Post-Game Talk: We were due for a loss. But the soul still burns

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't see how you can expect to win with like 21 shots on the opponents net ?? The Jet's were not skating hard, and played with no intensity. Also to many one man shows trying to be heroes. We need to be averaging at least 32 to 35 shots per game, if we expect to win. Got to get it together.

Scheif did not look good to me -- more like an average player, and I hope he gets into form fast and starts producing. Where are all our goal scorers ?? Laine looked pretty good, but to bad Ehlers is in a slump, because we need his scoring.

Copp needs "target practice"-- he just cannot hit the net. He's a good defensive player, but should work on his shot.

Dano-- I don't know why they play him ??? I'd let him go if I was the Jets. I never see anything from the guy on the ice. Sort of useless as far as I'm concerned. I know there's a lot of good construction jobs opening up in the spring, and that be ideal for Marco.:laugh:

I also think we miss the play of Tanev, as the guy really hustles and gives 100 % of himself on the ice, and I think that inspires and motivates the team.

You can also notice the absence of Trouba, and I hope he's back soon, as he was playing great the last few games --"very dominant."

I also hope Helle doesn't return to last years form -- we need him to backstop the team, and win us some games. I hope Mason is back soon-- seems to motivate Helle.

I guess the good thing about all these injuries is we're seeing that Roslovic belongs on the team, and should not be sent back down.

Reactions: sipowicz

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Sigh.............I like to think I was an elite HF hyperbolist at one time. I can't compete against these guys anymore, its gone to a new level. :wally:

You'll always have last year's hyperbole. Think of it as a passing of the torch, and take pride in the inspiring of this next generation of catastrophists. Shine on, you crazy diamond!

Last edited:
Reactions: kanadalainen

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Can't believe how many times I saw a Jets player stop moving his feet last night. They were coasting and reaching the whole game, it's likely what bugged Maurice most. If they just correct that tomorrow they'll be hands down better.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Can't believe how many times I saw a Jets player stop moving his feet last night. They were coasting and reaching the whole game, it's likely what bugged Maurice most. If they just correct that tomorrow they'll be hands down better.
Completely agree

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

So, why do they do it? Why do they revert to behaviour that they know does not lead to success against a hard charging divisional rival? Were they mesmerized by the brilliance of the Blues? And if it bugged Maurice so much, why not correct that behaviour during the game? Can this team not adjust? Can they not clue in part way through a game? It's games like this that make me think playoffs will again be a short trip.

PS Maybe time to change your sig to #startplayingwellsoonchef. ;)

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
So, why do they do it? Why do they revert to behaviour that they know does not lead to success against a hard charging divisional rival? Were they mesmerized by the brilliance of the Blues? And if it bugged Maurice so much, why not correct that behaviour during the game? Can this team not adjust? Can they not clue in part way through a game? It's games like this that make me think playoffs will again be a short trip.

PS Maybe time to change your sig to #startplayingwellsoonchef. ;)
I think it's a maturity thing, there are still so many young players on this team and I think most of them still lack the ability to seize a game and decide to change the course of it on their own. What I mean by that is they still follow fot the most part, there is still an element of the younger players waiting and deferring to guys like Wheeler, Chef and Little to make something happen, even when its clear they aren't playing well. The Blues did a good job of sucking the life out of the first line, partly aided by a rusty Chef and a below average Wheeler, yet nobody else decided to try and flip the script or put their own will on the game. For the most part it was waiting around for the big boys to change the tide and bring everyone else with them, it never happened. That's where I think they miss Lowry, he has the ability and the presence to change the flow. I think to some extent Hendrcks can help that as well, but his play can be more of a detriment.

I think Maurice did try and change it, he flipped the lineup and tried to shake something loose, ultimately it's up to the players. Maurice isn't a rip em in the room kind of guy, the vets run the room, they handle the emotional level, he just tries to counter balance what the other team is throwing at them.

I think that's the next step for this team, is to have guys like Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Morrissey, etc, to be able to push their will on the game when guys like Wheeler and Chef are a bit off. I think they'll get there.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
This will never happen anyway but here goes:

Laine Scheifele Connor
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Perrault Copp Armia
Roslovic Hendricks Petan

Kyle Connor has the most goals of any jet 5v5, he has shown good chemistry with Scheifele and is a better fit with Patty then Ehlers.

I have rely liked Roslovic playing so far and in the future we will have some amazing lines when vets like perrault, little and wheeler have retired or been traded for powerplay dman with vision.

Future top six for me...

Laine Scheifele Connor

Ehlers Roslovic Armia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->