We need a goalie..

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
We need a winger too... Dump the wolski. Worthless winger.. Dump ward too, overpaid boring grinder.

Seems to be the only guy who realized there was a season this year. I wouldn't dump him, for his contract you'll never get anything of worth and at this point if dump him what type of tone setter in the club house is it when you drop the best player so far?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Our defence is the problem. Braden is a stud prospect so is neuvirth.

How many bad angles and uncontested goals from the point need to go in before we can blame the goalies? Is it the defense's fault neither of them can control rebounds?

Holtby looked good last year because Dale packed 5 dudes in front of the net to block shots and clear the crease.

HockeyTS32

Jun 14, 2011
How many bad angles and uncontested goals from the point need to go in before we can blame the goalies? Is it the defense's fault neither of them can control rebounds?

Holtby looked good last year because Dale packed 5 dudes in front of the net to block shots and clear the crease.

I wouldn't say it's the defenses fault that neither of them can control a rebound, but it is their fault for all the rebound goals were they couldn't tie up the guy that scored said rebound goal...Also what bad angle goals against are you talking about or uncontested goals for that matter???

Obviously there has been a few soft goals, but both goalies have also made a few nice saves. But most of the "uncontested goals from the point" have been scored because of the following:
1. the forward isn't covering his point
2. the forward or defense is screening the goalie
3. Or like most of the shots from the point..the puck gets tipped on its way to the net

Bottom line is, the goalies can only play as well as the players in front of them...this includes def/off playing well in the defensive zone as well as getting some help from the off by actually scoring some goals...the caps have yet to score more than 3 goals this season, because quite honestly, they don't have the depth to do so.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
Yeah, the tending has not been stellar, but I dont think having Lundqvist or some other top goaltender would have had us in any better position at this point.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Moot point.

It would take more than that to get Lou.

Top 5 goalie, 5.3 cap hit and the Canucks pay the penalty when he inevitably retires early.

Unless, of course, he doesn't want to stop getting paid and plays til he's 42.

That makes his contract one of the riskiest in the league.

It'll take a lot less to get him than most Canucks fans believe.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Of course I'm a biased Canuck fan, but if his deal was really that bad then why was it so important for the NHL to make sure they never happened again in the new CBA?

Lou's a competitor and wont warm a bench at even age 40 for a few million. It's would cost him that ten fold to get a divorce. :sarcasm:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
As I said in another thread, it's time for Holtby to go back to Hershey. Getting shelled up here certainly isn't doing him any favors in his development. Let him get his confidence back and find a groove before calling him back up. It's not like Sabourin or Grubauer can do any worse than what we've been getting out of our goalies so far.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Of course I'm a biased Canuck fan, but if his deal was really that bad then why was it so important for the NHL to make sure they never happened again in the new CBA?

Lou's a competitor and wont warm a bench at even age 40 for a few million. It's would cost him that ten fold to get a divorce. :sarcasm:

Because they were clearly intended to circumvent the salary cap, and they put every team that wanted to sign a player long-term into a bind.

It's a bad contract, and Vancouver will have very little leverage after this season.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
As I said in another thread, it's time for Holtby to go back to Hershey. Getting shelled up here certainly isn't doing him any favors in his development. Let him get his confidence back and find a groove before calling him back up. It's not like Sabourin can do any worse than what we've been getting out of our goalies so far.

I said last night and still think he wasn't actually bad last night. Not great of course, but not as bad as his stats suggest. He came into the game after the skaters had already quit.

The only stoppable shot of the three he gave up was Neal's and really, he was allowed to just walk right out in front of Holts unmolested. He could've ordered a pizza with the time he had.

The other two were good goals. No one defended and Braden's out there alone. When he had some view of the shot and a little D help in front of him, he made good solid stops. He was in good position. His rebound control still needs work for sure, but he didn't suck.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Canucks should be happy if they find a GM dumb enough to trade for that franchise killer contract.

Wouldnt be shocked at all if bruke was canned for being linked to Loungo rumors.

Tim Thomas was traded for a conditional 2nd rounder if he un retires.
Im guesing Loungos value maybe less then that at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad