Pre-Game Talk: Wed. Feb. 27th Vs. Montreal Canadiens | BIGGER GAME! (Mod Warning: Post 211)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Really excited for tonight's match, got to credit your team for bringing the rivalry back! Hopefully the habs don't get outworked this game again, the leafs are one of the only teams to do that to them this year :)
Cheers man, hoping for a great game tonight!

leafstilldeath*

Grabo hatrick +3

patches -3

Aaaaahhhhhh.....

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So the blue and white are calling us Smurfs, the irony is strong in this one. We're the Smurfs because we have 3 small guys and you guy shave 2 small guys, and our D-man are just over 6 feet, while you have '6''5 goons who score 2 goals a season. That's actually fine with me, I'd rather be smaller, but you guys really need to find a new name. O.K blue and white? because the real Smurfs are Grabovski and Komarov.

When you say "shave 2 small guys", are you sure you're not discussing your weekend plans?

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
So the blue and white are calling us Smurfs, the irony is strong in this one. We're the Smurfs because we have 3 small guys and you guy shave 2 small guys, and our D-man are just over 6 feet, while you have '6''5 goons who score 2 goals a season. That's actually fine with me, I'd rather be smaller, but you guys really need to find a new name. O.K blue and white? because the real Smurfs are Grabovski and Komarov.

Orr vs Canadiens
smurfs-being-chased-by-gargamel.jpg

lampshade*

Noticed Emelin finally took the cage off, he's been playing noticeably smaller. Wouldnt mind seeing someone give him a gloved punch and test those plates out.

TheBabysitter*

When you say "shave 2 small guys", are you sure you're not discussing your weekend plans?

Nice lol I just hope most of you are intelligent enough to know my mistake. Some guy said he had trouble reading it :help:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I just want to reiterate how much I dislike the Habs and their fans. That is all.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I will never understand why people make posts like this.

"No, you're wrong." Okay, great. But without any elaboration as to why, it comes off like you're just trying to be an antagonistic jackass in lieu of showing some modicum of interest in anything resembling a meaningful conversation.

This would be a totally fair point if I hadn't been responding to the exact kind of "antagonistic jackass" you were calling out. I forget the guy's name (you can easily go back and check if you doubt me) but he proclaimed the Habs to be awful... just because. No elaboration whatsoever. In other words -- the exact kind of post you dislike.

In retrospect, I should just ignore juvenile posts like that. My bad for giving him attention. On the other hand, I'm more than happy to have a reasonable discussion about anything Habs/Leafs related.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Nice lol I just hope most of you are intelligent enough to know my mistake. Some guy said he had trouble reading it :help:

When you write something that disjointed and desultory, it makes me think the school system in Mississauga has downgraded a tad since I was there. At that point, i begin to worry about the youth of today rather than contemplate what message you're attempting to convey with your rambling, incoherent post.

TheBabysitter*

When you write something that disjointed and desultory, it makes me think the school system in Mississauga has downgraded a tad since I was there. At that point, i begin to worry about the youth of today rather than contemplate what message you're attempting to convey with your rambling, incoherent post.

It's very simple...If you gonna call somebody a smurf, make sure you don't look like one. I don't see fat people calling others fat.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Another very important reason why we want to win tomorrow night:

Buffalo, Florida and Boston all won. We want/need to keep on pace with them. (more so Boston than anyone else).

We missed the boat on keeping pace with Boston long ago. Let them keep beating up on the teams we are competing with

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
We missed the boat on keeping pace with Boston long ago. Let them keep beating up on the teams we are competing with

im so tired of boston having always 3-5 less games played each year until the end ..its pretty annoying that they get to play more tired teams all year

Kyle Doobas*

but he proclaimed the Habs to be awful... just because. No elaboration whatsoever.
Ah s**t. My bad. I didn't even see his first post, just the second one that you quoted. Was definitely baiting on the first one.

In any case I didn't really mean to nitpick at you in particular, it just seems like every day on here there's more and more crap you have to weed through to get to anything worthwhile. But if reasonable discussions are your thing, please stick around and post some more 'cause we need all the help we can get on the Leafs board. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille