Post-Game Talk: We win 6-2...Yay?

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
All things considered this was the game we needed to have after that spat where we played like we had the Omicrons.

Very relieving to see Bertuzzi and Domi coming around , we need them to be soldiers for us when the post season starts. Whoever we get , it's going to be a battle.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Nice win, good time to heat up.

Matthews with goals in the last three games... Some should write an article explaining how that's a bad thing!

• Haha
Reactions: bax

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Nice win, good time to heat up.

Matthews with goals in the last three games... Some should write an article explaining how that's a bad thing!
Do you mean next 3 games because he has 1 goal in last 3 and 3 in last 9. Canes will be tough but Andy might give up 3 to his old buddy.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Great win.

Just a question. Slapshot into an empty net - disrespectful and against the code

Loading up a PP late in a 6-1 game is ok? Not against the code

Just wondering if the fans that were whining about what Greig did would be doing the same if the other team loaded up the PP late in a blowout

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Pure dominance from start to finish there was not one second of that game where I thought they were going to lose, in fact after the 1st period I didn't think Philadelphia was going to score let alone win.

Holy shit was Philadelphia dominated 5 on 5.

I think 6-2 flatters Philadelphia this could have been 10-2 easily.

Short handed goal aside they were great.

I do wish Keefe would have left out the top PP unit, that short handed goal doesn't happen if he does.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Great win.

Just a question. Slapshot into an empty net - disrespectful and against the code

Just wondering if the fans that were whining about what Greig did would be doing the same if the other team loaded up the PP late in a blowout
You don't think Philly is going to come out swinging next game in response? Especially with Torts back.

The Leafs won't face Ottawa again for 6 months , Philly has us next week. Big difference in scenarios especially since what Greig did was completely clown shit.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Keefe missed an opportunity to galvanize his room further and have their backs.

I would loved to hear a spicy quote about not giving a flying f*** about Philly or their coaches thoughts. Then, finished with it looks like they should be more concerned with their crappy effort and we can’t wait until our rematch in a few days.
No reason not to be honest. He understood why they were upset, the Leafs just went through this unwritten code thing happening to them with in Ottawa.
I'm sure he doesn't want to be seen as a hypocrite.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Beside the PP at the end of the game, I really like how the team played. They were quick with the puck, finishes checks.

Keefe got to be more savage than that toward the end. If he came out and said, he wants to see how non PP players perform, thats cool. But why did he needed to explain himself to anyone?
It's weakness and it's a representation of the current state of the team. The guy should take a lesson from Torts and not give a shit what others think.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I like how our young guys like McMann and Holberg are getting more comfortable. With Yawncrock out for a while now, time for Robbie to step up.

Bert is also finding a nice groove.

No reason not to be honest. He understood why they were upset, the Leafs just went through this unwritten code thing happening to them with in Ottawa.
I'm sure he doesn't want to be seen as a hypocrite.

What happened? I only watched a part of the game.

Reactions: Jmo89 and aingefan

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Great win.

Our PP has been ass. Makes no sense to miss a practice session just to spare the Flyers feelings.

Slapping into an empty net has been a no-no since hockey was invented. Zero hockey etiquette and serves no purpose.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Great win.

Nope wouldn't give a f***, don't take the penalty, choose not to get blown out.

Last night the Flyers gave what I call a choose to lose effort.

That's when you don't even try, from start to finish you don't give a f***

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Great win.

A full windup slapper into an empty net is a taunt, putting the top PP unit out there is just trying to compete until the final whistle. Plus the top unit has sucked lately, they need all the practice they can get. I get why some people might not like it, but it's perfectly within the spirit of competition in the most competitive league in the world. You could just as easily say that putting Reaves out on the PP is an even bigger insult

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Any news on Jarmkrok injury?
"It looks like he’s going to miss some time," Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe said after the game. "We’re not going to know the extent fully until we get back home."

So we won't know until later today at best.... and that's if they are even open about it, which often isn't the case.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I like how our young guys like McMann and Holberg are getting more comfortable. With Yawncrock out for a while now, time for Robbie to step up.

Bert is also finding a nice groove.

What happened? I only watched a part of the game.
Leafs had a late PP and started the top unit which upset the Flyers. Keefe explained that he only did it because of a short bench and other players being tired.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad