Post-Game Talk: We win 6-2...Yay?

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
What I hated was the Flyers scoring that short handed goal late in the game to make it 6-2 when an OBVIOUS infraction was MISSED, or LET GO, by the Refs !!!

Liljegren's leg was lifted by the Flyer's player making him fall over. An OBVIOUS trip if there ever was one !!! Final score should have been 6 -1 !!!​

Maybe coaches challenges should be open to missed infractions on goals scored too !!! Why should a finger touch of a puck call back a goal and NOT an OBVIOUS infraction ???

Also, why can opposing players push our Leaf players into the boards without it being called a penalty ???
Maybe he shouldn’t have made a soft af play on the Flyer and buried him instead of going for the flyby stick check that keeps him from being a better player.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
His answer should be:

Our goal is to compete and win every game. We are gearing up for a tough playoff series and need to establish consistency on our top power play. I see no problem with the top unit on the ice at that stage of the game.
Or....

Bettman wants a Clown League with no respect. We didn't make it this way. We got screwed by it. Now, we're just operating in it. The code is gone. Go complain to the league office. You're lucky we didn't pull Samsonov.

Reactions: OddyOh

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Beside the PP at the end of the game, I really like how the team played. They were quick with the puck, finishes checks.

Keefe got to be more savage than that toward the end. If he came out and said, he wants to see how non PP players perform, thats cool. But why did he needed to explain himself to anyone?

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Keefe missed an opportunity to galvanize his room further and have their backs.

I would loved to hear a spicy quote about not giving a flying f*** about Philly or their coaches thoughts. Then, finished with it looks like they should be more concerned with their crappy effort and we can’t wait until our rematch in a few days.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I wish Keefe would have been more pragmatic, would make the next game a lot more entertaining
Soft answer.

You wanna be the top dog? Act like it.
My dream response:

If any team in the NHL, the top professional league in the WORLD, complains about us piling on or playing our best guys in a game we've already won?

They can go back to junior and suck it.

This is a big boy league - put on your big boy pants and get on with it.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I am still confused why Philly tried to score a short-handed goal, after whining about the Leafs using the top guys on the PP. Just dump it in and save your energy for the Bruins.

Reactions: Al14

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I think Keefe being diplomatic is a clever strategy considering we play these guys again in a couple of days. No need to add fuel to the fire.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I think Keefe being diplomatic is a clever strategy considering we play these guys again in a couple of days. No need to add fuel to the fire.
Or have one of their guys all pissed off because your coach is bordering on berserk and chops Matthews across the wrist, thumb, ankle...you get the picture.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Jankrok is a good player. Our team lacks in 2 way forwards and PKers overall, so he's an important player.
I've always liked Jarnkrok from back in his Predator days, solid 3w, he can chip in and seems to put some pride in his defense. Positive player mostly, always shows up and never seems to have a bad game, at a very good number.

Reactions: Mr_Fun and 1specter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad