• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This series has not even got physical yet and we need more fights and hostility.

I would love to see 7 grueling games and we are not rolling over for you mother f***ers.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This is going to be the most physical series. The Blues are going to make this a hard series for Scheifele, as all their d pairings are physical, and their forwards have some grit. The Jets defense led the hitting tempo early, but Jets forwards barely touched the puck in the 3rd. I think this could be a 7 gamer, and one that takes its toll on both sides. While I expect Dallas to knock Nashville a lot easier.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
This series has not even got physical yet and we need more fights and hostility.

I would love to see 7 grueling games and we are not rolling over for you mother ****ers.

giphy.gif

Y'all need more fights. We'll take the PPs. Our fighters suck, outside of Bortuzzo and depending on the weight class Maroon is ok. Actually, Eddy can fight. I mean, he's not a good fighter, more of a punching bag. But he can go to the box for 5 minutes and our defense would probably do better.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
The Jets didn’t show up in the third period like usual. They have an outstanding roster on paper but for whatever reason are underachievers. Hopefully they can bounce back. That Scheifele goalie run was straight outta the Lucic on Miller playbook. Berube in his day would have murdered him for that.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
This is just a continuation to the regular season. While Blues stepped it up in the second half the Jets struggled.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The #1 key to the Jets success this series is Paul Maurice pulling his head out of his ass and having a little in-game awareness.

With the way Ehlers and Laine were playing, you gotta find a way how to get them kids more ice-time. 13 and a half minutes is a downright disgrace.

Morrisey is also likely the Jets best defensemen yet only 17 minutes? Was he just being worked back in?

I think the Jets have the clear advantage in top-end talent but they're not beating the Blues unless they use it.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Wow, what an intense game! Jets fans, you have a heck of a team. They are downright scary! Binny won this one for us. Looking forward to game 2 and some really, really good hockey!!!

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Big reality check for the Jets. Can they hang with St. Louis?
I mean, yeah, obviously. The Jets probably had the better of the play through 2 periods (certainly the first, though that’s not unexpected.) All last night should’ve done is reaffirmed the thought that this series is going 6-7 more than likely.

Reactions: Bluenatic

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I mean, yeah, obviously. The Jets probably had the better of the play through 2 periods (certainly the first, though that’s not unexpected.) All last night should’ve done is reaffirmed the thought that this series is going 6-7 more than likely.
Hey! Dude!

How can I get under Jets fans' skins if you come in here with logic and stuff?

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
That was a great first game.....Winnipeg controlled the first and most of the second. Blues controlled the third. Both tenders played well. Playoff hockey at its best.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Jets will dismantle St Louis like they did in the regular season. Jets in 6. No way St. Louis has the skill the Jets have. Jets have been coasting all season, now St. Louis is going to be hit all over the ice, something they won't be able to handle.

Unleash The Buff!

Totally. I just don't see how they can hang with the Jets when we turn up the heat. We're deeper than them, more skilled.

Jets still better

This is 5 games :)

Go jets go.

I like the Blues, but as of the moment they are the arch enemy now!!!

Jets have been bad but they dummied the blues this season. Jets in 5 or 6

Honeslty im pissed. I don’t believe we can beat the Jets . I did think we could beat Nashville:

Have a feeling the Jets are going to break the Blues down

Jets in 5! We've beat them consistently for years. This year we are 3 and 1. Win both at home, steal one in St. L. and win at home in 5.

Does St Louis even get St Louis media? :laugh:

They don't have another speed.

The Jets do.

Hopefully we can score some goals on the new Hamburgler Binnington.

tenor.gif

Hot streaks eventually come to an end and riding an AHL goalie who is playing above his head won't last forever either.

No pressure at all on the Jets.

Every team in the NHL and the media think that we are easy outs.

The Jets have another speed, the Blues don't.

Sorry :(

Ask both sides
It will come down to reffing :sarcasm:
Seriously Jets stay out of the damned box!!!

These posts aged well. ;)

Love the banter guys/gals!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

I would love to see 7 grueling games and we are not rolling over for you mother ****ers.

giphy.gif
Well then tell your boys to drop the gloves instead of running away scared when a Blues player wants to go.

*cough* Scheifele *cough*

Dec 15, 2002
You miss the point. Steen can get him back next game. Berube talking smack can’t back it up as a non player.
Blues win 2-1 on your ice, and you're going on endlessly about our coach chirping at one of your guys after that guy hit one of ours in the face after the final whistle.

This is why the playoffs are awesome. It shows which fans melt down over the smallest things.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

giphy.gif
If this is how you want the Jets to play, hope you enjoy an early offseason

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I saw a game that was winnable for both sides.
Goalies were fantastic.
St.Louis didn’t give us time or space in the 3rd and we paid dearly for it.
Credit where credit is due good job Blues
Loved the physicality!
Big boy hockey.
Jets need to play every period like the first or else...

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The Jets have simply been one of the worst teams analytically for awhile now. They've just been really bad 5v5, bad enough where I think you could have justified firing Maurice right before the playoffs. Whatever system he is using isn't working.

Reactions: PhilJets
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad