Post-Game Talk: We were due for a loss. But the soul still burns

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Please don’t let this happen in April. Learn from it, move on, no need to overreact from a regulation loss

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Yes. He recognized the needs and reacted quickly. Good on him

I also agree -
I didn't recognize this team tonight - in fact, they didn't look like a team. Maurice was throwing out all kinds of combinations hoping for the best - his post game comments pretty well summed it up.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Who is a better playoff opponent for the Jets to beat. Stars or Blues?

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Tough lost. Needed that win against the BLUES.

Need to bounce back now. Sweep the rest of the home stand.

It was a rather disappointing loss. I believe it hurt the Jets having Scheifele back in the lineup because they probably went into the game thinking things would be easier now that he was back. I'm glad he's back but I wish they would have put in a much better effort. There is no way St. Louis should have looked that much better than the Jets when it was the Blues second game in 2 nights while the Jets were off since Tuesday. Even 1 point tonight would have been nice but it sucks to get nothing on home ice and lose to a team in our division. Now St. Louis is only 2 points back of Winnipeg. The standings can change awful quickly in the Central. I sure hope the Jets come out flying on Sunday.

:jets

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I hate the Blues so much. They're probably the Central Division team I hate the most. They clutch and grab so much, they clog up the neutral zone, and they f***ing hit everything that walks. Easily the least favourite team I see the Jets play.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Nice to see the Jets get up for a game against your division rival coming in on a back to back! (sarcasm)

Helly second weak game in a row, didn't make saves you need for a team to win!

Schief overplayed in his first game back, rusty as heck.

Connor, Petan and Roslo play a good shift and score, why keep that together huh Mo!?!

Dano all but useless, sorry but he isn't an NHL level player despite what some think!

Myers and Morrissey rough night

Enstrom in tough as usual against a big physical team, would rather have seen Poolman in his place tonight!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ehlers, Armia and Perreault really have cooled off in the goal scoring dept.

Remember when Copp used to chip in the occasional goal....now it's never! With Lowry and Tanev back i'd keep Roslo in the lineup over Copp!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Blues just picked us apart. It seemed like they had a few meetings on how to get to us. Maniacal first period that they could not keep up. Our own mistakes were our downfall.

LSW was nervous. Just think of the expectations on those guys. Not an easy situation.

Maurice was brilliant. He recognized the situation and almost got us back in the game.

Plus we got the meanest Laine slapper we have ever seen.

We are not the only good team in the league.

Roslo also brilliant. Armia brilliant.

I have no crocodile tears for this loss...

We were due for a loss...

Maybe our Winnipeg Jets players accept this song Crocodile Tears as their losing theme song so they get angry enough to not lose again... especially in the playoffs...

I guess that's why they call it the blues...

In Quebec their licenses plates say Je Me Souviens which in English means I remember...

Have faith....

Keep The Faith...

Last edited by a moderator:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I was at this one. Not much to add -- some soft D, and Helle looked off with his puck-tracking and reactions tonight. Perrault was an absolute maniac, some great work from the 4th line and Laine was strong most of the game, I thought -- using his size and reach, passing and of course that shot. He was basically a one-man PP on that goal.

Said this before the game -- thought 55 should have played down the lineup once it was clear he was off the pace, and switched Buff for Myers. The Blues ran picks and interference all night long, clogged the lanes, and counterpunched, but a Helle on top of his game doesn't let in goals 1 and 4, despite being hung out to dry more than once. Looked like Pavs at time, miles out of position. That 4th goal was a killer -- could feel the air go out of the building.

This team needs to skate and be aggressive to be successful, in all 3 zones. They need Lowry and Good Trouba back and Tanev too, and until then they need to clone MP85 or let him run masterclasses, with Armia as his assistant.

Chairot was solid for the most part, I thought, laid out some good hits and made generally smart, safe plays. Buff had a strong game and was clearly frustrated on the PP. They need to slot someone in there in Wheeler's place. Would be great if they had a shifty LHS with great vision and passing who has dominated on the half-wall with the Moose to slot in there. Maybe someday they'll find such a player.

Thought Petan had another strong game -- looking more like Perrault in his angles of attack on the boards now, digging out pucks and getting rid of them quickly, and solid positioning on D. The first goal doesn't happen without his rush from the hashmarks and he laid on some great passes for Dano to muff. Ehlers and Little had their moments, and I got some mini sticks at 1/2 price for my kid. So there's that. Yay game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad