Well That Was Fun...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Where have I said that it's rare, or no other team uses it? I've said it's unusual, and not typical of most NHL teams, meaning it's not what most teams use. Even teams who use a zone system don't use it the same way the Hawks and Q use it... It's a modified low-zone collapse.

un·u·su·al
ˌənˈyo͞oZH(o͞o)əl/
adjective
  1. not habitually or commonly occurring or done
Again, you're arguing just to argue, and over stupid **** on top of it. Which is par for the course with you it seems. Arguing over word usage, and even worse, words that I never even used. :laugh:

There are articles where D who come here describe having a hard time adjusting to the system, and it taking a long time. The system is not typical of NHL systems. Numerous instances of D coming here and saying that a lot of it is different from what they're used to. And you're going to argue with me over the word "unusual". :shakehead
I apologize then.

The way your first post came off was as if 6 of the 8 Dmen new this year thought Q's system was something unusual. When really, it was 1 guy, Murphy, who played on shit teams his whole career. Not a guy I would be talking to about what systems are used around the league. Franson said he has played the system before but just needed to retrain his brain.

Every team has a different system that isn't typical. The structure of it may be typical, but the little ins and outs of the system range from team to team, making them all unusual.

I took unusual in this case to be considered as rare, or unheard of. Maybe I read into it too much.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I apologize then.

The way your first post came off was as if 6 of the 8 Dmen new this year thought Q's system was something unusual. When really, it was 1 guy, Murphy, who played on **** teams his whole career. Not a guy I would be talking to about what systems are used around the league. Franson said he has played the system before but just needed to retrain his brain.

Every team has a different system that isn't typical. The structure of it may be typical, but the little ins and outs of the system range from team to team, making them all unusual.

I took unusual in this case to be considered as rare, or unheard of. Maybe I read into it too much.

Apology not necessary. :thumbu:

I just meant it's apparently harder to adjust to than most guys seem to be used to, based upon comments from them. Unusual in a sense that they're not used to it, and have a tough time adjusting to it with all the small things that Q requires of them. It's different than most low-zone collapse systems, from what I gather.

I think you read into it too much. I was just trying to make the point above.

Last edited:

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Anyone know if the Hawks AHL team uses the same "system" as Q uses ???

Makes sense to teach 1 system from the A to the Pro's

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
OK. .so Keith promises to do "whatever it takes" this summer to get back to his top form (if he just got back to even from -29 it would be hardly back to form..but still imagine getting 29 ES goals against back? It certainly would help the cause ...to collect back 49 goals against or more would be back to form ..but who in their right mind would predict Keith can Re-juvenation ate to that degree again? Note that I purposely only used the goals against at evens for the entire +/- rejuvenation

..because nobody expects Keith to score a lot more goals or get a lot more assists at evens ..I would be happy if he just competed better defensively in our own end.

And if course Seabrook too chimes in that he will train a lot handset this summer to report back in the best shape ever in September ...well he is 2 years younger than Keith and I suppose if he dropped some drag weight he might be able to move faster
.but I guess we need to wait to see how svelte he blooms at main camp and if that translates to morexspeedxand agility I'm the eye test before we pronounce on the success or not of his summer Trai in program.. COURSE, if he goes on the Toews Vegan Smoothie Diet with a change in training methods ...well we know how well that worked out for Toews! (Sarcasm for those who cannot figure out what I meant).

As for said Mr.Toews...well 3 consecutive seasons of sub-star/sub-par coasting has brought us to him being "just another giy" except for face off specialty ...NOW. ..if he tells us he is going to eat a lot more red meat ...get his strength and Cohjones back,THEN I will start getting exited again...But all this talk of Re-juvenation and how it will not be hard for our disappointing core vets to get back to top form is so much Yada Yada Yada...we have hear it all be fore..They must prove it to the fans.. Till I see concrete proof of the hunger returning and the hard work it takes,snd them actually beating goalies and them comic to g to defend our goal better...till I see all these things ,I am buying tho kool-aid proposition and that their Contrite disappointmen wll not translate into reversal to top star form again...

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Fiddy must really want us to read this thread...

tumblr_p731d3xBpU1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Things that must change if Q is to end his Country Club for core veys:

1.More and longer practices...Till they learn how to clear pucks...put passes on tape...cover guys. .and win races to loose pucks and win puck battles.
And of course "finisjong" practoce/hot the target.

2.No "maintenance daus" for coddled vets..If a practice is called orca morning skate it should not be optional or recess given to anyone.

3Burn the Switch ceremony...so that they get it into their heads you gotta pshowvup a full 60 ...
..not 1/3 of a game or less .

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Wait, are we now talking about purposely letting out a big fart in a crowded room and then running away so you don't have to smell the thing yourself? Because I totally have never done that before...

I can totally admit to this kind of dickish behavior in the past when I was much younger.

Used to crop dust the cubicles that weren't directly by mine all the time when I was an IT helpdesk guy. Then I'd sit at my cube and laugh while coworkers tried to figure out who did it and argue with each other about it. :joker:

Yes, now that I'm in my 30's I realize how childish it was at the time. But it was amusing. And we're also talking like ages 21-24. I was a kid still. :)

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I can totally admit to this kind of dickish behavior in the past when I was much younger.

Used to crop dust the cubicles that weren't directly by mine all the time when I was an IT helpdesk guy. Then I'd sit at my cube and laugh while coworkers tried to figure out who did it and argue with each other about it. :joker:

Yes, now that I'm in my 30's I realize how childish it was at the time. But it was amusing. And we're also talking like ages 21-24. I was a kid still. :)
tumblr_p73a9pP9ZF1w8vvh3o1_400.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad