Who wins and in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Honestly it’s just looked silly. Old tuff guy trying to be tuff. He’s a good coach I’m sure but again there is an unwritten code with coaches (at least in Canada ) that you don’t talk smack to players if your a coach. Just because you have no way to back it up like he did when he was a player

I’m sure he’ll regret it later.
You're still on this?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Honestly it’s just looked silly. Old tuff guy trying to be tuff. He’s a good coach I’m sure but again there is an unwritten code with coaches (at least in Canada ) that you don’t talk smack to players if your a coach. Just because you have no way to back it up like he did when he was a player

Hows he going to regret it?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

The thing is we only saw that little piece of video that showed Berube for a few seconds cursing angrily at someone then the feed cut. We have no idea what contextual factors are at play here to get that type of reaction from him so passing judgment like you are here is ridiculous given the lack of background info.

I'm sure we'll get some idea of what happened there trickling in sometime in the next 24 hours and it will likely be nothing. Honestly you seem brand spanking new to N.A. P.O. hockey to me, coaching staffs cursing at each other is an accepted norm to me and coach/player confrontations in the PO's are not exactly unheard of either.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010

Bro... trust me. Dude couldn’t care less about some unwritten code about not talking to players. He gonna do what he wants to do.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Pretty obvious the Jets used up their legs in the first two periods. Hope the hits were worth it as they had no answer for the Blues in the third. Binnington answered the doubters and even managed to put a burka on the Jets offense. Blues need to capitalize on the stupid penalties the Jets take to be "physical".

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I understand that the Whiteout is a thing for the Winnipeg fans...but it just seems so weird with road teams wearing white. I get it started back when the home team wears white but now it just seems odd. Simple solution is the NHL should go to the NBA rules. Let the home team pick and the road team wear one that contrasts.

As far as the game went, it went basically exactly how I expected. The Jets came out with a push and the Blues weathered the storm, anchored by the robot we've got in net and the Blues took the game over as it went on.

Game 2 will be interesting. Obviously the pressure is all on the Jets to try to salvage a split at home, but the Blues shouldn't react as if they're so loose they miss an opportunity to realize take control of the series. I've seen some (perhaps not here, but elsewhere) act as if the Blues are playing with house money after the start they had, but I don't see it that way. They've got a real chance to make a serious run and I hope they aren't satisfied with just winning 1 game on the road.

With the way their respective regular seasons ended and the way this game went, a Blues win in Game 2 could be a critical blow to the Jets.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Pretty obvious the Jets used up their legs in the first two periods. Hope the hits were worth it as they had no answer for the Blues in the third. Binnington answered the doubters and even managed to put a burka on the Jets offense. Blues need to capitalize on the stupid penalties the Jets take to be "physical".

IMO they have the most talented roster ON PAPER in the league save Tampa. But they seem to have a mental weakness. I’m hoping we find it now game 2 but I’m not counting on it. We won a 50/50 game and I hope it breaks them. But I bet they have enough guys in that room where that won’t happen.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
The thing is we only saw that little piece of video that showed Berube for a few seconds cursing angrily at someone then the feed cut. We have no idea what contextual factors are at play here to get that type of reaction from him so passing judgment like you are here is ridiculous given the lack of background info.

I'm sure we'll get some idea of what happened there trickling in sometime in the next 24 hours and it will likely be nothing. Honestly you seem brand spanking new to N.A. P.O. hockey to me, coaching staffs cursing at each other is an accepted norm to me and coach/player confrontations in the PO's are not exactly unheard of either.
I was at the game sitting close to where the blues walked off the ice. Berube looked to me like he was talking to shief. Anyways whatever it just reminded me of bush league hockey stuff I used to play when I was young. Now just old..........Like old man Berube...........act your age Berube

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Ya and Scheifle punching Steen in the face after the final whistle and then skating away totally falls under “the code”

I love it all man. This is the playoffs.
You miss the point. Steen can get him back next game. Berube talking smack can’t back it up as a non player.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I was at the game sitting close to where the blues walked off the ice. Berube looked to me like he was talking to shief. Anyways whatever it just reminded me of bush league hockey stuff I used to play when I was young. Now just old..........Like old man Berube...........act your age Berube

I see, bet that was cool being there. Now see that adds context man, if you had just said that at the start we would have known you actually SAW him talk to/towards? Schiefele. All we can see is a short little future GIF of Berube cursing.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
He’s clearly sticking up for one of his players. He’s not initiating or taunting anybody. If that’s my coach I love it. Guys love playing for him.
To me it looks silly. Would you say the same if it was a basketball, football, baseball coach yelling at an opposing player.

Honestly if he was just saying ok get the F off the ice to shief it would be Ok. But again he was talking smack like he did when he was a player it just was silly to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad