• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hope Scheifele and Wheeler wake up the next game.

Like Jets going to need them.

Maybe its time to split them up to get them going. They have not been separated, cant remember anymore.

Hope the coach have the #&#! To do it.

Go jets go!!!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Obviously you know nothing about our team or hockey.

That photo of Selanne is from the Heritage Classic played in Winnipeg in 2016.

Nice try on the weak burn and being an overconfident St Louis homer.
Thats why I said THE LOGO.

Try reading.

But if you want to get technical, Selanne never played for the Jets franchise that's in Winnipeg right now. He played for the Coyotes franchise.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
These posts aged well. ;)

Love the banter guys/gals!

How does “Unleash the Buff!” merit inclusion for not aging well? He had a solid game.

Frankly, I thought the Jets were the better team overall last night though it was a great push back by the Blues in the third. Still looking like a hotly contested series.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Respect to the Blues. Played their perfect road game. Weather the storm, kept it close. Capitalized on a break after earning big time momentum. It's a formula that's been working for them for a while now.

I'm sure both teams know it's just one game. It's still going to get chippier, both teams should tighten up even more defensively, refs will call less and less penalties as series goes on...

Binnington was great, so was Hellebuyck. I dont think it's fair to the Blues to say he stole this game whatsoever. He played well and made a big save to seal it. But this wasnt a game the Jets dominated by any means.

On to game two

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Laine looked incredibly disengaged last night. Only cares when he's in the slot with the puck,

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I'd be more worried about Hellebuyck cracking under the pressure than Binnington. Binnington might be the most calm and collected goalie, or player for that matter, that I've seen wearing The Note. It's yet to be seen if he'll crack or not after giving up a bad goal because we're still waiting on him to give up one.
Big Dong Energy has given up a bad goal or 2 in his stretch as the #1, the answer is no it's doesn't faze him. The kid is a stone cold assassin.

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
Think it was a great start to the series, emotion and physicality already through the roof and it's going to get nasty towards the end.

Still betting on the Jets to take it. Their game for the first two periods looked better than the whole season. Got to do something about that 3rd period lead though.

Laine played excellent, Ehlers was great at least for the first couple periods but got screwed by Maurice in the toi. Helly was great too.

Scheif and Wheeler need to wake up big time though. They're going to get first line minutes regardless of how they play which is a bit worrying.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Think it was a great start to the series, emotion and physicality already through the roof and it's going to get nasty towards the end.

Still betting on the Jets to take it. Their game for the first two periods looked better than the whole season. Got to do something about that 3rd period lead though.

Laine played excellent, Ehlers was great at least for the first couple periods but got screwed by Maurice in the toi. Helly was great too.

Scheif and Wheeler need to wake up big time though. They're going to get first line minutes regardless of how they play which is a bit worrying.

I would've have expected the Jets first period or two to be better than the Blues. They had a terrible second half, it's the first game of the playoffs and they're on home ice. They want to prove the bad second half isn't who the team is and I'm sure they were pumped from the home crowd at the beginning. The issue for them is they couldn't get a big lead off of it and the Blues weathered their attacks until everything settled down.

I would expect the Jets to come out flying again Friday night as they don't want to head back to St. Louis down 0-2. Let's see if the Blues can settle things down again and play their game.

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
"Unleash the Buff"

Is that when he takes golf swings at other players ankles?

Question for Winnipeg fans....

Does your rink ever play the "Celebrity look-alike" game during home games? And if so, PLEASE tell me Laine/Gary Busey is a running theme

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Great game.

I have no clue who wins this series. While I hope it’s the Blues, if not, let the winner take apart whoever comes out of the Dal/Nash series. At this point there are just teams in the West that I like and respect (Blues, Jets, VGK) and others that I wish went to the golf course early (Nash, SJ, Dal).

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Blues win 2-1 on your ice, and you're going on endlessly about our coach chirping at one of your guys after that guy hit one of ours in the face after the final whistle.

This is why the playoffs are awesome. It shows which fans melt down over the smallest things.
lol. I’m confident we still win but Berube is old and should just sit down. Those kids in my front lawn should just leave too

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
D31wAwkW4AAhhzP.jpg
D31iifyW0AA77L_.jpg
56548118_232870414244224_7667375127192928256_n.jpg
20182019-30161-cfdiff-all.png

Interesting stats from game 1 in my opinion. Blues spent a lot of time in Winnipeg's zone, lines were almost all hardmatched, Corsi was a little in the Blues favor however, at 5v5 it looked a bit better for the Jets.

Speaking outside of the statistics I got to wonder if the Jets will play as physical as they did this first game the rest of the series. It doesn't seem like it helped them THAT much. Took a few stupid penalties which slowed the momentum of their game. Also got to wonder if the continued checking led to the disastrous 3rd.

Reactions: LGB and Weiss1604

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
The #1 key to the Jets success this series is Paul Maurice pulling his head out of his ass and having a little in-game awareness.

With the way Ehlers and Laine were playing, you gotta find a way how to get them kids more ice-time. 13 and a half minutes is a downright disgrace.

Morrisey is also likely the Jets best defensemen yet only 17 minutes? Was he just being worked back in?

I think the Jets have the clear advantage in top-end talent but they're not beating the Blues unless they use it.
Problem is the Jets had no legs for most of the 3rd. Spent themselves in the first two periods and then gassed. You could see the impact when Maroon beat three Jets for a puck to setup Bozak's game winning goal.

Nov 24, 2006
Binnington came as advertised last night. I thought both goalies were good, and the shots were fairly equal, but Binnington seemed to have more challenging shots to handle and he did really well.

The first two periods were close fought, playoff hockey. I'd give a slight advantage to the Jets carrying play in spite of having more penalties. The third period was the game changer, as the Jets couldn't even get into the Blues zone. It was embarrassing to watch. The Jets best O-zone entry forward is Nikolaj Ehlers, but Maurice is going to Maurice, which means he either won't recognize it or adapt to it. You knew loss this was going to be the result.

I've watched every Jets game in the last 2 years, and there is no doubt that this is not the same team as last year. The Jets would have handily won that game. Something is wrong with this team, and it is not Hellebuyck.

I stick by my prediction of Blues in 6, but if the Jets lose the next one, it will likely be less than 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad