Post-Game Talk: We were due for a loss. But the soul still burns

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Great game by Pate. KC, JR and Frenchy were pretty good too. Thought Bucky had a good bounce-back game.

Fly has a pox on him.

Not sure what we were doing in our own end there.

PP sucked and swallowed.

Crappy night. It happens.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
That Laine blast wow!

Then the effort by Roslo on KCon goal.

Jets haven't lost of awhile in regulation. It's too bad it was against the BLUES.

Hindsight:

i think the line at least to start the match.
As good as our boy Schiefele is, He was out 6 weeks, he will take a while.
I think that was on a coach, even as good as he is on home games.
He said it might take 1 shift or longer. He gambled on it and it cost ( not as whole though ) the team.

Laine Wheeler Roslovic
Perrault Little Ehlers
Connor Schiefele Armia
Dano Copp Petan.

On to the next one!!!! CAN'T WIN THEM ALL. Let's sweep the BLUES in the 1st round... ;)

GO JETS GO!!

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
That Laine slapper tho.

First regulation loss since mid December wow didn't realize it had been that long.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Turned the game off half way through the first.

Myers is so bad. Trade him please.

Wheeler awful tonight.
I mean Myers was bad in this game.
But he's been one of the best in plenty of others.

Nothing for you personally but this is what is wrong in the internet. People have weird opinions and they spread it like cancer. Me included.
Makes me wanna give up on life and move to my cabin. Live there and watch whats up with squirrels.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I really don't think Buff should be the the player that tries to get the puck into the zone in PP1, as he might be the worst guy in the team to do that. We wasted couple of power plays just because of that. It's more like a rule with Buff and not an exception. Myers had his worse game defensively, but otherwise he could really show Buff how to do things in PP.

This game was lost because Blues were so strong on the boards and Jets were careless. The first goal was a good example, where Wheeler gave a sloppy pass in between Myers and Morrissey, and then Morrissey did not return that puck immediately to Myers as he definitely should have done, and the rest is history. Other plays were not that clear mistakes from Jets side, but still a bit weak board play against excellent board play by the Blues.

Giving that many easy goals is not acceptable, and everyone knows that. I expect a strong bounce back at Sunday.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
That ice was terrible btw. Not blaming it for the loss or anything but I don't think I've ever seen the puck bounce around like that.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well f*** i hate losing , it's been so rare this season , especially at home , you forget all the losing we were used to the last few years . Lots of bad players last night so not going to bother signalling out anyone , the Blues needed this game and they played it like a playoff game and the Jets didn't . The Jets have to come out flying next game , put the boots to the Rangers .

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts...

LSW - Terrible game for this line. They even got dominated by the Thorbs line when Maurice tried to free them up a bit. Scheifele looked rusty, but you can cut him some slack for a lengthy absence. Wheeler was awful. Weak in his own zone, careless in the offensive zone. Laine had an okay game, but was better when separated from the "big two".

PLE - Just didn't have anything going. Little was too slow. Perreault was ineffective due to size mismatches with the Blues' D. Ehlers was okay.

CCA - Copp continues to get great scoring chances, but he has to bury a few of those. Great game for Connor. One of the few forwards that looked dangerous. Armia was bleh.

DPR - Another really strong game for Roslovic. Clearly belongs in the NHL. Petan showed why he's having a hard time staying in the NHL on the Blues' 3rd goal. Weak play at the blue line for a failed zone exit, then loses his man to the net, who scores. You can't do that in the NHL. Dano is trying hard, but just doesn't seem to get where he needs to be quickly enough.

39-33 Decent game for Buff. Seemed engaged and physical. Enstrom was fine.

44-57 Myers was an absolute tire fire. Sloppy, slow and stupid. Hard to judge Morrissey paired with Myers last night.

7-5 They were fine. Chiarot has been better than I expected, and Kulikov is solid.

Hellebuyck was just okay. Nothing special.

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
I mean Myers was bad in this game.
But he's been one of the best in plenty of others.

Nothing for you personally but this is what is wrong in the internet. People have weird opinions and they spread it like cancer. Me included.
Makes me wanna give up on life and move to my cabin. Live there and watch whats up with squirrels.
That sounds fun actually. You could give your phone to those squirrels and ask them to look tje internet how the Jets are doing. If they just remember where they have hidden it... the phone, not the internet.

Woke up just in time to see the 3rd. Guess I didn't miss much. Was thinking that judging by that period I would've said that Laine was on fire amd Wheeler a tire fire. Guess that's not far from truth for what I've read here.
Oh well, on to next one.

Reactions: jesui

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
I've noticed how a important player comes back(schiefele) in this case and the rest of the team goes out of sync expecting more from55 than ha can deliver. Note for PMo.....55 did not look gook before he left and still doesn't.
Berglund killed us in our zone.....where's Lowry when you need him.
Myers is still one of the best 3rd pairing d in the league more a case of Morrissey needing Trouba.
Good news is that coach ices a more determined group next game and has all year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Jets should have had everything going for them, instead they turned out flat.

Really weak game, hopefully they step up next time.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Jets should have had everything going for them, instead they turned out flat.

Really weak game, hopefully they step up next time.
These things happen.
4th loss in regulation at home? Not to shabby.
Onwards

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Normally I'm ok with the occasional stinker, but this division won't allow it.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I hate the Blues so much. They're probably the Central Division team I hate the most. They clutch and grab so much, they clog up the neutral zone, and they ****ing hit everything that walks. Easily the least favourite team I see the Jets play.

In a game such as this when the Blues are playing the clutch and grab style and clogging up the neutral zone, the Jets should just do the same. Obviously when St. Louis is playing that way, they are just waiting to take advantage of mistakes and breakdowns by the Jets in order to get scoring opportunities against us. Maybe in circumstances like this the Jets should throw offense out the window and just play for the tie and at least get 1 point out of the game and maybe get the chance for 2 points in OT or a shootout.

:jets

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Outworked, outplayed, outskilled, out-efforted and whatnot.

Some thoughts:

LSW: Might as well replace the abbreviation with WTF - they were abysmal. I'll cut them some slack due to Scheifele being rusty and Wheeler probably having some issues with transitioning back to RW, though. Laine had a poor game before the line change, but was much better afterwards.

PLE: The Blues knew exactly how to take away Ehlers' strengths, and that was all she wrote for him. Perreault had a lot of trouble with the opposition's defensemen - he was not nearly as good along the boards and in puck battles as he usually is. Little was all kinds of invisible. I would not say they were bad, but they definitely did not get much going either. ELL worked surprisingly well, which I do find encouraging.

CCA: Connor was by far our best forward. In a game where most Jets looked either invisible or bad, 81 actually created great chances and was a positive Corsi player (scoring is also a positive). Copp was decent, but FFS, was it frustrating to see him cough up two incredible opportunities to score. Armia was meh.

DPR: Roslovic continues to impress; the first goal was all him, and his 200 foot game is at least passable. Petan and Dano were there. I think. Not much to say about either one, if we exclude the profanities I would love to scream in Nic's ear due to his horseshit play on the third Blues goal.

44-57: Myers with possibly the worst individual performance of 2018. Seriously, NOTHING positive to be said about his night. In the games Trouba has missed, it has become more and more evident that Myers is unable to carry the workload of a top pairing defenseman. As for Morrissey, I won't say anything; Myers dragged him down, but it's not like he was a superhero whose valiant efforts saved us.

39-33: Buff was great, Enstrom was OK. Buff contributed quite nicely in the offensive zone and was one of the very few Jets who had an answer to the Blues' physicality.

7-5: Could have been worse.

37: Not the greatest of nights, but to be fair, it's not like the team in front of him gave him much support.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I can understand Scheif being rusty, I will cut him some slack there, but the lazy changes just burn me.....and it's always been that way with him. Just a really bad habit. I can't believe in this era, there are still guys who glide the entire length of the ice watching the play go by, while his replacement is on the boards waiting to get in the play.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
That's exactly what I'm saying. Instead of waiting for three periods of that, he shuffled it up. He saw that we were in trouble.

It was a **** effort, but Maurice is the one who tried to save that mess.

Btw, the ice in Winnipeg is ****.
Agree with you, I thought PoMo reacted well to what was going on.

Your comment on the bad ice; how is it even possible to have bad ice in a city that has been making hockey ice for a hundred years.? Did they hire a bartender from some tropical resort that had a resume that stated “knows how to make ice” as the ice maker?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I can understand Scheif being rusty, I will cut him some slack there, but the lazy changes just burn me.....and it's always been that way with him. Just a really bad habit. I can't believe in this era, there are still guys who glide the entire length of the ice watching the play go by, while his replacement is on the boards waiting to get in the play.
Agree with you about line changes , i hate when they just glide back to the bench . The worst one is Wheeler , he almost always does this , i guess they aren't worried about a too many men penalty . :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad