GDT: WC QF Sweden vs Canada

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You actually wrote something smart for once. Härligt gubben! I´m impressed.
The ”for once” part implies that you do care enough to comment about good and bad posters though. So are you actually on the same page?

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
The ”for once” part implies that you do care enough to comment about good and bad posters but I get the point. Nice that you agree.

Well of course, as you do? That´s why you keep on writing and answering my comments. Sometimes i find you amusing with your obvious biased b.s.
Probably why i insist on answering from time to time?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Assuming garpenlöv is done after this one?
He was done in November. They have been looking for a replacement since the last World Championships likely, and as soon as Hallam accepted, they announced it pretty much.

Reactions: ddlennon

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
No, if you think you lost because you didn’t get Hintz or something, you can absolutely say that. If you think the loss is all bullshit and down to referees being biased, you can absolutely say that. It’s voicing an opinion and absolutely acceptable if that is what you believe. I don’t think comments like that destroy the board at all, and I don’t think you have to have that fake ”congrats opponents you deserved the win” attitude when that’s not what you actually believe. No need to want to police what people can say and not after a loss.
Ofc you can say that but don't be surprised if people call you out after that kinda opinions. With these arguments only Canada deserves to win this tournament year after year because they have the best players. Imagine if Canadian guys would be "If we had McDavid.." every time they don't win.

These are opinions that has nothing to do with current moment and game. Refs can make iffy decisions but somehow same teams are in the top-4 year after year so. I think that's cheap argumenting that's all. Especially for the small nations it's big downplaying and if you blame missing players if you lose to Denmark or Latvia or whatever, it's just big discrediting.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Ofc you can say that but don't be surprised if people call you out after that kinda opinions. With these arguments only Canada deserves to win this tournament year after year because they have the best players. Imagine if Canadian guys would be "If we had McDavid.." every time they don't win.

These are opinions that has nothing to do with current moment and game. Refs can make iffy decisions but somehow same teams are in the top-4 year after year so. I think that's cheap argumenting that's all. Especially for the small nations it's big downplaying and if you blame missing players if you lose to Denmark or Latvia or whatever, it's just big discrediting.

Agreed.

That´s why i believe some Swedish hockeyposters are the most arrogant. Because when they win, they are the best no matter what. When they lose they claim that the best players were not participating, they have a better coach somewhere else and the only reason they are losing is this or that.
When they continue doing that they discredit their opponents and the game.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
With Sweden on its way home, I hope Finland breaks its home curse and wins. It would be a wonderful culmination of Jalonen's long-term work. Yeah, if the Swedes were as good on the bench as Finland ...

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovakia 2
Finland 0

I'm assuming I'll see a lot of Swedish posters on that thread soon.haha

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Finland makes it 2-1.

No way does Slovakia win the game with 2 goals.
Lots of Swedes are there now.lol.

Slovaks can be a real pain in the ass. I picked Finland but am cheering for slovaks.

To be honest... My and your stress is done. Just enjoying a bar and hoping for OT in both games

Reactions: NyQuil

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Czechs are next, I think it's a favourable matchup for us but again anything can happen in single game eliminations.

Reactions: NyQuil

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Sadly the Swiss are losing rn.

A top 4(well, and a top 3) that has Switzerland, Slovakia, & Czechia(Germany more so)in it would be fun.
It would be... Especially for canada.lol. Well, maybe not Swiss.. they have a legit gold contender.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
It would be... Especially for canada.lol. Well, maybe not Swiss.. they have a legit gold contender.
Canada placing 4th would be nice as well. :)

The only silver lining when it comes to Canada would be if Thompson takes over the net and Roy+Whitecloud become primary contributors for them.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I personally just feel so relieved I don't have to follow this train wreck of a team anymore and that Garpenlöv is finally gone! He's gone! He's dust and he can eat shit. What we can expect from him is we don't even reach the playoffs, kind of.

The next coach is actually a real coach! With experience! And he has actually won something with his teams! I mean, it's kind of a revolution within the Swedish hockey federation this is happening. Is it by chance or that there is anyone with a brain within there, still working? I doubt it.

The last straw is Garpenlöv at his exit talk praising Nordström as a top 3 player and performer on the team. I mean, the general opinion is he should've been a scratch, very early on. I hated him from two games in, he simply wasn't there, his shape was awful. Garpen put him to play with f***ing Nylander. There's Garpen's talent! And then Nylander played on the left spot on the PP when all he had done before was pouring in goals from the right spot. I think someone should look into if Garpenlöv was bribed or if he is just so useless you cannot believe how incompetent he is as a coach. And the complete morons who picked him.

Even though Sweden lost I can only feel this:

It's ok, we can f*** up. Again. And again before we shoveled gold medals with Grönborg. It's not easy getting somewhere with Swedish hockey with those cancerous, corrupt idiots ruling the entire thing. An entire era of Swedish hockey is decided by the roll of a dice.

I can guarantee you Swedish hockey will be much more of a threat with Hallam as the big boss.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Canada dominated. 47-26 something in shots to the canadians. we are even losing shots nowdays to the likes of slovakia, germany, switzerland, czechia etc. we are not good anymore

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Canada placing 4th would be nice as well. :)

The only silver lining when it comes to Canada would be if Thompson takes over the net and Roy+Whitecloud become primary contributors for them.
I like all the nations.. I think it's cool they dont have a training camp... Pick team at last possible minute and keep making the finals. It's annoying and impressive all at once lol

Reactions: NyQuil and jj cale

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ekman Larsson, Adam Larsson, Dahlin, Ullmark, Nylander, Pettersson, Bemström, Grundström, Wallmark etc...
Quarterfinals and Sweden are out once again...

I guess this was Swedens Z-team according to AB13?
What world do you live in?

Only Dahlin, Ullmark, OEL and Nylander is good enough for our best on best team.

Why do you even bring up Marcus Pettersson, Bemström, grundström who are all mediocer NHLers? Wallmark - the guy who plays in NLA is a superstar?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00