We need a goalie..

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Holtby is either not ready or not good enough. Neuvirth is average. Trade for a vet goalie and build the team from the net out. Once we have a good goalie who is reliable, we can think about other changes... BUT GOD DAMN IT, FIX THE GOALIE ISSUE NOW!!!

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Tank is a waste, just make some trades for a goalie and a winger... Team should not be in need of high draft picks to change this around.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
We haven't had consistency at G since Kolzig.

If there's one thing GMGM should be most accountable it's giving the goalie duties over to the rotation that's been here the last 5 years. Too much inexperience, no good vet for those guys to ever learn from. That's where the development problem has been. Trial by fire hasn't worked GMGM. Imagine if we had a world class goalie to go with the President's Cup contending years...

aquablue

May 4, 2010
I can't believe some people said nervy and holtby was a future starter and better than Carly.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
We need help at O, D, and G.

The current situation reminds me of the advice we techs would give other techs, when working on certain models of televisions:

Me: "Take the knob off... and replace everything underneath it."

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Goalie should be number 1.... can't you see how all these bad goals are killing the confidence of our team...

Somebody explain why Holtby will turn out to be an above average goalie.. Might not happen.. Don't waste any more years of our core Mcphail.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
McPhee should trade for a vet... Trade noyvy away and keep Holtby until the point when or if he matures into a stud..

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Anyway, although McPhee won't trade for Lou, although I disagree, we need another cheaper vet to bide our time. If Holtby proves to be an average or worse goalie, we can make further plans for a stud vet.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
We need a miracle not a goalie. :laugh:

Almost 25% into the season - go full tank mode and get a top 5 pick.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
We need a winger too... Dump the wolski. Worthless winger.. Dump ward too, overpaid boring grinder.

Zorak

Dec 19, 2007
We just need an average NHL level goalie, no need to sell a farm for Luongo. But we do need him fast - like tomorrow. The team clearly doesn't believe in Nervy-Holtby anymore. Mental aspects are very important in hockey, and playing with an empty net really messes with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad