Who wins and in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I don't think this is even close to being accurate.
I watched him last night pretty much every shift. He was coasting a lot. He stays up high on the half wall in the D zone. I watched whoever the STL LD were, walk into the slot and get several shots because Laine gives them so much space.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Laine was definitely not the Jets best player. That was Helly or Myers. Hell, despite scoring the Jets only goal, I think Ehlers was the best forward for Winnipeg last night. Everytime he got the puck on his stick, I was worried.

Reactions: Lays

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Laine was definitely not the Jets best player. That was Helly or Myers. Hell, despite scoring the Jets only goal, I think Ehlers was the best forward for Winnipeg last night. Everytime he got the puck on his stick, I was worried.

Myers and Buff played great last night IMO, Myers was all OVER

If that's Laine playing at his best...

As a Blues fan, every time Laine had the puck I thought I was going to have a heart attack, AWAY from the puck he is next to useless, When your this great young offensive talent he was most likely almost never forced to learn that part of the game, and he really needs to get it under control.

Reactions: MB11

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Myers and Buff played great last night IMO, Myers was all OVER

As a Blues fan, every time Laine had the puck I thought I was going to have a heart attack, AWAY from the puck he is next to useless, When your this great young offensive talent he was most likely almost never forced to learn that part of the game, and he really needs to get it under control.
Yes that's basically what I was getting at. Every time he has the puck within the blue line he is dangerous. But everything else leaves you really wanting more.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
was a great game. as a jets fan a lil sad how we seemed to be a step slower part way through the 3rd. Credit goes to the blues though its a damn good team and binner is for real. Looking for the jets to tie it up tomorrow! Just hope both teams play hard and clean. Don't want any injuries going in to the 2nd round for who ever wins.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Yes that's basically what I was getting at. Every time he has the puck within the blue line he is dangerous. But everything else leaves you really wanting more.
I think that's a fair analysis of the Jets, dangerous in spurts, but the $64k question is if the consistency is gonna be there for 60 minutes.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Laine looked incredibly disengaged last night. Only cares when he's in the slot with the puck,

Completely agree. Laine disappeared after he scored the goal. I was so worried he was back to being peak Laine after scoring but he was completely washed out of the game by the Blues defense right after that.

And he adds little to the Jets in the defensive end and neutral zone from what I could tell.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
1 win by 1 goal and you guys act like you finished the series in 1 game.

It takes 4 to win ladies.
What did you think of the new Hamburgler, still think they're the same story/same level of AHL player.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerpaDerp

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Completely agree. Laine disappeared after he scored the goal. I was so worried he was back to being peak Laine after scoring but he was completely washed out of the game by the Blues defense right after that.

And he adds little to the Jets in the defensive end and neutral zone from what I could tell.
Blues adjusted and Gave Laine fits.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What did you think of the new Hamburgler, still think they're the same story/same level of AHL player.

The book is not out on Binnington due to his very small sample size in in the NHL.
It is only a matter of time until teams figure out any new goalie.

Pay him large based off half a season and you may get burnt like Ottawa did on their Hamburgler.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Saw this on FB and had to share.

Attachments

• BD43C6D0-CF61-47A9-B37C-3D5894286B20.jpeg
    BD43C6D0-CF61-47A9-B37C-3D5894286B20.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 107

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
I'm not a Jets fan but i can tell you guys your coach is a total moron , it's kind of impossible to put worts lines that Maurice did last night ... how come a 2nd pick OV with more than 100 goals in 3 years is playing on the 3rd line with 2 plugs??? Ehlers fastest player of the team with players who can't skate and Connor to small and shy for the playoffs on the first line???

should be

Laine-Scheif-Wheel
Connor-Little -Ehlers

Fired this jerk!!!

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Nice to see Binnington shake off that sickening hatchet job by the Winnipeg media, and put up yet another strong game on the road.

Blues are gonna be tough to beat this year.
The report came form San Jose media, not Winnipeg.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I'm not a Jets fan but i can tell you guys your coach is a total moron , it's kind of impossible to put worts lines that Maurice did last night ... how come a 2nd pick OV with more than 100 goals in 3 years is playing on the 3rd line with 2 plugs??? Ehlers fastest player of the team with players who can't skate and Connor to small and shy for the playoffs on the first line???

should be

Laine-Scheif-Wheel
Connor-Little -Ehlers

Fired this jerk!!!
Most Jets fans would agree with you. I'm a Jets fan and I'd like to see Maurice fired.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I finally understand. The Blues’ goalie is nicknamed Bikinington as a reference to Bikini Atoll:
giphy.gif

Anyway, that’s one quality start for him in Binnipeg, but there’s a new game to get ready for tomorrow.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Trotz is probably going to win the Adams. But man, Berube should get some sort of award, or raise for turning the Blues around this season. What a story.
He’ll get a big raise and be named the permanent coach. Hopefully he’ll get a nomination for the Adams. There are several deserving candidates this year.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
If the 3rd period is indicative of anything, Jets are in big trouble. That was impressive play from the Blues. I think the Jets suffered adrenaline dump. A 2-0 deficit would be devastating but I think all 7 of these games are going to be super close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese