OT: Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Vegas. Plucky underdogs. Would make us think twice about how to build a cup winning roster from here to the end of time. Their performance contradicts so much of the common knowledge in NHL fandom.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Want NJ and Boston out in first or 2nd round to improve those picks. Want tampa to win cup. Makes this year's first the 31st pick and next year's 2nd becomes a first. Next year, have Tampa finish dead last and make that pick the 1st or 2nd overall!

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Brain say Tampa for the Rangers to get the pick

Gut Nashville. I just like the way they went about building their team.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Why does everyone here love Nashville? Doesn't anyone remember a few weeks ago with their goon squad and their moronic bandwagon fans? Will never pull for that nonsense.

Same thing with bandwagon Washington. Screw Ovechkin.

The Vegas situation is an absolute JOKE! It shows just how devoid of top end talent the league actually is, and that three second lines are enough depth to win. The funny thing is, this is similar to how the Rangers had been somewhat successful over the past decade.

Only team I could root for is Tampa because the team is full of Rangers that I really liked.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Want NJ and Boston out in first or 2nd round to improve those picks. Want tampa to win cup. Makes this year's first the 31st pick and next year's 2nd becomes a first. Next year, have Tampa finish dead last and make that pick the 1st or 2nd overall!
This makes sense. I can get behind this. But anyone rooting for another team from the East, especially Washington and Ovechkin is an embarrassment to all Rangers fans

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
Tampa is the obvious correct answer. It should also be in an interesting playoff given how many ex-Rangers will be involved - seems like the entire teams of 2013-2017 have been dismantled and spread out among the remainder of the (maybe) playoff-bound Eastern Conference:

Tampa: McD, Girardi, Callahan, Stralman
Pittsburgh: Brassard, Hagelin, Hunwick
NJ: Brian Boyle, Grabner
Boston: Nash
Toronto: Dom Moore
Florida: Yandle
Carolina: Stempniak
Philly: Weise

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Tampa all the way. I hope they win the cup... then I hope they fall off the face of the earth in 2019... Their 2019 1st joins the lottery... Which by some miracle turns into Jack Hughes.

Rangers essentially win the lottery in back2back years.

Believe.

Reactions: jas

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
More embarrassing than the Avs winning in their first year in Denver

Not really. That team was well-structured with some great players they got in the Lindros trade.

Vegas only has depth players and prospects who developed into solid players in a single season

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Why does everyone here love Nashville? Doesn't anyone remember a few weeks ago with their goon squad and their moronic bandwagon fans? Will never pull for that nonsense.

Same thing with bandwagon Washington. Screw Ovechkin.

The Vegas situation is an absolute JOKE! It shows just how devoid of top end talent the league actually is, and that three second lines are enough depth to win. The funny thing is, this is similar to how the Rangers had been somewhat successful over the past decade.

Only team I could root for is Tampa because the team is full of Rangers that I really liked.

For me, I think they way Nashville went about building their team over the years has been interesting. They have a keen eye for getting really good D. They are in an interesting market and their crowd really seems to support them. I'd like someday to go to a game(s) there.

Vegas, I'm not as attached to but they are showing off what can be done with an expansion team and I think that is generally good for the league. Next time I am in Vegas I want to go to a game or two where as if they were bad, I probably would not have bothered but now my curiosity has grown.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
More embarrassing than the Avs winning in their first year in Denver
Not sure how that was embarrassing. They were #1 in the east the year before. Were short a goalie, and got one the following year along with Claude Lemieux.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
It’s all about the picks. Hope NJ and Boston fall as low as possible, have TB win the Cup, then suffer a big fall in 2019.

Reactions: All Might

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I hate every other team out of principle, but I might as well cheer for the Stars since I live so close to where they play now. OTOH, I should hope for whatever is the best possible outcome for the NYR draft in 2018 and 2019, whatever that means.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I can never root for Pit, Philly, NJ, Washington. I don't think I can root for Toronto or Boston either. That doesn't leave much. For practical reasons, I'll take TB winning, but I'm not rooting for it. My heart will be in the West, but my head says TB.

As far as Nashville, I saw a Rangers game there about 3 seasons ago. The fans have certainly embraced the team, but the average fan there wasn't the most informed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad