Who gets 3rd in the Atlantic?

3rd Atlantic spot

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
We don't even need those to have a very, very good team. Think about that & laugh now...
you don't have a very very good team though, you have a good team. A probable playoff team. You're not the lightning, the caps or LA etc. You're in the same tier as Toronto, islanders, c bus, which is good. Certainly nothing to brag about at this stage of the season.
But I'll keep laughing because it's the holidays and laughing is nice.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Thinking of changing my vote to Montreal. Excited for good old Habs-Bruins series in the playoffs.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
you don't have a very very good team though, you have a good team. A probable playoff team. You're not the lightning, the caps or LA etc. You're in the same tier as Toronto, islanders, c bus, which is good. Certainly nothing to brag about at this stage of the season.
But I'll keep laughing because it's the holidays and laughing is nice.

- 7th best points percentage in the league (a whole 0.007 behind the Caps...)
- that 7th best points percentage was achieved with the following players missing significant time: Rask... Bergeron... Marchand... Krejci (still out)... Backes... Spooner... Debrusk... Bjork... Krug... McQuaid (still out).
Imagine what it would have been if we just were able to ice a team composed by 90-100% of our regular team instead of 50-60%.
- of the three teams mentioned at the top, Washington has been our nemesis. We haven't won against them in 3 years. They simply have our number.
But against Tampa and LA (which have been better than Washington...), we are 2-0-1. That's 5 points out of 6 or 0.833 points percentage.

Keep laughing indeed...

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
- 7th best points percentage in the league (a whole 0.007 behind the Caps...)
- that 7th best points percentage was achieved with the following players missing significant time: Rask... Bergeron... Marchand... Krejci (still out)... Backes... Spooner... Debrusk... Bjork... Krug... McQuaid (still out).
Imagine what it would have been if we just were able to ice a team composed by 90-100% of our regular team instead of 50-60%.
- of the three teams mentioned at the top, Washington has been our nemesis. We haven't won against them in 3 years. They simply have our number.
But against Tampa and LA (which have been better than Washington...), we are 2-0-1. That's 5 points out of 6 or 0.833 points percentage.

Keep laughing indeed...
hey thats sweet man and im happy youre optimistic despite being a middle of the pack playoff team right now, along with the leafs who (whom?) you're so desperate to prove you're better than. I hope your boys stay healthy enough to see a real Bruins team in the playoffs because you never know.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
hey thats sweet man and im happy youre optimistic despite being a middle of the pack playoff team right now, along with the leafs who (whom?) you're so desperate to prove you're better than. I hope your boys stay healthy enough to see a real Bruins team in the playoffs because you never know.

7th best points percentage is not “middle of the pack” by any metric. It means that 24 teams out the remaining 30 have been worse: that’s 80% of the teams BEHIND the Bruins.

Also, the Bruins are better than the Leafs: they’re at 0.597, that’s good for 13th. That, with dealing only with one player - albeit their best - missing significant time. The Leafs lost 14 man games, the Bruins lost 47.
The only team with worst injuries than the Bruins is Anaheim. They’re 22nd in points percentage.

Even with all this slew of injuries, we have some other notable stats: we are top 5 in goal against per game (5th), shots against per game (3rd) and PK (3rd).

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
7th best points percentage is not “middle of the pack” by any metric. It means that 24 teams out the remaining 30 have been worse: that’s 80% of the teams BEHIND the Bruins.

Also, the Bruins are better than the Leafs: they’re at 0.597, that’s good for 13th. That, with dealing only with one player - albeit their best - missing significant time. The Leafs lost 14 man games, the Bruins lost 47.
The only team with worst injuries than the Bruins is Anaheim. They’re 22nd in points percentage.

Even with all this slew of injuries, we have some other notable stats: we are top 5 in goal against per game (5th), shots against per game (3rd) and PK (3rd).
points percentage is a good metric but it changes quickly during a long season, leafs are a good example of this early vs mid, habs show this and the most obvious being Philly.
Its nice that you can pick up points with guys injured, you kind of have to when your team is full of injury prone players. Hopefully the leafs can avoid that kind of hurtle and stay healthy while getting their play back on track. Consistency is key over a long season, that's why Toronto is not one of the elite teams yet. Well, a true number 1 dman wouldn't hurt either.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
points percentage is a good metric but it changes quickly during a long season, leafs are a good example of this early vs mid, habs show this and the most obvious being Philly.
Its nice that you can pick up points with guys injured, you kind of have to when your team is full of injury prone players. Hopefully the leafs can avoid that kind of hurtle and stay healthy while getting their play back on track. Consistency is key over a long season, that's why Toronto is not one of the elite teams yet. Well, a true number 1 dman wouldn't hurt either.

OK, you are trolling, aren't you.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Soooo....people think the Leafs winning 4/10 is them? People also think that Boston winning 8/10 is them?
This is what people (and haters) are thinking.

Let me use your logic on you all. There's a long season still ahead.
I have no fear of facing Boston.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Soooo....people think the Leafs winning 4/10 is them? People also think that Boston winning 8/10 is them?

Are you lost?

We're laughing at the fact that the OP decided that it was a foregone conclusion that the Leafs would finish second, and that some idiots actually tried to defend it.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

Boston is 38-18-6 under Bruce Cassidy. A 108 point pace over 82 games despite the numerous injuries to start this year. Lets not act like they've only been good for 10 games.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Boston is 38-18-6 under Bruce Cassidy. A 108 point pace over 82 games despite the numerous injuries to start this year. Lets not act like they've only been good for 10 games.

Didn't act-that IS the record of the past two teams in the past 9/10 games.
38-18-6 is .630, not .800 #hotstreak

theblackadder

Dec 27, 2016
I don't think it's homerism I think the OP looked at the standings and saw where Tampa and Toronto were and , and lets be honest unless Tampa and Toronto's cores are just killed with injury then they are VERY likely finishing 1 and 2 in the division.

The chances of either team falling further than #2 are remote at best

Comedy gold! Love it!

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Sooooo... You think that Boston playing with 2/3rds of their roster due to injuries (to 11 players, including the #1 goalie, the entire top 9, and 2 defensemen) for the first 25-27 games was really them?

Sooooo... You think that the Leafs ending the regular season ahead of Boston is such a sure thing, since the Leafs haven't achieved that since 2006-07?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad