first stretch of the year that Boston isn't missing 5+ top 9 players

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Boston wins there 4 games on hand their only 1 pts behind Toronto ...... That being said it probably wouldn't happen. , But I wouldn't surprised if they won 3/4 to place then 3 pts behind Toronto ... Jist remind everyone this is the first stretch of the year that Boston isn't missing 5+ top 9 players

Yeah, I don't expect them to get all 8 points with the games in hand. But 6 points in 4 games is pretty reasonable. Being 3 points back with 2/3rds of the season to go is FAR from insurmountable.

The key is if Boston can start to beat Toronto head to head, which they haven't had luck doing recently. But, curious how that plays out with both teams actually pretty healthy now.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It’s really not that big of a gap, especially with 2/3 of the season left. If Boston wins wins 3 out of the 5 games in hand would you still feel as confident?

Yes because this team has played at a level all season so far where they have yet to lose more than 3 in a row, they have only done that once and with the current 3 game win streak they are on now they have had 4 win streaks of 3+ wins.

That level of consistency gives me a high level of confidence in this team

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Yes because this team has played at a level all season so far where they have yet to lose more than 3 in a row, they have only done that once and with the current 3 game win streak they are on now they have had 4 win streaks of 3+ wins.

That level of consistency gives me a high level of confidence in this team
Especially if Andersen keeps up with Tim Thomas' style performance (938 sv% throughout November and 945% so far in December). Hard to lose with that, if it continues...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Especially if Andersen keeps up with Tim Thomas' style performance (938 sv% throughout November and 945% so far in December). Hard to lose with that, if it continues...

This is also true, it also helps that they are 12-0 when leading after 2 periods, that will boost the record when all you have to do is lead after 2

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Well 1st off they aren't closer to 3rd place than 1st 5 points out of 1st VS 7 points out of 3rd.

The thing about games in hand is that you have to win them, at least you usually do, the Leafs don't have to win their game in hand on Montreal because they are already 7 points ahead so it's not critical.

Boston is 7 points back, they are in a position where they HAVE to win those games in hand because not doing so could cost them a spot

Games in hand only matter if you win and that is only if you are close enough, if you are Ottawa you can have all the games in hand you want, they don't matter because Ottawa is buried

I take it all back. No way the Bruins can make up 7 points with 5 games in hand.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yeah I hope the OP's poll making days are over lol

#2 is far, far from locked up.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I agree because it's still 2011 and the same teams will always meet every year in the playoffs.

Just following the poll rules. I would've chosen Toronto to come in third but... not an option.
Because - I guess - they're guaranteed 1st or 2nd in the division. Who knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->