Post-Game Talk: We win 6-2...Yay?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
You don't think Philly is going to come out swinging next game in response? Especially with Torts back.
I think the Flyers will beat Boston on Saturday because the Flyers' grinding style works better against Boston's lineup, but the Flyers match up really poorly against the Leafs so I don't think next week's game will be much different than last night's game.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I think the Flyers will beat Boston on Saturday because the Flyers' grinding style works better against Boston's lineup, but the Flyers match up really poorly against the Leafs so I don't think next week's game will be much different than last night's game.
No offence but after watching them last night, I think I am now going to bet it all on Boston Saturday night. If Torts can't get them to win the rematch next week, put a fork in them.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
No offence but after watching them last night, I think I am now going to bet it all on Boston Saturday night. If Torts can't get them to win the rematch next week, put a fork in them.
Yupp. They banked their most success before losing Carter Hart to the courts. I said at the time Torts was probably destroying trash cans after losing him because their entire identity was from the net out system play like Buffalo in the 90s.

Reactions: ToneDog

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
So I hate when teams complain about the other team playing their top unit powerplay when they’re winning by a lot. It’s so soft. Millionaires want the other team to go easy on them because their feelings are being hurt by losing. If anything they should be mad when the team goes easy on them, shows how much of a joke they are that night.

And then they go on to score a short handed goal. That was pretty cheap.

Don’t play your best players and let us score is pretty bush league

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Trust me, I don't think the Flyers are particularly good. It's more that the way they play is a better recipe for beating Boston. Toronto's skill is too much for the Flyers to handle, even without Marner.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
You don't think Philly is going to come out swinging next game in response? Especially with Torts back.

The Leafs won't face Ottawa again for 6 months , Philly has us next week. Big difference in scenarios especially since what Greig did was completely clown shit.
I loved what Greig did to be honest.
I also have no issue with putting out the top PP in that situation.
It’s pro sports

I was just curious why people pick and choose what they feel is acceptable and what isn’t.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I loved what Greig did to be honest.
I also have no issue with putting out the top PP in that situation.
It’s pro sports

I was just curious why people pick and choose what they feel is acceptable and what isn’t.
I'll venture a guess and say that 99% of fans think that what their favourite team does is fine, but what the other team does is not.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Special teams is going to be our downfall in the playoffs yet again, can't keep the puck out of the net on the PK and can't get a goal on the powerplay when needed.

Other then that, solid game for the buds.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Short bench, just had a bunch of unit 2 on the ice. But sure, be dramatic about it. They just thumped them and you're still bitching. Who gives a shit?
You don't seem to understand the point. What does having unit #2 on the ice prior to the penalty have to do with putting the A unit on the ice and then quickly changing them after the opposing teams coaches yelled at him?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Special teams is going to be our downfall in the playoffs yet again, can't keep the puck out of the net on the PK and can't get a goal on the powerplay when needed.

Other then that, solid game for the buds.
The Leafs have the 4th best power play in the league, .2% away from being second in the league. The power play won't be the issue.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Just wondering, did Philly have their 3rd best PK% unit in the league on against Reaves and co.? The game was out of reach, why not give the 2nd unit practice? See how silly this argument is. Keefe can play whoever he wants on the PP, one that has been struggling mightily lately. He doesn't have to explain himself to anyone....yet he did.

Reactions: Al14 and arso40

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I'll venture a guess and say that 99% of fans think that what their favourite team does is fine, but what the other team does is not.
This is what I was getting at in a roundabout way. There are literally a handful of posters that only post about corrupt reffing, other teams diving etc. The Leafs don’t do such things

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Pretty much a men against boys game all round .. da Flyers are done .. Isles will pass them at some point .. we need to get to 95 points very quickly so team does not get into choke mode with its core 4 .. a Boston matchup is our best chance .. i think we have a fighters chance in 6/7 games .. da bruins are deeper team but lack physical ability to push us around da ice now and their tenders will choke .. da Cats are a much tougher matchup on D and G .. i am hoping Tampa gets them round 1 as Vasi could steal da show and take them out .. but more likely is Tampa takes down rangers and then Carolina and meets Cats for eastern conference final

Reactions: Fogelhund

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Just wondering, did Philly have their 3rd best PK% unit in the league on against Reaves and co.? The game was out of reach, why not give them practice? See how silly this argument is. Keefe can play whoever he wants on the PP, one that has been struggling mightily lately. He doesn't have to explain himself to anyone....yet he did.
Yeah I don’t get it. This is pro sports, if you don’t like losing 6-1, than play better. If they want to put their top PP on in a blowout game, than go right ahead and don’t apologize for it.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5 and bax

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I remember when Zeke and Deke use to tell us the same thing every year.

I'm at least encouraged that Keefe has moved Tavares off the top unit and put Bertuzzi there .. has added a different element.

But hey knowing Keefe he'll prematurely put JT back up there when they hit a bump in the road.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm at least encouraged that Keefe has moved Tavares off the top unit and put Bertuzzi there .. has added a different element.

But hey knowing Keefe he'll prematurely put JT back up there when they hit a bump in the road.
Bertuzzi has looked great lately. I think we'll see him remain on PP1 and with Matthews and Marner the rest of the season.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Solid win ....Philly isnt in the same league as us IMHO ....this could of been a bigger blowout IMHO

I thought Holmberg played fast......he is improving and really helps the bottom six.

I thought are D core was solid also. I still wish Benoit could get in the lineup. I dont want to replace Lilly.

Reaves is a waste for me....His skating is horrendous and he seems to have no clue whats going on the ice especially on the defensive side.

Hopefully Knies steps up after scoring....he needed the confidence.

For a team that gets crapped on alot and its always doom and gloom.....were right there as a contender. Another solid season once again....

Reactions: arso40

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Great win.

Just a question. Slapshot into an empty net - disrespectful and against the code

Loading up a PP late in a 6-1 game is ok? Not against the code

Just wondering if the fans that were whining about what Greig did would be doing the same if the other team loaded up the PP late in a blowout

I feel the same. If Greig was disrespectful and Rielly was right to take offense, then loading up the powerplay was disrespectful and Philly was right to take offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00