OT: Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Infuriates me that people see Vegas as a 'good story"

Leicester City winning the PL was a good story. Vegas winning would make the league a laughing stock.

Vegas doing so well is a great story. Vegas winning a round or two is a great story. Vegas winning the Cup is sort of embarrassing.

For the thread:

1) Tampa
2) Nashville
3) Toronto

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Infuriates me that people see Vegas as a 'good story"

Leicester City winning the PL was a good story. Vegas winning would make the league a laughing stock.

A laughing stock to whom?
Sorry for getting you all infuriated :)

It's interesting that Leicester City is a good story because they won with 'lesser' players as they couldn't afford the top talent taken by other team, yet Vegas, who had to go with 'lesser' players because that's what they were offered by other teams is a joke...

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
A laughing stock to whom?
Sorry for getting you all infuriated :)

It's interesting that Leicester City is a good story because they won with 'lesser' players as they couldn't afford the top talent taken by other team, yet Vegas, who had to go with 'lesser' players because that's what they were offered by other teams is a joke...

Vegas' roster is what it is because of wacked expansion draft rules that forced teams to expose too many good players. That's the joke, IMO.

Reactions: NCRanger

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Vegas' roster is what it is because of wacked expansion draft rules that forced teams to expose too many good players. That's the joke, IMO.

While you may be correct, the general consensus prior to the season starting was that with the players they got they were a shoe-in for a lottery pick.
At the time of the draft, which exposed players did you honestly consider 'really good' outside of MAF and Neal?

Reactions: shinchanyo

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
While you may be correct, the general consensus prior to the season starting was that with the players they got they were a shoe-in for a lottery pick.
At the time of the draft, which exposed players did you honestly consider 'really good' outside of MAF and Neal?

I will admit I certainly did not predict they would be this good.

They didn't get a bunch of stars, but instead of getting 4th liners and AHL fodder they got a bunch of 2nd/3rd line forwards and top 4 defenseman to fill out their entire roster which has translated to more success than anyone thought it would.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I’ve heard some weird/crazy stuff on this board. But to read some of the things you people are saying in this specific thread is incredibly mind blowing. We are Rangers fans.(although based on your answers I question whether some of you really are) Our team is not in the playoffs! The answer to who you are rooting for should be NO ONE! If you must choose then it has to be a team from the west.

To root for a Washington for example is the worst thing I’ve ever heard concerning my Rangers. After all the times Ovi has torched us for example you feel bad for him? WTF? I am always beside myself angry when a rival team from our division especially wins.

You people are nuts!

Rooting for another team when the Rangers are still in it is nuts. This is not that situation.

There is only one right answer here. I don't care if Tampa Bay ices a team filled with clones from the spliced DNA of AV, Darth Vader, and Kirk Cameron. We should want TB to win it all this year. Then we want them to finish dead last next year. We can't get the Cup this year. We should be rooting for the ONLY result that actually has any tangible impact on our team.

Go Bolts.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I like Winnipeg, Nashville, Vegas, and Toronto.

And I guess Tampa so we can git dat 1st although it is begrudingly.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Rooting for another team when the Rangers are still in it is nuts. This is not that situation.

There is only one right answer here. I don't care if Tampa Bay ices a team filled with clones from the spliced DNA of AV, Darth Vader, and Kirk Cameron. We should want TB to win it all this year. Then we want them to finish dead last next year. We can't get the Cup this year. We should be rooting for the ONLY result that actually has any tangible impact on our team.

Go Bolts.

Yeah, my cheering for Tampa is purely in the self-serving interest of getting that first round pick guaranteed. So in a way, I feel like I am still really cheering for the Rangers.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Nashville, Vegas, Toronto, or Boston. Really not interested in seeing anyone from the Metro win. Definitely not gonna root for TB but if they win so be it I'll be happy for the extra 1st.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Toronto. I want Toronto to come out of the Atlantic. The TB and Boston #1 picks in June will be better picks. They won't be #28-#31.

If TB wins the Cup,they can win it in 2019.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad