OT: Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
For the first time in 8 years and 2nd time in the last 12 (I think), we will not be in the post season. That being said, are there any teams you are going to root for or follow?

Its easy for me, Boston and Tampa. With the exception of the Sox, I don't hate any NE sports teams. I happen to really like the make up of their team. I've always been a big fan of Chara. I like Bergeron. Most of all I really want to see Rick Nash get a cup.

I know some people have a strong dislike for Callahan and to each their own. But you have McDonagh, Stralman, Callahan, Miller AND Girardi all on one team. I don't know how anyone can root against Girardi either. Yeah the guy fell off the cliff in his last few years with us but he was the ultimate team player. Hating such a nice guy because he was signed to a bad contract just isn't rational. I'd love to see him get a cup. I only wish Brian Boyle was still in Tampa. That would be something.

I know, it makes no sense that I am rooting for the two teams I should be rooting for to lose. But, the only other team I teams I could really root bring myself to root for are Columbus and St. Louis. STL may not even make it and Columbus is iffy. At least if Tampa wins the cup we are guaranteed an extra 1st rounder. Whoever it is, I hope they demolish the team that comes out of the West. Because honestly? **** LA, SJS, WPG & NSH.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
I'll be rooting for Vegas and Tampa. I went to school in Florida and recently moved back near the Tampa area so I've always liked them since I went to school here. I've been to only one game so far this season unfortunately but want to go back soon.

As stated, rooting for Vegas too for obvious reasons. Would be cool to see.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I've got my Western affinities living in Seattle. I want Nashville to close this thing out, they deserved it last year, but had rotten luck.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
No post season feels f***ed up. Quick gentlemen, take your cyanide capsules!

No other interest in a team like Boston but I'm in on the Nash train. Let's go.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Tampa I guess, don't really want to though

Nashville from the West

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
So many options :)
I'd prefer the Pens not to win it again, mainly because repetition leads to boredom (when it's not your team), but other than that:
- Vegas winning would be an awesome story
- I'd like to see Ovie raise the cup
- Boston or Tampa with the recent NYR additions
- Nashville because they came so close last year
- Sharks for Thornton

Reactions: Ori

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Someone from the West.

I don't care that it helps us if Tampa wins. f*** Rangers South. I also don't care that we made the choice to move on from Callahan, Stralman, McDonagh and Miller. I'm petty when it comes to that shit. So what.

EDIT: I could tolerate Toronto winning. Yeah they'll be all obnoxious and entitled, but they're a Canadian team and I feel like that is acceptable to a degree.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Someone from the West.

I don't care that it helps us if Tampa wins. **** Rangers South. I also don't care that we made the choice to move on from Callahan, Stralman, McDonagh and Miller. I'm petty when it comes to that ****. So what.

Ditto. Except, Anaheim specifically.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Someone from the West.

I don't care that it helps us if Tampa wins. **** Rangers South. I also don't care that we made the choice to move on from Callahan, Stralman, McDonagh and Miller. I'm petty when it comes to that ****. So what.
To each his own my friend. To each his own.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind if Vegas or Washington wins.

I don't want to see LA, WPG, NSH, SJS, NJD, TOR or PITT win the cup. I don't really mind Philly or Anaheim. Minnesota or Dallas would be cool. Like both of those teams. With the Rangers not being in the playoffs I feel like I am going to watch that much more playoff hockey this year.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Dallas. As long as they keep their wild card spot. Benn Seguin Klingberg. Hitchcock needs another.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
In reality, as long as Toronto doesn't win, I'll get over it.

I would do some highly, highly regrettable things to ensure that they don't win a cup in my lifetime.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
We are obviously rooting for Tampa to win the Cup this year. Then I feel pretty damn good about them having a bit of a flop the following year and that would set us up for a nice lotto ticket... That also could end up being the best asset we would get in this trade.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Vegas or Washington.

Vegas because it would be an amazing story and really cement the sport there, and Washington because Ovi needs a cup.

I guess Tampa for the pick but I'm not actively rooting for them.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
We are obviously rooting for Tampa to win the Cup this year. Then I feel pretty damn good about them having a bit of a flop the following year and that would set us up for a nice lotto ticket... That also would end up being the best asset we would get in this trade.

If they win, then I'm glad we get the first rounder, but I will be cheering against them in every round that isn't against Toronto or New Jersey.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Someone from the West.

So you are putting your emotions about former Rangers winning the Cup ahead of what's best for future of this franchise? The franchise you root for and want what's best for, 30 other franchises be damned.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Tampa. Let's just get that 31st overall pick out of the way this year and hopefully next season it's a bit better.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I will watch Tampa for sure - always been fond of Marty St. Louis old team, and not because of our conditional late pick in 2019. :)

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I don't know how you can possibly root for Boston or Tampa with our pick situation. Espically Boston..let them lose and improve our pick.

I know the Tampa condition but let them win next year and maximize out picks in this strong draft and speed up our return to contention asap.

f*** Vegas too. Handed a good team. Their FO doesn't deserve it, nor do their fans. Yeah I'm a little bitter here but I got a problem with an expansion team being handed a bunch of 2nd line forwards. It's a joke that they are this good, an absolute joke.

I will root for good series and interesting matchups. Playoffs will sit be fun without us

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I don't understand how the answer can be anything other than Tampa Bay. On the off chance they don't make the playoffs next year, that changes the entire dynamic of the trade. From the west, I'd prefer Nashville. Vegas winning the cup as an expansion team would be embarrassing for the league in my opinion.

Reactions: iamitter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->