Well That Was Fun...

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I guess we're the new Caps huh? Let's win the regular season trophy every year! Who cares about the playoffs?!?!?

Glad you gauge success off meaningless regular season trophies.

And uhhhh... one person said to sell before a Cup win in 2015, one season, and one poster... BWC.
i think the caps are a very successful organization and they give themselves a chance to win every year. not sure its much of an insult. i still dont know what coach and system you want quenneville replaced with.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The system is "unusual". According to the Hawks D, of which 6 of the 8 were basically new to the system...

That doesn't strike you as odd? That players from all different teams and leagues all consider Q's system "unusual"??????

I just have to give up. It's like I'm talking to a wall.
That's a little misleading to what the article says.

None of the Dmen called his system unusual, and only 1 (Murphy) said it's a system he isn't used to.

They way I took your post was that the article said 6 of the 8 Dmen thought Q's system was unusual, but none of them thought that according to what I read in the article.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That's a little misleading to what the article says.

None of the Dmen called his system unusual, and only 1 (Murphy) said it's a system he isn't used to.

They way I took your post was that the article said 6 of the 8 Dmen thought Q's system was unusual, but none of them thought that according to what I read in the article.

It is, but where does the "unusual" headline come from, if not the players?

I could go find more articles where it's talked about also. Saw a couple others when I found that one.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I said it already. Go find it.
went to go find it but all i found was you saying that keith only had 1 bad year so he should get a break and listed his past achievements. weird that it doesnt apply to coaches,just aging vets, if thats what u think happened this year.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
went to go find it but all i found was you saying that keith only had 1 bad year so he should get a break constantly. weird that it doesnt apply to coaches if thats what u think happened this year.

I said I'd take Colliton, or Ulf as interim for one season with Colliton as Assistant and then Colliton head coach the following season, at least somewhere in one of these threads. Been following a bunch today.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You've also refused to address anything people have brought up with regards to systems, lineup decisions, special teams systems, line builds, defense pairings, etc. You haven't backed up your stance with anything. You've just stated it over and over with no substance to your position.

Reactions: BK

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You've also refused to address anything people have brought up with regards to systems, lineup decisions, special teams systems, line builds, defense pairings, etc. You haven't backed up your stance with anything. You've just stated it over and over with no substance to your position.

He could be President someday.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
they dont have enough talent to be good right now. thats my position. they won for 9 years with quennevilles system and lineup decisions. they may win some more games if they packed it in a played an old new jersey or wild system but they wont win the cup and the goal, with this group, is to win the cup. They need to let the young guys mature, bring in some fresh bodies, hit on the draft, have there veterans bounce back and have the goaltending come back to life.

bringing in an interm coach from a coaching staff that you dont like, that has a say in special teams that you dont like, that has a say in buildings lines that you dont like.... All this so you can pay queneville to not coach your team for a year only then to bring in an ahl coach with a middle of the road record after his first year. Thats your answer??

i think your blaming the coach for the losses instead of lack of talent,regression, age, and injury problems.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
they dont have enough talent to be good right now. thats my position. they won for 9 years with quennevilles system and lineup decisions. they may win some more games if they packed it in a played an old new jersey or wild system but they wont win the cup and the goal, with this group, is to win the cup. They need to let the young guys mature, bring in some fresh bodies, hit on the draft, have there veterans bounce back and have the goaltending come back to life.

bringing in an interm coach from a coaching staff that you dont like, that has a say in special teams that you dont like, that has a say in buildings lines that you dont like.... All this so you can pay queneville to not coach your team for a year only then to bring in an ahl coach with a middle of the road record after his first year. Thats your answer??

i think your blaming the coach for the losses instead of lack of talent,regression, age, and injury problems.

You clearly don't understand how line and systems can impact a team. An outdated system will prevent a team from winning and that is the case here.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Rockford is 39-26-4, is that middle of the road? 6 out of 15 in the conference, 13 out of 30 in the league.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
You clearly don't understand how line and systems can impact a team. An outdated system will prevent a team from winning and that is the case here.
oh i dont understand and its outdated??? good insight. Last year wasnt out dated (proven by there record) but this year outdated. musta happened in the offseason or somthing!

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I will because you're rounding back to the negative side in order to belittle the young and promising coach.

He's eventually going to coach the Hawks, so I'm not sure why you're trying to discredit him already.
so i cant say that the record is middle of the road because its 13th and not 15th but u can say that he will be the coach of the blackhawks eventually. all while in a thread belittling a veteran, hall of fame ,legand coach. hell of a hill to die on.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It is, but where does the "unusual" headline come from, if not the players?

I could go find more articles where it's talked about also. Saw a couple others when I found that one.
The writer? I didn't see one quote in there where a player said it was unusual. If you have another article I'd like to read it.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
so i cant say that the record is middle of the road because its 13th and not 15th but u can say that he will be the coach of the blackhawks eventually. all while in a thread belittling a veteran, hall of fame ,legand coach. hell of a hill to die on.

Well I can factually prove that 13 out of 30 is not mathematically middling, saying it also dismisses that Colliton has them in playoff position. Also, there is more proof Colliton will be the next coach than not.

As for belittling Q, I don't think people are doing that. They're simply saying what he's doing isn't working anymore, and he needs to adjust. Things constantly change in sports, and what was effective even three years ago may be totally ineffective now.

Also as Theo Epstein said, “Bill Walsh said that after 10 years in any position that’s stressful, it’s probably best to seek a new landscape and different challenges.”

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The writer? I didn't see one quote in there where a player said it was unusual. If you have another article I'd like to read it.

Daley trying to pick up Blackhawks system 'as quick as possible'

Blackhawks system starting to become more 'natural' to new defensemen

I mean, it's pretty common knowledge that Q's system is different than pretty much every other team in the NHL, and takes a long time for D to adapt to... So not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Daley trying to pick up Blackhawks system 'as quick as possible'

Blackhawks system starting to become more 'natural' to new defensemen

I mean, it's pretty common knowledge that Q's system is different than pretty much every other team in the NHL, and takes a long time for D to adapt to... So not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

We also have a thread discussing other quirks in the system. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/defensive-philosophy.2466247/

Also, aren't the Hawks last or second to last this year in zone entries by defensemen?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We also have a thread discussing other quirks in the system. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/defensive-philosophy.2466247/

Also, aren't the Hawks last or second to last this year in zone entries by defensemen?

The systems aren't working anymore. Time for Q to adapt, or be given his walking papers. Unfortunately, he wasn't/isn't being given those. So he needs to adapt/modify his systems to find something that works. Otherwise, I expect another lotto team finish next year again. Especially with no Crow.

And yes, I'm pretty sure they were.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
oh i dont understand and its outdated??? good insight. Last year wasnt out dated (proven by there record) but this year outdated. musta happened in the offseason or somthing!

It was outdated last year and the issues started in the 15/16 season.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Well I can factually prove that 13 out of 30 is not mathematically middling, saying it also dismisses that Colliton has them in playoff position. Also, there is more proof Colliton will be the next coach than not.

As for belittling Q, I don't think people are doing that. They're simply saying what he's doing isn't working anymore, and he needs to adjust. Things constantly change in sports, and what was effective even three years ago may be totally ineffective now.

Also as Theo Epstein said, “Bill Walsh said that after 10 years in any position that’s stressful, it’s probably best to seek a new landscape and different challenges.”

almost none of this post has any merit. Do you still want to die on the hill that 13th place is not a middling team? thats fine ill concide 13th place is not 15th place. Everything else is complete spinzone nonsence.

Im belittling colliton because i said the teams record was middling but this whole thread is not belittling Q. you dont even believe that nonsense.

you didnt need to add theo epstein into a bill walsh quote and i just read his book not to long ago where he says he regrets that decision to retire then. tough look on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->