3rd Atlantic spot

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Cool. The Bruins are 5-1-0 against the Lighting over the last 2 seasons. I'm still not daft enough to think we are a better team today, though.

And in 15-16 we swept the Penguins in the regular season, they then went on to win the Cup. By Leafs logic, we were better and therefore deserved the Cup.

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Didn't act-that IS the record of the past two teams in the past 9/10 games.
38-18-6 is .630, not .800 #hotstreak

38-18-6 is not 0.630. It's 0.661, which is a 108 points pace. And here's an interesting tidbit: the best points totals in a regular season EVER by the Maple Leafs is 103 points (bonus trivia: the Leafs have only three 100+ points seasons ever. Besides the already mentioned all time best of 103, they have two seasons of exactly 100 points each).
So, Cassidy's Bruins in a 3/4 of a season sample have performed better than the Leafs ever did since they were founded.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Toronto should obviously be an option lol. I mean it is basically between Boston and Toronto at this point anyways. Though I do think that the Leafs will still end up in 2nd. They are coming out of by far the toughest part of their schedule this season, meanwhile Boston has been in a soft spot. That isn't meant as any kind of shot at Boston, a lot of teams don't take advantage of those soft spots and they did. But the Leafs have had a ridiculous schedule the last 6 weeks or so and it eases off a lot in the new year and towards the stretch run.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Leafs and Bruins would be great.

Leafs have been whooping some Boston ass the last couple of years. 4-0 last year and 2-0 this year. Would help the Leafs warm up for Tampa.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Leafs and Bruins would be great.

Leafs have been whooping some Boston ass the last couple of years. 4-0 last year and 2-0 this year. Would help the Leafs warm up for Tampa.

Bruins have been whooping some Tampa ass the last couple years and swept the Pens last season. Regular season records mean crap come playoff time.

I really hope the two team meet in the first round. The tears will be delightful.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Bruins have been whooping some Tampa ass the last couple years and swept the Pens last season. Regular season records mean crap come playoff time.

I really hope the two team meet in the first round. The tears will be delightful.

Yeah, Boston tears are especially delicious.
But seriously, I just don't feel threatened by Boston. Tampa is the real deal and I'm expecting a good matchup between the two blue and white teams.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

How you play against Tampa somehow correlates to playing Toronto? Alright lol. Not that I disagree with you that regular season records don't mean as much as most people try to say they do but that was a really weird response.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Toronto should obviously be an option lol. I mean it is basically between Boston and Toronto at this point anyways. Though I do think that the Leafs will still end up in 2nd. They are coming out of by far the toughest part of their schedule this season, meanwhile Boston has been in a soft spot. That isn't meant as any kind of shot at Boston, a lot of teams don't take advantage of those soft spots and they did. But the Leafs have had a ridiculous schedule the last 6 weeks or so and it eases off a lot in the new year and towards the stretch run.

Here to help: the Bruins lost a total of 49 - FOURTY-NINE - man games to injury. Our entire top 9 + two defensemen + our starting goalie have missed significant time (Krejci and McQuaid are still out).

That means that the Bruins had no more than probably 2/3rds of the regular roster for the vast majority of the season so far. It is not by chance that the Bruins had to push in a great deal of rookies in the lineup (SEVEN rookies scored their first ever NHL goal for the Bruins this season...). Only in the last 8-9 games we were close to fielding a full roster. As things stand, we haven't had even one game @ full roster.

All this to say that Boston has NOT been in a "soft spot" whatsoever. As a matter of fact, we've been through hell.
And even with that, we currently have the 6th best points percentage in the whole league (the only team with worst injuries than us, Anaheim, has the 20th best points %) . Only Tampa, Vegas, New Jersey, Nashville, and Los Angeles have performed better: that means we outperformed 83.3% of the league.

PS: against those 5 teams who have been better than us, we have a combined 5-2-1 record. That’s a 688 record or a 112 points pace vs the best of the best.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Here to help: the Bruins lost a total of 49 - FOURTY-NINE - man games to injury. Our entire top 9 + two defensemen + our starting goalie have missed significant time (Krejci and McQuaid are still out).

That means that the Bruins had no more than probably 2/3rds of the regular roster for the vast majority of the season so far. It is not by chance that the Bruins had to push in a great deal of rookies in the lineup (SEVEN rookies scored their first ever NHL goal for the Bruins this season...). Only in the last 8-9 games we were close to fielding a full roster. As things stand, we haven't had even one game @ full roster.

All this to say that Boston has NOT been in a "soft spot" whatsoever. As a matter of fact, we've been through hell.
And even with that, we currently have the 6th best points percentage in the whole league (the only team with worst injuries than us, Anaheim, has the 20th best points %) . Only Tampa, Vegas, New Jersey, Nashville, and Los Angeles have performed better: that means we outperformed 83.3% of the league.

PS: against those 5 teams who have been better than us, we have a combined 5-2-1 record. That’s a 688 record or a 112 points pace vs the best of the best.
Okay so everything you said in this post was correct. You guys have had a lot of injuries....but it has absolutely nothing to with what I posted so I am not quite sure why you quoted me, seeing as I wasn't addressing injuries and simple the two teams schedules to this point. I'm not even saying that I think the Leafs will definitely finish ahead I do think it is close but the Leafs have an easier schedule to end the season, there really isn't a way to doubt that.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Okay so everything you said in this post was correct. You guys have had a lot of injuries....but it has absolutely nothing to with what I posted so I am not quite sure why you quoted me, seeing as I wasn't addressing injuries and simple the two teams schedules to this point. I'm not even saying that I think the Leafs will definitely finish ahead I do think it is close but the Leafs have an easier schedule to end the season, there really isn't a way to doubt that.

For the sake of establishing what a "soft spot" of a whole season it has been so far, would you consider "softer":

a) playing a marginally better schedule (I have not checked this, I am taking your statement in good faith) with a horribly destroyed roster

OR

b) playing a marginally worse schedule with pretty much a full roster at all times (I know, Matthews lost 10 games with a concussion)

?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
For the sake of establishing what a "soft spot" of a whole season it has been so far, would you consider "softer":

a) playing a marginally better schedule (I have not checked this, I am taking your statement in good faith) with a horribly destroyed roster

OR

b) playing a marginally worse schedule with pretty much a full roster at all times (I know, Matthews lost 10 games with a concussion)

?
I would objectively take A. I would like to add that I was not trying to say your entire schedule has been easy just the last month or so for both teams. The Bruins have had a run with lots of home games and decent amount of rest, and you guys have started getting healthier. Meanwhile the Leafs had a tough stretch with lots of road games without Matthews. In the end I think it all balances out and the teams are fairly even anyways. It would be a fun series to watch though for sure.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I would objectively take A. I would like to add that I was not trying to say your entire schedule has been easy just the last month or so for both teams. The Bruins have had a run with lots of home games and decent amount of rest, and you guys have started getting healthier. Meanwhile the Leafs had a tough stretch with lots of road games without Matthews. In the end I think it all balances out and the teams are fairly even anyways. It would be a fun series to watch though for sure.
I gotta say, I like you. Good post. Can't object to anything here.

Reactions: TheBeastCoast

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Oh, I'm sorry. Not what you wanted to hear?

I meant, "it will come down to a three way race for spots #2 and #3 between the Lightning, Habs and Bruins while the Leafs easily sew up the top spot".
obviously not. tampa is the best team in the league. they're stacked. at every single position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->