Post-Game Talk: We win 6-2...Yay?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Fire Keefe. We have enough soft on the ice, don't need it behind the bench. Imagine if the other staff was yelling at Quinn or Burns to change the PP unit. No chance in hell they sit there and take it and then pull the PP unit.

6-2 win and you are worked up about that. It’s almost like you are looking for a reason to complain.

Jeez, team played very well, missing Marner and Jarnkrok for part of the game, had contributions from every line and the goaltending was very good.

But this guy can only complain.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Flyers are also in the 3rd playoff spot. No slouch of a team.

What was nice to see was ;

1) A heavier tougher team in the flyers, was nuetralized most likely due to us being alot heavier on the backend.

2) Boosh very noticeable. Steady Edmundson and Dewar. Less bullying Leafs off pucks.

3) We had a huge game from all of our lines and Yes 34 and 88 had the impact plays.
And wow Bert was a star.

What was horrible was Keefe.
That kindergarten play can cost you when it counts.
Even if you dont score... your top guys can cycle the puck ovver and over again and make the PK on the flyers tire and less effective.

Its a war. And he took a foot off the neck.

Weak Move by Keefe...

Could've been someone crashing/speeding into Sammy. Thats how Woll got hurt.

Hope he learns from this

WEAK WEAK WEAK from our leader behind the bench.

Handshake Keefe made an appearance tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Fire Keefe. We have enough soft on the ice, don't need it behind the bench. Imagine if the other staff was yelling at Quinn or Burns to change the PP unit. No chance in hell they sit there and take it and then pull the PP unit.

No team with a spine and a set between the legs would.

Ask yourself is Boston, Florida, Colorado, Vegas would. NEVER

Keefe needs to feel this heat for this one.

HANDSHAKE KEEFE made a surprise appearance

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
6-2 win and you are worked up about that. It’s almost like you are looking for a reason to complain.

Jeez, team played very well, missing Marner and Jarnkrok for part of the game, had contributions from every line and the goaltending was very good.

But this guy can only complain.
Did you see any compliant regarding the teams performance? No, that's because the team played very well tonight. Do you think the on ice performance had anything to do with Keefe? Keefe can only control the lineup decisions, ice-time and his own actions behind the bench, he looked weak by doing what he did. You can accept that if you want, I want better from the organization, competing for a Stanley Cup is what matters.

Reactions: Cleetus

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I don't know, maybe I'm a dinosaur, but when I played competitive sports, I played the same way start to finish. I didn't want teams to start taking it easy on us when we were getting blown out and I never started taking it easy on teams who we were killing. Honestly, I'd be embarrassed if my coach ever implied the other team are being dicks for trying to score goals. You don't have to play with a "run up the score mentality", just keep doing what you were doing.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
RIght, Keefe sucks, has no idea what he's doing. There is no way we can win with such a lineup.

Never ending stupidity right... bad coaching...
How does

"We got a big chance to win anyway, but its lower then it could be. And that is just bad coaching " in your mind translate to "There is no way we can win with such a lineup."???

I predicted 6-3 leafs(you can look that up if u want).

Still think he put the worst combinations he could out there. But i am happy we won as predicted and that Bert got a goal.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Nice win.

Only better would have been to see Torts lose it and Hathaway get his face beat by Reaves. Philly coach with the belt buckle neck tie (???) can take a lap. Fully support putting in PP1 when the losing team is taking runs at you.

Last edited:

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
That really pissed me off. But we always knew Mr “Respect in the handshake line” had some Beta in him.

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
I think Keefe putting out his garbage line for PP at the end was a seriously ridiculous and weak move. All because Philly cried. This is a competitive game. Not a game of frolic in the field and holds hands and sing ring around the rosie.

Oh and it also cost Samsanov in the stats department because of that weak move. Soft, weak and not what you want from a coach.

Reactions: OddyOh and Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad