Post-Game Talk: We were due for a loss. But the soul still burns

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I love Wheeler so much but this was the worst game I’ve seen him play. That last play... just wow. He cost us two goals against tonight. And what was Myers doing? Scheifele totally off but that’s expected, he was gone for a long time. What happened to Wheeler tonight, after such a good stint at center? He even shot the puck out from the net after his first snafu, was clearly frustrated.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Maurice was excellent in breaking up those lines.

Those lines were going nowhere. It completely messed up the playbook for the Blues. We were so close to being back in the game.

Reactions: Kgame and Psych0dad

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
seems anytime a key player comes back that team losses .... balance.

plus he came back to soon

Well I think its psychological to some extent. When Scheifele went down they all picked up some slack, he comes back and they relax a bit. Not that surprising that we have had a few off games, the team was due a bit of a slump. I'd rather work through it now then right before the playoffs.

Reactions: Johnny HFBOARDS

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Blues just picked us apart. It seemed like they had a few meetings on how to get to us. Maniacal first period that they could not keep up. Our own mistakes were our downfall.

LSW was nervous. Just think of the expectations on those guys. Not an easy situation.

Maurice was brilliant. He recognized the situation and almost got us back in the game.

Plus we got the meanest Laine slapper we have ever seen.

We are not the only good team in the league.

Roslo also brilliant. Armia brilliant.

Maurice is brilliant in a game where we had our asses handed to us and were completely dominated for the entire first period? You can thank scoring effects for the third period.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Not sure how u can blame maurice or helle when we had 12 shots through 2. I guess maurice takes some blame for breaking up lines a bit to quickly tho
I wasn't talking about just tonight, Duh! We have the most talented team in the league right now with a horrible coach and a great goalkeeper but we have no backup.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I wasn't talking about just tonight, Duh! We have the most talented team in the league right now with a horrible coach and a great goalkeeper but we have no backup.

I dunno. We are good but we arent boston or tampa or vegas or even Nashville. Jets are pretty good tho so... Yeah... Kind of a weird argument to make in my opinion.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
We looked really disorganized tonight - nothing clicking.
We really need our heavy 3rd line back along with Tanev and Hendricks (yes,I said it) - there was consistency across the lines and it's been missing big time lately (not just tonight)
If we were healthy, the 1st line would be my only concern - and that may come around if wheeler gets his act together and Scheif gets back into game shape. No chemistry between Wheels and Scheif tonight and they need to get that back on track down the back stretch.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Maurice is brilliant in a game where we had our asses handed to us and were completely dominated for the entire first period? You can thank scoring effects for the third period.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Instead of waiting for three periods of that, he shuffled it up. He saw that we were in trouble.

It was a **** effort, but Maurice is the one who tried to save that mess.

Btw, the ice in Winnipeg is ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad