Pre-Game Talk: Wed. Feb. 27th Vs. Montreal Canadiens | BIGGER GAME! (Mod Warning: Post 211)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Habs have 4 less goals than your beloved Leafs, in one less game. Wouldn't call them a terrible offensive team / trap team. They are 6th in the East for GF (Leafs are 4th).

I agree with our defensive depth, it isnt that great. But you cant just dismiss guys like Gorges. Diaz also has been a revelation this year.

Here's to a good game without injuries.

Actually, its 5 less goals than my beloved leafs. And in terms of goals per game, a better stat to look at offense, leafs are top 10, sitting at 9, where as habs are 15, middle of the pack. Lets also not forget that the Leafs are missing a winger that was playing at a point per game pace last season through 60 games and another winger who was point per game in 10 games this season. That is what depth is.

And my original post wasn't one to compare the leafs and the habs. Merely commenting on how truly bad the Montreal roster is. Even being 15th in goals per game is lucky, IMO. They will fall to the bottom 10 of the league by the end, just a matter of time. Zero depth, imo.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Again, let Gunner do the GDT when he comes back.

I only put it up as noon (initially, it was one hour before puckdrop) so that if someone didn't give any update until noon, then anyone can open it.

But since Gunner has already updated us, why not wait for it and meanwhile discuss in this thread?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He can't do that!:rant:

There's a signup and everything. No random person can just make one!

But seriously, where the **** is Gunners? It's his turn damnit.

:laugh: Seriously?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
GO LEAFS GO

This is going to be us tonight..

gargomel.jpg

Kicking the **** out of smurfs, ruining smurf land etc etc

OG SFAEL OG

Last edited:

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Why are people up in arms about the GDT. We have this thread, so let's discuss the game here. As long as the GDT is up for the start of the game, I couldn't care less when he posts it.

Gotta come out strong. Kadri with a big game, book it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Actually, its 5 less goals than my beloved leafs. And in terms of goals per game, a better stat to look at offense, leafs are top 10, sitting at 9, where as habs are 15, middle of the pack. Lets also not forget that the Leafs are missing a winger that was playing at a point per game pace last season through 60 games and another winger who was point per game in 10 games this season. That is what depth is.

And my original post wasn't one to compare the leafs and the habs. Merely commenting on how truly bad the Montreal roster is. Even being 15th in goals per game is lucky, IMO. They will fall to the bottom 10 of the league by the end, just a matter of time. Zero depth, imo.

I've read some very good analysis of strengths and weaknesses of both teams on this board.

This is not one of them.

Good luck.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I've read some very good analysis of strengths and weaknesses of both teams on this board.

This is not one of them.

Good luck.

It's not hard to see the Habs are playing over their heads.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I'll be disappointed if the Leafs lose this one. They are by far the better team physically and have more skill in the top 6.

Comes down to Price, as usual for the Habs I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad