Post-Game Talk: We were due for a loss. But the soul still burns

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
In defence of MP, he was being interfered with all night and all-out tackled more than a few times and was still the Jets best forechecker by far. He’s one the players you really notice at a game as opposed to watching it, since he’s always moving and nearly always doing it ahead of the play. That’s something Laine, despite the flak he gets for his positional game, does incredibly well also (though at a different pace).

Think it was Corgis who commented on the Blues play style — they’re at least as painful a team to watch as Otttawa last year. Clutching, grabbing, constantly running picks — like watching Mourinho’s Chelsea. It’s negative hockey, and when the Jets began to press and play their high-speed creative game I actually began to breathe again. I get that it’s a Yeo system and it wins games, but it’s def no fun to watch.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Agree with you, I thought PoMo reacted well to what was going on.

Your comment on the bad ice; how is it even possible to have bad ice in a city that has been making hockey ice for a hundred years.? Did they hire a bartender from some tropical resort that had a resume that stated “knows how to make ice” as the ice maker?
Ya i have a hard time figuring that one out as well , players used to always say we had good ice in the old Winnipeg arena , technology eh .o_O

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
It was a horsecrap effort and an appropriate result. It's only one loss so the sky isn't falling, but it was a divisional loss against a team chasing us in the standings in our building where we were rested and they were back end of a b2b. The fact that we lost to the Blues is not really ok, buts it's only one game so it is actually ok - if you know what I mean. The fact that Jets werent ready and so few players showed up is what is more worrisome. Once the Blues started throwing their weight around, we seemed to cower and shrink away. The boys have a big adjustment ahead of them if they want to be successful in the playoffs. You are going to have to be willing to get hit. Many weren't last night.

Let's hope that our coaching staff has them better prepared and ready from the puck drop for the next one.

Reactions: sipowicz

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
We were flat for most of the game. Blues were aggressive on attacking our breakouts, and in the neutral zone, coupled that with our flatness made for a rough night.
We lost most puck battles, slow on the forecheck, second on puck races, off night all around.

Connor, Laine, Roslovic, Perreault and Chairot had decent games

Myers, Wheeler, Armia really bad, and Morrissey was bad as well.

Everyone else was meh.

It’s been 2 sub par games in a row now. They need to win on a Sunday, but also win playing better. We were noticeably slow, zero quickness last night. While the blues will do that to teams, I think our performance was more about us, than how they defended.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
It is always like this. We can go on a 20 game winning streak and then lose a game and the sky immediately starts to fall.

I guess we'll find out if the Jets ever go on a 20-game winning streak. How long do we have to wait?

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
There are some games when the puck handling just isn't there and it's painful to watch. But still almost got back into it. Next.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Didn’t see this game but saw the last few. Based on comments here and what I saw on previous ones it seems that Chiarot might be getting his stuff together, enough to be considered legit 6th D.

I’ve seen a lot of Laine games and that PP goal really reminded me of some of his dominant playoff goals 2 years ago. I believe his wrister first breaks a stick and then he takes a great spot and fires a brutal shot. Expecting highs and lows but I’m sure he’ll get things done come the playoffs.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We need Trouba back soon , just for the reason that it will take some minutes away from Myers . Alot of us agree to get the best out of Buff he can't play too many minutes , i think the same thing applies to Myers .

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I really hate blaming one or two players in a game like this where pretty much the whole team sucked.

We need Lowry, Tanev, and Hendricks back. Guys like this are good at shifting momentum, and playing a big team like the Blues you need some physical pushback.

Dano - he's simply not good enough. I reserve judgement on Petan as like I said above, I don't like placing blame in a game where everyone pretty much sucked.

Copp - dude has got to take advantage of his opportunities. Good thing he contributes in other ways.

That was a turd of a game to watch. Thank god I watched our Canadian boys perform really well in Slopestyle in PyeongChang after.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
We need Trouba back soon , just for the reason that it will take some minutes away from Myers . Alot of us agree to get the best out of Buff he can't play too many minutes , i think the same thing applies to Myers .
Agreed with Trouba, I think he is such a huge peice of our team...

Reactions: Kgame

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I don't think the Jets got the memo that there is no Olympic break this year. Two dreadful games in a row. If this continues tomorrow when we're in attendance, I might switch from booze to boos.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
We'll seen how the next few games go.....maybe I can continue my narrative of 6 weeks ago- re:55, 26 makes for a chemistry flaw. ;)

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Some thoughts:
LSW: Might as well replace the abbreviation with WTF - they were abysmal. I'll cut them some slack due to Scheifele being rusty .... Laine had a poor game before the line change, but was much better afterwards.
PLE:... Perreault had a lot of trouble with the opposition's defensemen ....
CCA: ......... Copp... frustrating to see him cough up two incredible opportunities to score......Armia was meh.
DPR: Roslovic continues to impress.... I would love to scream in Nic's ear due to his horse**** play on the third Blues goal.
39-33: ...Enstrom was OK. .

44-57: Myers with possibly the worst individual performance of 2018....... As for Morrissey, I won't say anything; Myers dragged him down...

Quick thoughts...
LSW - Terrible game for this line. They even got dominated by the Thorbs line when Maurice tried to free them up a bit. Scheifele looked rusty.......Laine had an okay game, but was better when separated from the "big two".
PLE -... Perreault was ineffective due to size mismatches with the Blues' D. Ehlers was okay.
CCA - Copp continues to get great scoring chances....... Armia was bleh.
DPR - Another really strong game for Roslovic...Petan showed why he's having a hard time staying in the NHL on the Blues' 3rd goal. Weak play at the blue line ....
39-33 ... Enstrom was fine.
44-57 Myers was an absolute tire fire.... Hard to judge Morrissey paired with Myers last night.

Are you two the same person....?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Are you two the same person....?

great-minds-think-alike.jpg

:nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
St Louis has played 2 more games and have two less points than us.....they are pretty much even with us and so is Nashville. These games are a coin toss and that is why 6 points every 5 games usually is enough. Last night they showed up and as Maurice said the Jets were horseshit...even then the game was 3-2 mid way into the 3rd period.

Turn the page and let’s show up vs the Rangers please.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
thankfully went out for drinks instead of seeing the game. only saw the, erm, highlights.
Myers looked pretty awful in his zone. wow. looked like he was to blame for 3 of the goals. poor zone play for 2 and couldn't easily clear the zone on the third.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Blues looked exactly like they always have. Making the game all about puck battles so they can use their size to slowly advance. It worked a couple times. And I think Helly will have wanted 2nd and 3rd back.

Oh well good news is Rangers look to have given up a week before we got to play them.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
They did play a couple of shifts together.
Dano was with Copp.
Then her reverted back.

Those were some of their best shifts of the game. Connor was good all game, and Roslo mostly so. Dano seemed off, though he sure is strong on his skates -- held his own against some pretty big Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->