We need a goalie..

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The Caps should want absolutely no part of Luongo. He's not even the best goalie in Vancouver let alone one of the best in the league and his contract is ridiculous. This season is shot, no reason to shackle the team's next 10 years to try and save it.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Canucks should be happy if they find a GM dumb enough to trade for that franchise killer contract.

Wouldnt be shocked at all if bruke was canned for being linked to Loungo rumors.

Tim Thomas was traded for a conditional 2nd rounder if he un retires.
Im guesing Loungos value maybe less then that at this point.

Totally not an exaggeration. 100% fact right there.
I guess Ovechkin's contract is a franchise killer too.
:laugh:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

Is Ovechkin desperately being shopped like Loungo?

We dont want him the same reason you are on our boards peddling your backup goalie like a used car salesman

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Expensive player that gags in the playoffs? Perfect.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I said last night and still think he wasn't actually bad last night. Not great of course, but not as bad as his stats suggest. He came into the game after the skaters had already quit.

The only stoppable shot of the three he gave up was Neal's and really, he was allowed to just walk right out in front of Holts unmolested. He could've ordered a pizza with the time he had.

The other two were good goals. No one defended and Braden's out there alone. When he had some view of the shot and a little D help in front of him, he made good solid stops. He was in good position. His rebound control still needs work for sure, but he didn't suck.
It's about his confidence and his development more than anything. I don't want Holtby to be shaken by the fact that he can't prevent the other team from running up the score, even if the goals aren't his fault. And I don't want him developing bad habit by trying to cover up for pitiful defense.

If he continues playing like this, then Ovie's contract is absolutely a franchise killer.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Supposed Trade Offer

https://twitter.com/***************/status/299982511130439680

@***************: #BREAKINGNEWS @washcaps OFFER ON THE TABLE for @VanCanucks Neuvirth+Johansson for Luongo+Raymond. Details http://t.co/nmxBXERB @strombone1

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
Expensive player that gags in the playoffs? Perfect.

This team has no shot at the playoffs as it stands. So why not.

Let's not act like our goaltending has been stellar in the playoffs. It has become apparent that holtby was a product of the pack it in defense that Hunter hockey was.

Liberati0n*

The name being blacked out on here when you post it is a pretty good sign the rumor is complete ********. :thumbu:

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Probably wont happen, but its a rumor, and 90% of rumors don't come true. If nothing else, at least it seems GMGM is trying to make some moves.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Two things I don't like about Luongo?

He hurts the tank this year and obviously that contract is crazy.

On the other hand he'd be a clear an present upgrade to the roster, and I think the Caps need to start thinking veteran goalie.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
We neex the team to be better. Young goalies are what they are. Young. That means inconsistant. Neither young goalie will develope as a backup and both are capable of strong winning playoff play. Either keep them both or trade them both.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I went to the canucks board and read their Loungo thread. They think they can get Kuzya, Foresberg and our 1st for lou.

insane

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
We neex the team to be better. Young goalies are what they are. Young. That means inconsistant. Neither young goalie will develope as a backup and both are capable of strong winning playoff play. Either keep them both or trade them both.

This. Give them some defensive support and let them develop into starters.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

This. Give them some defensive support and let them develop into starters.

Um hasn't this been McPhee's strategy for the last 4 years? How's that working out so far?

Let's find another way to lose for a change rather than the same old crap...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad