OT: Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Tampa. Let's just get that 31st overall pick out of the way this year and hopefully next season it's a bit better.

Yessir. Tampa has a history of being up and down.

Game 7 of the Conference Finals in 2011 to drafting Drouin 3rd OA in 2013.

Reactions: haveandare

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I don't know how you can possibly root for Boston or Tampa with our pick situation. Espically Boston..let them lose and improve our pick.

I know the Tampa condition but let them win next year and maximize out picks in this strong draft and speed up our return to contention asap

**** Vegas too. Handed a good team. Their FO doesn't deserve it, nor do their fans. Yeah I'm a little bitter here but I got a problem with an expansion team being handed a bunch of 2nd line forwards. It's a joke that they are this good, an absolute joke.

I will root for good series and interesting matchups. Playoffs will sit be fun without us

This is an excellent point. If they get knocked out in the first round this year and next, we get 16-24 and 47-55 (ish) picks. If they win the cup one year and come close the other, we could be looking at two picks in the 26-31 range.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s an unusual situation for us not been part of the playoffs in like 8 years, and I hate losing games since I played soccer active. :)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As soon as the Rangers close out the season I'm going to do my best to forget it even happened. I don't forsee myself watching any playoff hockey at all. Maybe there will be a little but it won't be much. It won't be a punishment--I can find all kinds of things to waste my time on and I will be tracking the draft and the free agent season. Really I don't care who wins. There are a lot of teams I really don't want to win it but really I don't want anyone to win. I look at it this way I'm a Rangers fan more than I'm a hockey fan. I'm fickle I guess.

Reactions: will1066 and nyr2k2

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Boston has the worst sport-fans in the country, Idk how non-Bruins fans can root for their team. Add in the fact that they have a 1st rounder this year, its our best interest to openly root against them. Also Nash has been a playoff failure during his NYR tenure and turns it around for the Bruins? f*** that noise.

Pittsburgh 3-peat is close to cementing them as dynasty status if they aren't already there. Sucks when a rival team achieves that. I don't mind it as much because at least it's greatness (Malkin, Crosby) that's being displayed rather than thuggery like we've seen with the Kings/Bruins during their runs.

Tampa sort of sucks because Callahan is literally coasting to get his cup, but I think my rooting interest for McD, Miller and Stralman overshadows that. Prepare to be the butt-end of all jokes when they do win it inevitably on how the Rangers/Lundqvist were the problem.

Toronto winning would be great for the city. Our MLS team won last year and the atmosphere was amazing. Same for when the Jays/Raptors made the semis the past few seasons. None of those teams are near the popularity of the Leafs so the city might explode when it happens. Great time to be a sports fan here after a tough 2 decades.

I think I'm okay with anyone except for Boston, Philly, Washington, NJ and LA.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Whats the hatred for Cally he was a warrior here.

Anyway i know that they beat us in 15 but i dont really have anitmosity towards them, I lived in boston for 10 years and they are pretty arrogant sports fans except for the Bruins believe it or not. I have a ton of friends that are die hard bruins fans and i have had some of the best hockey conversations with them. Plus when i bartended up there i met a bunch of bruins and they all tipped hella well.

Please no Pit, Tor, Ana, NJ.

Hate Wash but wanna see Ovi raise the cup

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Tampa most since it actually helps the rangers in a meaningful way. The pick aside, I’d be happy to see any of TB, Washington, Vegas or Nashville win.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I’ve heard some weird/crazy stuff on this board. But to read some of the things you people are saying in this specific thread is incredibly mind blowing. We are Rangers fans.(although based on your answers I question whether some of you really are) Our team is not in the playoffs! The answer to who you are rooting for should be NO ONE! If you must choose then it has to be a team from the west.

To root for a Washington for example is the worst thing I’ve ever heard concerning my Rangers. After all the times Ovi has torched us for example you feel bad for him? WTF? I am always beside myself angry when a rival team from our division especially wins.

You people are nuts!

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
New Jersey Devils

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad