OT: Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Maybe it's cause I lived there for a long time but... Philly...is only 2nd worst to the Islanders

The Devils

AOblUOx.jpg

Everyone else

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I never root FOR anyone, I always root AGAINST teams. The team I will always root against the most are the Penguins. Their fans are simply insufferable and that includes Islanders, Devils and Flyers fans.

buckmaster

Feb 22, 2009
Going for Tampa to win this year and hopefully shit the bed next year, that way we still get out 2-1st round picks but 2019 be in a better position.

Tampa wins cup and miss playoffs next year.

One can dream

Reactions: Krams

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think this topic is out too early; it`s a chance that Rangers can still sneak in. They have 3 lines producing now, and 19 wins including vs Nucks is like 38 pts + 62 100 pts usually enough for playoffs just saying, and most guys are healthy + Lias & Chytil in Rangers end of the season + Kevin Shattenkirk. ;)

Although I admit I highly doubt it - we are more likely in for lottery for Rasmus based on our defense - we can let in 55 SOG against a rebuild team like Vancouver.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
I guess Tampa. Have less than no interest in seeing Girardi or Callahan lift a cup, dont care about Miller, but would like to see McDonagh and Stralman lift it...and it benefits us.

Or the Preds.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
I expect them to lose to Boston in game 7 of the conference semis.

Rick Nash butt move backhander deflects off of a needlessly sliding Callahan and into the net because Vasilevsky was being screened by an out of position Girardi.

I lied, this would be my preferred turn of events.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
As always, i never follow the western conference, so i hope that the gap between TBL/Pens and the rest aint to big to see some really close and good games on the eastern side. Im never gonna root for Pens, Flyers, Isles or Devils.. so whoever faces any of these teams. Other than that, ill cheer for the ex-Rangers that i really think deserve the cup.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Boston has the worst sport-fans in the country, Idk how non-Bruins fans can root for their team. Add in the fact that they have a 1st rounder this year, its our best interest to openly root against them. Also Nash has been a playoff failure during his NYR tenure and turns it around for the Bruins? **** that noise.

Pittsburgh 3-peat is close to cementing them as dynasty status if they aren't already there. Sucks when a rival team achieves that. I don't mind it as much because at least it's greatness (Malkin, Crosby) that's being displayed rather than thuggery like we've seen with the Kings/Bruins during their runs.

Tampa sort of sucks because Callahan is literally coasting to get his cup, but I think my rooting interest for McD, Miller and Stralman overshadows that. Prepare to be the butt-end of all jokes when they do win it inevitably on how the Rangers/Lundqvist were the problem.

Toronto winning would be great for the city. Our MLS team won last year and the atmosphere was amazing. Same for when the Jays/Raptors made the semis the past few seasons. None of those teams are near the popularity of the Leafs so the city might explode when it happens. Great time to be a sports fan here after a tough 2 decades.

I think I'm okay with anyone except for Boston, Philly, Washington, NJ and LA.

I like the boston comment but I need to see an outright condemnation of pitts dammit! Hate them. greatness my ***, they tanked and lucked into generational talent harder than any franchise in sports

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Why does everyone here love Nashville? Doesn't anyone remember a few weeks ago with their goon squad and their moronic bandwagon fans? Will never pull for that nonsense.

Same thing with bandwagon Washington. Screw Ovechkin.

The Vegas situation is an absolute JOKE! It shows just how devoid of top end talent the league actually is, and that three second lines are enough depth to win. The funny thing is, this is similar to how the Rangers had been somewhat successful over the past decade.

Only team I could root for is Tampa because the team is full of Rangers that I really liked.
I saw a weak, pathetic NYR team and I saw a Nsh fanbase thrilled with a tough team that cheered because they took the kid who rejected the franchise and hit him into the ice. They cheered the same thing any fanbase would.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Rooting for anything other than Boston and Tampa losing in round 1 this year is the wrong answer.
To me rooting for the best possible result is always the right answer. I understand not being upset by TB losing in the 1st round because the odds of them winning it all aren't the best. But it makes no sense to not root for the best result
TB losing in the first round returns a mid 23 or 24, not a 20.
TB is most likely going to be a contender picking in the 22-31 range next year as well. Even if TB were to repeat as cup champs, the jump that the 2nd round pick would make is leaps and bounds much greater in value then the jump from the 31 pick to the 23 or 24.

Reactions: jas

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm all aboard the Panthers bandwagon. f***ing love Barkov dude is the most underrated player in the league and should be right up there with Matthews. As a matter of fact if he was in Toronto instead he'd probably be made out to be McDavids equal.

Reactions: Elliman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->