Pre-Game Talk: Wed. Feb. 27th Vs. Montreal Canadiens | BIGGER GAME! (Mod Warning: Post 211)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Great to see Reimer backing up tonight. Means he's ready to play, but they're giving Scrivens the start because he's played solid on most nights.

Depending on how Scrivens plays tonight will likely dictate who starts tomorrow on Long Island. Three days off after tomorrow, so they can play back to back starts for Scrivens if they feel he deserves another start. That gives Reimer an extra three day rest too. We'll see.

It's nice to have two goalies playing well.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Oh sorry, he first said it on TSN. If he's a backup, he can certainly start tomorrow! Good stuff, Scrivens has held the fort admirably but he still scares the livin crap out of me :)

Yeah, I agree. He will most likely start tomorrow. Great news.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I leave for like an hour and I find that a bunch of us have invaded the Habs board. :laugh:

Win or lose, these boards are gonna be hell after the game.

Well, not a bunch, but a few of us.

Last edited:

Penalty Kill Icing*

What's the deal with Reimer?

He is backing up tonight, but some reporter also tweeted that he has a brace on his knee. Is he 100%? Last thing we need is him getting injured again because he was rushed into the lineup.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
What's the deal with Reimer?

He is backing up tonight, but some reporter also tweeted that he has a brace on his knee. Is he 100%? Last thing we need is him getting injured again because he was rushed into the lineup.

A lot of players play with a brace after coming back from an injury. Helps stabilize the knee so he can build strength and flexibility.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Alright enough of this nonsense of what the Habs fans are saying on THEIR GDT. If you don't like it, don't go over there. I'm not posting another warning so I don't want to hear "I didn't know"

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Reimer's brace doesn't mean much to me. I sprained my knee and was advised to wear one even when fully healthy. Just precautionary for a couple of weeks. Maybe shorter.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
This is a pretty important game for us to stay with the best of the Northeast.

Hopefully Scrivens can give us a good game. Wish Frattin/Reimer were back.

Is Orr confirmed in tonight?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Great to see Reimer backing up tonight. Means he's ready to play, but they're giving Scrivens the start because he's played solid on most nights.

Depending on how Scrivens plays tonight will likely dictate who starts tomorrow on Long Island. Three days off after tomorrow, so they can play back to back starts for Scrivens if they feel he deserves another start. That gives Reimer an extra three day rest too. We'll see.

It's nice to have two goalies playing well.

I'm willing to bet that Scrivens won't be playing tomorrow even if he gets a shutout tonight. RC already hinted that Reimer and Frattin could be available for Thursday's game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Would be nice to get a win tonight and then have Reimer and Frattin back tomorrow.

We have done well against Montreal so far this year, but they are 1st in the East for a reason

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
I'm willing to bet that Scrivens won't be playing tomorrow even if he gets a shutout tonight. RC already hinted that Reimer and Frattin could be available for Thursday's game.

I'm not so sure. I think they'll look at tonight's game simply because they don't play Fri/Sat/Sun. But, barring a great performance from Scrivens (not out of the question), I think it's definitely Reimer tomorrow.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Dion needs to be on the right side on the PP tonight.. Right at the circle. Not the left side where he can't use his shot.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
We might be able to get a quick start on them, the team was out at a club I was at last night partying with their fans. Check it out:

smurfs.jpg

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
It's still puzzling to me how their bum team is winning any games. Horrible offensive depth. No defensive depth past Markov and Subban. I guess they can trap trap trap with Price back there but still. Truly a bum team. I expect them to fade quickly down the stretch.

iArts

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 3, 2010
Toronto,ON,Canada
If we can pull off wins today and tomorrow, we can be in a REALLY good spot.

We embarrassed the Habs last time. Don't let them get up. Make them not look forward to playing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad