Post-Game Talk: We win 6-2...Yay?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Liljegren and Holmberg had great games. Jarnkrok injured potentially long-term again is not good though. Holmberg got some big minutes after he left the game and looked pretty damn good.

Hopefully Jarnkrok avoided serious injury. We don’t really need a Jarnkrok out and Robertson in situation during the playoff tuneup.

Reactions: horner

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I think Keefe putting out his garbage line for PP at the end was a seriously ridiculous and weak move. All because Philly cried. This is a competitive game. Not a game of frolic in the field and holds hands and sing ring around the rosie.

Oh and it also cost Samsanov in the stats department because of that weak move. Soft, weak and not what you want from a coach.
All the soft plays/unpreparedness seem to be a direct reflection on how keefe coaches this team.

Boston, tampa, Florida, ext all bury us in that moment and laugh in our faces. This is the difference with our leafs vs these teams - we always seem to try and position ourselves on the moral high ground, usually to our detriment. I thought it was in part of dubas’ message - I’m beginning to believe keefe is also a part of this issue.

I was excited (in part) to see keefe coach this team with Tre at the helm, but it seems to be more of the same from him. Short of a Stanley cup keefe needs to move on.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Hopefully Jarnkrok avoided serious injury.
That looked identical to when Dermott went into the boards

Hope not the same result because Dermott was out 4 weeks then needed surgery.

Keefe should have double shifted Matthews. Ended up with a shorty against. f*** Rocky “who the hell am I” Thompson

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So I hate when teams complain about the other team playing their top unit powerplay when they’re winning by a lot. It’s so soft. Millionaires want the other team to go easy on them because their feelings are being hurt by losing. If anything they should be mad when the team goes easy on them, shows how much of a joke they are that night.
What I hated was the Flyers scoring that short handed goal late in the game to make it 6-2 when an OBVIOUS infraction was MISSED, or LET GO, by the Refs !!!

Liljegren's leg was lifted by the Flyer's player making him fall over. An OBVIOUS trip if there ever was one !!! Final score should have been 6 -1 !!!​

Maybe coaches challenges should be open to missed infractions on goals scored too !!! Why should a finger touch of a puck call back a goal and NOT an OBVIOUS infraction ???

Also, why can opposing players push our Leaf players into the boards without it being called a penalty ???

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Flyers were terrible. Saturday should be a good test.
These games against mediocre teams aren't very exciting. I expect the leafs to play better against Carolina on Saturday, but as you say that game will be a much more real test for the leafs than games against buffalo, Montreal and Philadelphia.

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
Sammy was solid, lots of jump from the team so hopefully Flu has passed after all this time. I thought Marner was invisible but have to head over to the Marner thread to see how terrible he really was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad