We need a goalie..

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Me want............

Most awesomest goalie EVAR!

And I'll outbid anyone else. Just as long as his name his Solongo Roberto!

MrWangz

Jan 21, 2012
have fun with paying for an elite goalie when hes in his 40s and a slug and finding a way to pay both goalies

Haha why do you make it sound like luongo is untradeable?

Lets entertain your silly idea for a second... EVEN IF luongo was untradable, we still have 2 compliance buyouts.

It is clear you have absolutely no hockey knowledge.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Haha why do you make it sound like luongo is untradeable?

Lets entertain your silly idea for a second... EVEN IF luongo was untradable, we still have 2 compliance buyouts.

It is clear you have absolutely no hockey knowledge.

So your retort to Luongo is untradeable is we'll pay 8 figures to buy him out then watch him sign on the cheap elsewhere? You showed us!

Chaz McNulty

Mar 22, 2009
have fun with paying for an elite goalie when hes in his 40s and a slug and finding a way to pay both goalies

I know what you mean. It really sucks having to worry about the 2019-2020 season right now in exchange for 6 more years of ultra competive hockey. I know that I stay up late at night thinking about this.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
We have two good young goaltenders. You people are so fickle. Frankly, I'm glad GMGM is at the helm. You guys would be making so many panic moves that you'd be known around the league as a mark, and taken advantage of constantly. The team would be at the bottom of the league for a generation after half a season.

We are so fortunate to be in this situation. Chill.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I know what you mean. It really sucks having to worry about the 2019-2020 season right now in exchange for 6 more years of ultra competive hockey. I know that I stay up late at night thinking about this.

Then stop trying to sell us your overpaid goalie. And its clear you are worried about the future of the Canucks or wouldnt be posting on every teams boards trying to boost up loungos value. If you took away that contract Loungo would still have value, Dont blast the caps because we dont want to inherit a death contract be mad at your GM for trying to get around the old salary cap rules and giving Loungo maybe the worst contract in NHL history. Sorry Canucks your GM handicaped the future with that bogus contract now that Gillis cant cheat the salary cap anymore.

Buffalo In A Carwash

Registered User?
Apr 10, 2012
Quesnel
Then stop trying to sell us your overpaid goalie. And its clear you are worried about the future of the Canucks or wouldnt be posting on every teams boards trying to boost up loungos value. If you took away that contract Loungo would still have value, Dont blast the caps because we dont want to inherit a death contract be mad at your GM for trying to get around the old salary cap rules and giving Loungo maybe the worst contract in NHL history. Sorry Canucks your GM handicaped the future with that bogus contract now that Gillis cant cheat the salary cap anymore.

You know I heard that if enough Cap fans are persuaded to trade for Luongo it'll really happen!

Good thing you're here to keep unreasonable fans that think a top 10 goalie has some value in check.

Also: Luongo contract = franchise killer
Ovechkin contract = winning!

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
The change last year wasn't made because of his play, Luongo was our best player in the 2 games he played, we needed to make a switch to shake things up. That was expected and the coach said that. It wasn't Lu's play, he was great. Our team was exploited by LA and IMO it came down to coaching and AV was exposed, but that's another story.

I disagree, Luongo has come up in alot of pressure situations, he was our best player in our playoff run, was the Olympic gold medal, game 7 vs Chicago, Game 7 vs Dallas, was our best player in the finals (And that's saying something judging by how inconsistent he was)

He may have laid some eggs, but he has come up huge in big games many more times than he has laid eggs.
Yep, teams are always benching their MVP to create a spark. Makes sense.

Luongo was not good in the Olympic gold medal game. He left rebound after rebound that a lesser US team couldn't capitalize on until he left a nice juicy one for Parise.

I want Luongo, but posts like this are ridiculous. Luongo would have a ton of interest if there weren't a bunch of negatives.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I found this thread to be an interesting read until other Vancouver fans showed up, the main board Luongo thread was closed for a reason, let the Caps fans discus what they think will fix their team without trying to shove Luongo in their face.

We have our own board to talk about our goalies in, if caps fans are curious what we would want they can come and read our thread but you guys are already past the point of embarrassment and all you've done is anger another teams fans, makes no sense.

If they don't want him, that's their choice to discuss or not to discuss on their board, please stop acting this and making me embarrassed because we're fans of the same team. leave the thread to Capitals fans, please.

P.S. I don't want to trade Luongo, never have.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Um hasn't this been McPhee's strategy for the last 4 years? How's that working out so far?

Let's find another way to lose for a change rather than the same old crap...

mcphee's strategy is at the point of playing out. yea, i have said that having a rookie goalie in the net for 4 straight playoffs was not a good idea. that said, though, the only way that doesnt happen that way was to ditch the young goalie thing entirely and get a veteran.and go that direction when olie retired and huet walked. trade varly then.

once you go young, then you are ablidged to play it out. its certainly true that varly, neuvirth and holtby all had strong first round wins that were career building blocks. its also true that vokoun was in unmitigated disaster and bryzgalov just about as bad on a hideous contract in philly.

remind me. when the caps let huet walk, the right move, was there a cup capable veteran goalie to be gotten? i cant recall

Liberati0n*

Vokoun was an unmitigated disaster? Really? The whole season could easily have looked like the first few games of this year without him. Neuvirth under Boudreau was playing like Holtby under Oates (pre-last night). Hunter's approach insulated them, but his scheme might not have come together in time to matter with Neuvirth and an uncomfortable Holtby in goal.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
if you think the vokoun move worked out well, ok. what i see is that he is now a backup goalie. it did wonders for his career.

Liberati0n*

if you think the vokoun move worked out well, ok. what i see is that he is now a backup goalie. it did wonders for his career.

How is the only option other than unmitigated disaster that it worked well?

Halpysback*

You know I heard that if enough Cap fans are persuaded to trade for Luongo it'll really happen!

Good thing you're here to keep unreasonable fans that think a top 10 goalie has some value in check.

Also: Luongo contract = franchise killer
Ovechkin contract = winning!

Which one ends when the player in question is 35?

Yeah, what I thought.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
We have two good young goaltenders. You people are so fickle. Frankly, I'm glad GMGM is at the helm. You guys would be making so many panic moves that you'd be known around the league as a mark, and taken advantage of constantly. The team would be at the bottom of the league for a generation after half a season.

We are so fortunate to be in this situation. Chill.

Amen, 1000 times amen. Go and look at some of early career stats of some the established stars in the league, like Miller and Lundquist. Not pretty. Takes time to master the position. Holtby is going to be a star at the position in a couple of years time, no question.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
ok...is unsuccessful better?

vokoun by all appearances took the one year with the caps with hopes of having a big season that would lead to a shot at the cup on a winning team and a nice contract after either with the caps or off the ufa market.

he got benched for the first game and it was downhill from there.

the result is that he is the back replacing the caps another former caps backup goalie on a team with a entrenched starting goalie. if you were vokoun....is unmitigated disaster overhype?

Halpysback*

Except for the fact that Vokoun didn't test UFA that time around. It's pretty obvious he wants a cup and doesn't give a flying **** about money anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad