Well That Was Fun...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
His system of pack the middle and let them ring the boards is insane. They will eventually get an open shot. No one challenges the point or tries to block a shot and the dmen won't tie up a guy in the crease. The system is built on the goalie making the save and we clear the rebound. The Preds clearly showed last season in the playoffs that challenging the shooters and blocking shots gives you a much better chance for success.

:thumbu:

This article goes a long way to show that Q doesn't adapt his systems to fit his players, their strengths, talents, etc. He tries to change the players to fit his old ass, washed-up systems. And that rarely, if ever, works.

New defensemen learning Blackhawks' unusual system as they go

Last edited:
Reactions: BK

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
:thumbu:

This article goes a long way to show that Q doesn't adapt his systems to fit his players, their strengths, talents, etc. He tries to change the players to fit his old ass, washed-up systems. And that rarely, if ever, works.
this shows you just have extreme hate for quenneville and no matter what is said u will twist it negatively.

should they bring in vigneault? ruff? bylsma? sutter? or go unproven? not to much time left while your HOF core can still compete.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
this shows you just have extreme hate for quenneville and no matter what is said u will twist it negatively.

should they bring in vigneault? ruff? bylsma? sutter? or go unproven? not to much time left while your HOF core can still compete.

How does posting an article about how players have to adjust to Q's systems, as opposed to Q adjusting his systems to the players he has, display my "extreme hate" for Q? :dunce:

As far as coaches? I would have preferred to see Colliton next year. Or maybe one year of Ulf as the interim, with Colliton as the Assistant, then Colliton the season after.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Again, Do you know the systems the Hawks play? If so, explain how they are currently up to date and put the players in the position to succeed?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

What a ridiculous statement. A coach trying to force players into his system is not generally a good thing in any sport.

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
they came from the worst teams in the entire league last year of course the system is different, they changed teams! what is going on around here. the system has worked 9/10 years he coached and has new players come and go every year. the talent wasnt there this year. The goaltending stunk, the defense is trash, and the offense couldnt carry the load like in past years because the best players didnt play at there best.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
What a ridiculous statement. A coach trying to force players into his system is not generally a good thing in any sport.
the players are going onto a new team. do you think the hawks should have switched to a man on man style defense because cody franson could be more comfortable because the 26th place sabres did it last year??

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
they came from the worst teams in the entire league last year of course the system is different, they changed teams! what is going on around here. the system has worked 9/10 years he coached and has new players come and go every year. the talent wasnt there this year. The goaltending stunk, the defense is trash, and the offense couldnt carry the load like in past years because the best players didnt play at there best.

The system is "unusual". According to the Hawks D, of which 6 of the 8 were basically new to the system...

That doesn't strike you as odd? That players from all different teams and leagues all consider Q's system "unusual"??????

I just have to give up. It's like I'm talking to a wall.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
im not saying q is perfect by any means and im if the down season happens again its probly time for a change but giving up on him to early just because hes been around a while isnt the answer. Fire Lovie to get to Tressman.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
The system is "unusual". According to the Hawks D, of which 6 of the 8 were basically new to the system...

That doesn't strike you as odd? That players from all different teams and leagues all consider Q's system "unusual"??????

I just have to give up. It's like I'm talking to a wall.
almost everything you say is just made up. where does anyone say "unusual" in that whole article besides the title by some writer. please give up. it doesnt strike me as odd that a top team like the blackhawks would deploy a different system then the bottom feeders like sabres and coyotes.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
almost everything you say is just made up. where does anyone say "unusual" in that whole article besides the title by some writer. please give up. it doesnt strike me as odd that a top team like the blackhawks would deploy a different system then the bottom feeders like sabres and coyotes.

Yes, everything I say is made up... :thumbu:

That's why everyone here is arguing with you and telling you how wrong you are about everything you say.

Another :dunce: added to ignore.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Do you live under a rock? Actually go and read the threads, Q was just one of the issues. DO you actually think Q helped the team this season? Do you think his systems are effective? If so, why?

Sorry pal -- it is laughable to think that Q was the difference between us making and missing the playoffs. Last time I checked, he plays zero minutes every game, and caused his defensemen to make zero turnovers in their own zone.

But definitely insult people that disagree with you. It's working awesome. :laugh:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Yes, everything I say is made up... :thumbu:

That's why everyone here is arguing with you and telling you how wrong you are about everything you say.

Another :dunce: added to ignore.
yes everyone here disagrees with my unpopular opinion that quennville should not be at fault for this disaster of a season. not a suprise in the attack the team/organization thread.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I mean, people are doing things like citing reasons/interviews that back up their argument...
one person sited an interview of players saying they are getting adjusted to the new system before the season started literally a nothing article. of course players from different teams have different systems...

nobody has responded to how its quite the coincidence that the system "failed and became outdated" the second the good players left, got hurt, and regressed.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sorry pal -- it is laughable to think that Q was the difference between us making and missing the playoffs. Last time I checked, he plays zero minutes every game, and caused his defensemen to make zero turnovers in their own zone.

But definitely insult people that disagree with you. It's working awesome. :laugh:

You didn't answer a single question and tried to play the victim...nice. Last time I checked Q decided lineups (they were awful), decided the team systems (they were awful, outdated, and predictable), and was in charge of making sure the team was ready to play (they never were). If you think otherwise you seriously didn't watch the Hawks this season and know very little about the game.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
one person sited an interview of players saying they are getting adjusted to the new system before the season started literally a nothing article. of course players from different teams have different systems...

nobody has responded to how its quite the coincidence that the system "failed and became outdated" the second the good players left, got hurt, and regressed.

Numerous people have told you the systems have had problems going back to 2015 after they won the Cup... You just refuse to believe it due to them finishing first in the division last year...

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Numerous people have told you the systems have had problems going back to 2015 after they won the Cup... You just refuse to believe it due to them finishing first in the division last year...
people have been saying that every single year the hawks have ever played doesnt mean its true. hell people on here were saying to sell at the deadline before cup years. If you finish in 1st over a 82 game schedule in a very tough division, then yes, i believe the system works.

1st in the conference*

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
people have been saying that every single year the hawks have ever played doesnt mean its true. hell people on here were saying to sell at the deadline before cup years. If you finish in 1st over a 82 game schedule in a very tough division, then yes, i believe the system works.

1st in the conference*

If you go back and read thread a number of us have broken down in detail to why the system is outdated and easy to play against with live examples. These are not just ghost stories.

The GM of the team himself said this team was not as good as their record last season.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

1st in the conference*

One person and it was BWC.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

1st in the conference*

I guess we're the new Caps huh? Let's win the regular season trophy every year! Who cares about the playoffs?!?!?

Glad you gauge success off meaningless regular season trophies.

And uhhhh... one person said to sell before a Cup win in 2015, one season, and one poster... BWC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad