Post-Game Talk: We were due for a loss. But the soul still burns

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Kinda hoped that he would of just lefted them together, nothing was really going right with any other line maybe they would of been that spark, Dano needs a change of scenery.

He seems to be one of those players who regularly needs a change of scenery. A sort of Littlest Hobo of the NHL. Or the new LeeStemp, minus the transformative scoring.

Reactions: sipowicz

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Blues game was beyond horrible to watch.

The Blues always play a very boring defensive game clogging up the neutral zone and always having 3 to 4 of their players standing in front of their own net.

Watching the Jets play either St Louis or Washington are always guaranteed to be shitty games.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Those were some of their best shifts of the game. Connor was good all game, and Roslo mostly so. Dano seemed off, though he sure is strong on his skates -- held his own against some pretty big Blues.

Marco Dano: "This player is fantastic at staying in the upright position"

:laugh:

Reactions: sipowicz

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

The Blues always play a very boring defensive game clogging up the neutral zone and always having 3 to 4 of their players standing in front of their own net.
Watching the Jets play either St Louis or Washington are always guaranteed to be ****ty games.
Minnesota games are right up there.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
The Blues play their style because it is effective for them. I love watching Blues / Jets games because it is like a preview to the playoffs. To be successful in the playoffs, we are going to need to be able to beat teams that play the Blues' style as well. So suck it up, boys. Be willing to get hit along the boards and in the corners. Be willing to take a beating in front of the net. Yes, Trouba / Lowry will help. But everyone is going to need to be ready for physical games. Get ready for (not so) subtle clutch and grab and interference/pics. But when it is called, we have to take advantage of the powerplays. This is where Wheeler is weak - he is a disaster on the half wall when pressured. He is only effective on the pplay against teams that play the Jets style of PK. Most teams know it by now. Pressure Wheeler when Jets are on the pplay - he will cough it up.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Watching the Jets play either St Louis or Washington are always guaranteed to be ****ty games.
Most of the good teams are great at the "pick play". St Louis does it, VGK does it the best. We don't do it much(imo)..........so hopefully they start cracking down.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011

I hate the way teams like the Blues play but it wouldn’t have been so awful to watch if the Jets had been a bit more engaged physically. They did manage to make it a game in the third until that dagger 4th St. Louis goal.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Funny how we were great last season against the Central , this year not so much . We are a better team this year , it's weird . :huh:

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
---

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-10_11-5-8.png
    upload_2018-2-10_11-5-8.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 12

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Trying hard to erase this game from my memory -
I look forward to the return of our missing bottom 6 - Tanev, Lowry, and Hendricks.
We need these guys against Central teams - they bring the thump that was missing last night.
We had a really effective 3rd line that no longer exists
Our 4th line is too small - skilled yes, but they got run over last night.

Top 6 will work it out - Scheif is the key and he'll need some time. I'm not going to over think this one - we know this line works.
Not sure if Laine belongs on the 1st but I don't know where else to put him.
2nd line (PLE) needs to be left alone - they were good at one point and there is no reason to feel they won't get it back - streaky Ehlers is part of it.

If any one doubted Trouba's contribution, look no further than last night - The Mo / Troub pairing is a huge hole - they play very well together and make up for a few of the shortfalls in the remaining D.

Helle is coming back to earth - He's good but if we expect to reply on him to bale us out, we are about to learn a hard lesson.

Maurice is trying to put out the fire - I see no issue with how he is trying to manage the holes in our lineup.

Reactions: ERYX

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Trying hard to erase this game from my memory -
I look forward to the return of our missing bottom 6 - Tanev, Lowry, and Hendricks.
We need these guys against Central teams - they bring the thump that was missing last night.
We had a really effective 3rd line that no longer exists
Our 4th line is too small - skilled yes, but they got run over last night.

Top 6 will work it out - Scheif is the key and he'll need some time. I'm not going to over think this one - we know this line works.
Not sure if Laine belongs on the 1st but I don't know where else to put him.
2nd line (PLE) needs to be left alone - they were good at one point and there is no reason to feel they won't get it back - streaky Ehlers is part of it.

If any one doubted Trouba's contribution, look no further than last night - The Mo / Troub pairing is a huge hole - they play very well together and make up for a few of the shortfalls in the remaining D.

Helle is coming back to earth - He's good but if we expect to reply on him to bale us out, we are about to learn a hard lesson.

Maurice is trying to put out the fire - I see no issue with how he is trying to manage the holes in our lineup.
Should they switch Laine and Connor and go back with CSW or RSW? How did Nic Petan play last night? Does he look like he is going to replace Dano? Tanev?

Reactions: Gotaf7

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

The game was horrible to watch because the Jets were horrible. It was a ****show.

Hope they realize just how freaking bad they were and use it as a wake up call.

There may have been 1-2 Jets with good games but I have no interest in finding silver linings in that dung heap.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015
I find it strange how 3 guys, 2 of which are AHL caliber, and one very borderline 3rd liner (Tanev, Hendricks and Lowry respectively) make a difference between a winner and loser. Hendricks couldn't even cut it on a lousy Oilers team!

It's coaching, when you have skilled players who have been on a roll, like Roslovic and Petan, a good coach plays them. Other teams have younger, smaller guys and let them play and yet the excuse Jets make is that they get rolled over! Instead Maurice continues to reward veteran non-performers with more icetime while stapling young guys to the bench with 6 minutes of ice time.

Sorry, with this coaching, the Jets are capped at a 1st round exit at best.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The first line change this team needs is promoting Buff to play with Morrissey and bumping Myers down. It is quite evident that Myers is not suited to a top pairing role.

Also, this one came out, and to the surprise of nobody, it is a brutal sight to see.

matchups-2018-02-09-2017020840-STLatWPG.png

*looks at the new first unit*
*sad trombone sounds*

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Had to witness that shit show in person. Can single out a lot of poor players but for the most part the whole team was one step behind the Blues all night, way too slow in their movements and reads. St. Louis played a perfect game for a team on the second of a b2b, but the Jets did little to try and force the issue or dictate the game. So much wrong all you can chalk it up to is an off night, which is an indictment on the leadership imo, no way you should come up with an effort like that against a divisional rival in February, om 3 days rest.....at home. Rink was like a morgue all night, fed off the energy of the team I guess.

Myers big minutes showing against the Blues, he's not good enough to do it game in game out, 4th goal was all him, terrible turnover.
Wheeler simply awful, brain dead with the puck all night. Killed the PP regularly by isolating himself and forcing a play he painted himself into.

Chef clearly rusty, completely out of sync.

Morrissey's gaps were uncharacteristically bad last night, especially on the PP. Really miss Trouba on the PK when denying entry, he's the best at it.

Needed Lowry desperately last night.

Just a whole lot of average from pretty much everyone. I'm confident it won't continue, they haven't let that happen all year, doubt they're going to start now.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I find it strange how 3 guys, 2 of which are AHL caliber, and one very borderline 3rd liner (Tanev, Hendricks and Lowry respectively) make a difference between a winner and loser. Hendricks couldn't even cut it on a lousy Oilers team!

It's coaching, when you have skilled players who have been on a roll, like Roslovic and Petan, a good coach plays them. Other teams have younger, smaller guys and let them play and yet the excuse Jets make is that they get rolled over! Instead Maurice continues to reward veteran non-performers with more icetime while stapling young guys to the bench with 6 minutes of ice time.

Sorry, with this coaching, the Jets are capped at a 1st round exit at best.
I feel like I'm reading avgard. Tanev is AHL Caliber? Lowry is borderline? Lowry should be in the running for a Selke. Have you been following the Jets at all? The Jets having been winning all season with those guys and Jets are one of the top teams in the league. Yes Roslo is great. But the verdict on Petan is still out.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Myers wasn't able to move the puck at all. But that 4th goal should have never happened when Stastny was grabbing and hooking Myers hardcore. If Myers goes down like a sack if potatoes then it's a call.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I feel like I'm reading avgard. Tanev is AHL Caliber? Lowry is borderline? Lowry should be in the running for a Selke. Have you been following the Jets at all? The Jets having been winning all season with those guys and Jets are one of the top teams in the league. Yes Roslo is great. But the verdict on Petan is still out.
Sigh.............I like to think I was an elite HF hyperbolist at one time. I can't compete against these guys anymore, its gone to a new level. :wally:

Reactions: kanadalainen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad