GDT: WC QF Sweden vs Canada

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I like all the nations.. I think it's cool they dont have a training camp... Pick team at last possible minute and keep making the finals. It's annoying and impressive all at once lol
I don't really have anything against Canada, but they're never the underdog so any other nations outplacing them is nice to me.

After Sweden I mostly just root for whoever is the underdog, unless that iteration of their team has something wrong about it(playing Slava Voynov for example, or having a player that intentionally injure others, which applies to Voynov as well outside the rink I guess).

Reactions: Czechboy

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
What world do you live in?

Only Dahlin, Ullmark, OEL and Nylander is good enough for our best on best team.

Why do you even bring up Marcus Pettersson, Bemström, grundström who are all mediocer NHLers? Wallmark - the guy who plays in NLA is a superstar?

Well, that´s still three players.

My point was, this was almost the second best or third best roster you could pick when the NHL playoffs are still going on.
Hedman, Markström, Lindholm, Kylington etc not being able to participate.

The second point was that AB13 and a couple of few others always finding whatever excuses no matter what.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, that´s still three players.

My point was, this was almost the second best or third best roster you could pick when the NHL playoffs are still going on.
Hedman, Markström, Lindholm, Kylington etc not being able to participate.

The second point was that AB13 and a couple of few others always finding whatever excuses no matter what.
its swedish D team. i could pick 3 swedish rosters that is better than this one. thought canada had their F team so cant blame on that.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Canada dominated. 47-26 something in shots to the canadians. we are even losing shots nowdays to the likes of slovakia, germany, switzerland, czechia etc. we are not good anymore
In second period the Canadian goalie have zero saves.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
It's a pretty good lineup for the World Championships.

Better than some past rosters.

Informed followers of the tournament certainly believed it was capable of winning Gold before the first puck was dropped in the tournament.

I feel like this is a weaker roster than previous years. Could be recency bias.

Granted I followed more closely before. Goaltending is definitely awful...

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
You know hell has frozen to ice when even a pole is making fun of swedish hockey. I could take bashing from finns, canadians etc but poles? Poland is a big joke in icehockey. Sweden would have won with 9-0 against poland.

I mean, you're ranking Germany, Switzerland and Slovakia ahead of Sweden so why are you suddenly offended?

"Sweden would be eaten alive by Germany in a best on best tournament" Your words ;)

Reactions: Czechboy and EK47

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Maybe there should be a stickied thread in the international section where a few grumpy Swedes and Finns can hang out and poop all over each other, so the rest of us can talk Hockey. Y’all need to lighten up, Francis.

Am I right that the semis will be Canada/Czechia and US/Finland?

Reactions: Elvs

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I dont understand why finns complain on ab13. there is like thousands of finns who are even worse than ab13. just go to facebook and youtube to read. swedes are gay, soft, cant play hockey, are worse than romania and we have never won gold, said thousands of finns today. Swedes never bash finland like this. Finns are bulling swedes all the time while swedes have respect for finland. its a major difference.

Take a look at the comment above me as an exemple...

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Poor sweden, you suck. What a choke job. I almost feel bad for you. You just need to cry it out, accept that you are bad. Eventually the pain will go away.

Hugs and kisses
Why is that finns keeps attacking sweden, can i get a serious reply on this? why do finns respect germany, switzerland, slovakia, latvia etc but not sweden? Why do finns who are best in the world at icehockey together with canada feel the need to kick on us swedes all the time because we suck? why dont finns go and mock italy, uk and kazaksthan aswell? And how is it a choke job when we only have 2 good nhler forwards on the roster? Losing to Canada is not the same thing as losing to for exemple Norway...

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Why is that finns keeps attacking sweden, can i get a serious reply on this? why do finns respect germany, switzerland, slovakia, latvia etc but not sweden? Why do finns who are best in the world at icehockey together with canada feel the need to kick on us swedes all the time because we suck? why dont finns go and mock italy, uk and kazaksthan aswell? And how is it a choke job when we only have 2 good nhler forwards on the roster? Losing to Canada is not the same thing as losing to for exemple Norway...

Because Finns sucks at everything except ice hockey, when they win the match they are the best, when they loss they watched the past winning games.....oooopsss

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Guys what the hell are you even arguing about? Enjoy the hockey, let the rest die.

100% you would not be having these discussions in person. We all love hockey and I think both countries have a deep respect for the others players and love of the game.

Y’all need to hit the ODR and have a beer together.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Guys what the hell are you even arguing about? Enjoy the hockey, let the rest die.

100% you would not be having these discussions in person. We all love hockey and I think both countries have a deep respect for the others players and love of the game.

Y’all need to hit the ODR and have a beer together.
Finns say Sweden is worse than Italy and UK and that we should stop playing hockey, how is that respect? why would we take a beer with this haters?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Why Swedes get upset about one single Finnish troll in this thread? Like one bad example and suddenly are Finns are bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad