OT: Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Oilers are not great so maybe we pick up the win. Won’t get excited about playoffs with our schedule ahead. If we qualify for the playoffs it’s because we deserve it. We have a hell of a schedule coming up against very good teams.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
If no Rangers in the playoffs then I'd say Tampa for all the ex-Rangers. Then Boston and Washington. Basically anyone other than Pittsburgh again.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Vegas and Turkey Gallant . Yes...that is his nickname and what most people call him here on PEI . LOL...I call him Turk ....it is just safer haha.

Reactions: trilobyte

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I could definitely identify with cheering Turkey Gallant and the Golden Knights on. He gets the best out of his team by staying out of their way, and they sure do respond. More than the sum of their parts so far.

Reactions: leetch99

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Nashville (deserve a cup).

Vegas (great story).

San Jose (never won).

Minnesota (never won).

Toronto, maybe in the east? I usually root against eastern teams.

I’ll root for anyone who has never won a Cup (for the fans) or players that have never won a Cup and deserve one (unless they’re on NJ BOS PHI PIT NYI CBJ WSH MON or OTT).

Reactions: Elliman

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
A couple of wins against some crappy competition (including a performance in Vancouver that should have easily netted a loss) on the back of our goalie and its f***ing Playoff Pals: Resurrection in here.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Have to root for Tampa to win this year so we get their first next year. Then somehow fall apart and miss the playoffs next year so that ‘19 1st is a lottery pick from them.

Rooting for Boston to collapse down the stretch and then lose in the 1st rd so their picks are as high as possible.

Rooting for NJ to miss the playoffs or at best lose in the 1st rd.

So let’s go NYR south (TB)
Nashville in the west.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I'll be rooting for the Rangers while the rest of you traitors root for other teams. Sad.
This is pretty ignorant. I've seen one person so far legitimately pissed that the NYR won with hank's 50 save beauty. People aren't suddenly rooting against the NYR, they're simply understanding if the team loses a few games.

The only thing sad is this post and the people so desperate to look like "real fans" that they liked it.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
This is pretty ignorant. I've seen one person so far legitimately pissed that the NYR won with hank's 50 save beauty. People aren't suddenly rooting against the NYR, they're simply understanding if the team loses a few games.

The only thing is sad is this post and the people who liked it.
I was being sarcastic.

Edit: I would have thought Reggie of all people would have picked up on it, considering he is Mr. Sarcasm on these boards.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I was being sarcastic.

Edit: I would have thought Reggie of all people would have picked up on it, considering he is Mr. Sarcasm on these boards.
Sorry. Thank god. There's seriously no way to tell. My detector is completely broken b/c let's face it, a LOT of people feel that way and they're not shy about putting down everyone else.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A couple of wins against some crappy competition (including a performance in Vancouver that should have easily netted a loss) on the back of our goalie and its ****ing Playoff Pals: Resurrection in here.

I think you just created playoff avatars

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->