Pre-Game Talk: Wed. Feb. 27th Vs. Montreal Canadiens | BIGGER GAME! (Mod Warning: Post 211)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Habs have 4 less goals than your beloved Leafs, in one less game. Wouldn't call them a terrible offensive team / trap team. They are 6th in the East for GF (Leafs are 4th).

I agree with our defensive depth, it isnt that great. But you cant just dismiss guys like Gorges. Diaz also has been a revelation this year.

Here's to a good game without injuries.

Shouldn't you be making your next Leafs/Habs poll?

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
@DavidAlter590:
James Reimer is practicing again.. Looking like he's getting closer and closer to returning.

I watched Reimer yesterday and he looks just a split second behind when he is trying to get up. I cannot say I paid attention to it before, so he might be always like that... Still concerning to me....

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Might try to find myself tickets for the game tonight. Anyone know how much a couple a nosebleeders will cost from a scalper?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I watched Reimer yesterday and he looks just a split second behind when he is trying to get up. I cannot say I paid attention to it before, so he might be always like that... Still concerning to me....

Still conditioning, and it's practice....we talkin' bout practice!! (many thanks to Allen Iverson for the contents of this post):laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's not hard to see the Habs are playing over their heads.

If you mean the Habs won't sustain a point % of 711, you're probably right. Division leaders usually end up in the 625% range. Even Chicago will eventually drop out of orbit and rejoin us mortals. But as a Habs fan, I admit it's very nice being #1 in the east for now.

Enjoy the game.

G51 K81*

Is Orr seriously playing with Kadri again?

What does it matter, Kadri produces regardless who is on his line. The 2 assists last game were on goals from Kules and Grabo, none of which are on Kadri's line. The only game Kadri and Mac generated any offense from within their line was when Orr was on it.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Hmm, an unusual 7:30 home game start time for the Buds (since they switched to 7 about 3 seasons ago). Been a while since that happened, I believe.

Asif16*

Hmm, an unusual 7:30 home game start time for the Buds (since they switched to 7 about 3 seasons ago). Been a while since that happened, I believe.

What?? No way. 7:30. Damn. Thats unusual. I had no clue. I was gearing up for 7:00. LOL.

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
Gunners is supposed to post it, and he acknowledged it. He said he'll post later during the day.

As long as there is a GDT and person doesn't disappear, I am completely fine. Besides, we could really use Gunners 3-0-0 record tonight. :D

Let Gunners do it!

He da man with the lucky GDT's

Asif16*

Crabs looked like an AHL team in the previous 2 meetings, they will probably come out very hungry..

And we will end up crushing them again. :sarcasm: :naughty:

Ofcourse we gonna crush em. I wonder what Paches and their bald ****ing cant speak english coach is gonna argue about this time though?

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Montreal is not a bad team. They are #1 in the east for a reason. That being said, if we play SMART, and play physical while staying away from any unnecessary penalties, we can win.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
might be because I've got the flu, but I don't feel good about this game at all...

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Montreal is not a bad team. They are #1 in the east for a reason. That being said, if we play SMART, and play physical while staying away from any unnecessary penalties, we can win.

They're #1 because Boston has played three less games.

Though I have to say their record is very good regardless.

Kyle Doobas*

I've read some very good analysis of strengths and weaknesses of both teams on this board.

This is not one of them.
I don't understand why people bother making posts like this

"No, you're wrong." Okay, great. But without any elaboration as to why, it comes off like you're just trying to be an antagonistic jackass in lieu of showing some modicum of interest in anything resembling a meaningful conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad