• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Laine was definitely not the Jets best player. That was Helly or Myers. Hell, despite scoring the Jets only goal, I think Ehlers was the best forward for Winnipeg last night. Everytime he got the puck on his stick, I was worried.
Myers was trash. He played defense like Subban on the winning goal: don't read the play at all, stand right in front of the goalie and fall down when someone walks in and scores.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Yep but he's San Jose media, not Winnipeg media. Get your facts straight.

Wasn't that Winnipeg media yesterday trying to question Binnington about the tweets? They're just as culpable but sure let's pretend that stunt wasn't intended to throw Binnington off his game (great job btw lol).

Reactions: HighNote

Mar 6, 2012
This was a coin-toss game. A bounce here or there and it could have gone either way. This will be a long good series with two fun teams playing at a high level.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The report came form San Jose media, not Winnipeg.

Yep but he's San Jose media, not Winnipeg media. Get your facts straight.

Easy there, the fact remains the Winnipeg media ran with this conveniently-timed smear job, in hopes that it would shake the Blues and especially Binnington, prior to Game 1.

Doesn't look like it was very effective, though. Probably had the opposite effect. :laugh:

Reactions: o6mopok

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
The book is not out on Binnington due to his very small sample size in in the NHL.
It is only a matter of time until teams figure out any new goalie.

Pay him large based off half a season and you may get burnt like Ottawa did on their Hamburgler.

Pay him large based on 1 season and you may get burnt like Winnipeg did on Hellebuyck :sarcasm:

Reactions: STLomacneko

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I'm not a Jets fan but i can tell you guys your coach is a total moron , it's kind of impossible to put worts lines that Maurice did last night ... how come a 2nd pick OV with more than 100 goals in 3 years is playing on the 3rd line with 2 plugs??? Ehlers fastest player of the team with players who can't skate and Connor to small and shy for the playoffs on the first line???

should be

Laine-Scheif-Wheel
Connor-Little -Ehlers

Fired this jerk!!!

Welcome to the team, Coach! :laugh: When can you start?

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
I was in the building for a very entertaining game last night. As a Jets fan, it was tough to see them revert to their norm in the third period with poor team defense, but even so, they were a hair away from overtime. The Blues are a fun team to watch, with tons of talent and great systems play. Their defense cover so much ice it's difficult to gain the offensive zone and their forwards are dynamic and smart. These teams match up well against each other. Can't wait for game 2. Playoff hockey is a beautiful thing.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Blues were not great through 40. In the 3rd they improved, but I think that period was more so lost by the Jets than it was won by the Blues. The Jets were making a significant amount of mistakes in their own end, and the Blues began to capitalize. The Blues weren't playing like they normally do even in the 3rd, except for the Bozak line (and even then, Thomas had a pretty rough game (probably nerves)). Hopefully all 4 of the Blues lines start playing at the level they normally do in game 2. I guess it's encouraging that we got a win out of game 1 despite not playing our best. Binnington and Bozak/Maroon really saved us. Parayko was pretty good too. It's important that we continue to stay out of the box. I don't want the Jets' powerplay to burn us. The Jets PK also completely shut our PP down. They did a great job of denying zone entries. Hellebuyck and the Jets' defense was very good as well.

Before the series, I predicted defense and special teams would be the big deciding factors, with goaltending being a wild card. I think the offense of both teams will continue to be fairly even like it was in game 1. If the games become defensive and smothering, it benefits the Blues. If the game opens up and becomes high-flying offense vs. offense, that benefits the Jets. I think game 1 was more of the former. Both teams were playing pretty solid defense, until the Jets started slipping up in the third.

Reactions: Jedub

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

Own up, which one of you was this? :laugh:

If only it was this guy:

hyeEUkA.gif

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I had St Louis as a final four at the beginning of the year, really hoping they pull through. I like the Jets team, but blues fans here are much more tolerable, so let's go blues.
Every fan base here contains the exact same mixture of posters, it's always been that way and will forever remain that way.

Every single one. :nod:

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg

Hey don't give up hope

Lol. Can’t see Maurice engage in that. Can’t fight can’t coach. He can tell the ref to F off though.

In reality it’s fun when coaches get it into it but again in almost all those video clips the coaches started yapping at players first.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Going forward in this series for the Blues: They absolutely have to get their PP going. That's going to be a key stat moving forward.

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Bortuzzo, Maroon, Eddy, and Schenn are probably the guys most likely to drop them this postseason. Schenn wanted a piece of everybody last night.

Sleepers are Vladdy, Parayko, Dunn, Barby, and Mac. They've all shown they're willing to answer the bell in the past.

No one listed is capable of handling big Buff though. I miss Reavo man.

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
The deep analysis on the Jets forum is that the Blues made “adjustments” and the Jets did not.

When asked about details of these adjustments, no further information was garnered.

We suspect that when our code breakers decipher these mysterious “adjustments”, we will deploy COUNTER ADJUSTMENTS and boy, will you Blues be in a heap of trouble!!

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
Sportsnet didn't really show what happened and NHLN was syndicating their feed and cut off the feed basically after it ended...who was Berube talking to here and why?

Is there a video of what happened?

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
tbh just looked like Jets blew their wad in the first. Hard to keep up the kind of skating they did to generate shots. Blues waited it out and had the upperhand later in the game.

What does Winnipeg have left to throw at binnington? Gets his name dragged through the mud in the media, gets checked in the first minute of the game, lets in the first goal of the game and still looked A+

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sportsnet didn't really show what happened and NHLN was syndicating their feed and cut off the feed basically after it ended...who was Berube talking to here and why?

It was for Scheifele, he had some questionable actions in the game. Not really sure why people are making a huge deal about it though.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019

Think it was Scheifele after he did this:

After the final horn. Steen was obviously not innocent here either though looks like he had something to say to Scheifele.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
tbh just looked like Jets blew their wad in the first. Hard to keep up the kind of skating they did to generate shots. Blues waited it out and had the upperhand later in the game.

What does Winnipeg have left to throw at binnington? Gets his name dragged through the mud in the media, gets checked in the first minute of the game, lets in the first goal of the game and still looked A+
Guess they can resort to food poisoning or pushing him down some steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad