GDT: WC QF Sweden vs Canada

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
Unbeleviable. This is almost as bad as Sweden's 2019 loss to Finland. I got to feel a bit sorry for the Swedish fans. This all started from Dahlin's screw up with that over the glass penalty.

I wouldn't blame Nylander for the OT penalty. That Canadian fell kinda easily and the ref took the bait.
He caught both of Batherson’s feet with his skate. You could see Batherson’s right skate turn 90 degrees, before their left shins collided. It was about as clear of a trip as you can get.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
He caught both of Batherson’s feet with his skate. You could see Batherson’s right skate turn 90 degrees, before their left shins collided. It was about as clear of a trip as you can get.
I would say that it was a penalty, but an unintentional one. Trip was caused by a collision of the skates, which was initiated by Nylander.

I think if it was in a different zone and it didn’t result in an immediate odd man rush then the refs might have let it go.

Couple of tough penalties for Sweden though, like you say. Over the glass, pretty honest mistake, then you get a somewhat incidental one where a forward is defending a forward on a rush.

I didn't watch it careful enough then. I thought it had something to do with the stick, but that wasn't the case.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Couple of tough penalties for Sweden though, like you say. Over the glass, pretty honest mistake, then you get a somewhat incidental one where a forward is defending a forward on a rush.

That's how we lost the Gold Medal final in 2008 in OT against the Russians at the tournament hosted in Canada.

Rick Nash put it over the glass.

We also collapsed in that game, having a two goal lead evaporate in the 3rd with the tying goal scored by Kovalchuk with 5 minutes left.

Reactions: therealdeal

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
oh wow I guess the Finns need the bigger mirror, finns is the worst in this board.
Not to pour any salt to wounds, but you are single-handedly the worst individual here on international boards. Finns can be annoying, nobody can deny that, but you and that other guy take it to the next level.

And your posts are "hahahahaha lol lmao" style without any arguments. So yeah you really live up to your nickname.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What's with the obsession of being a "good" or "bad" poster and why are people calling each other that? Why would anyone care enough to comment that someone else is a "bad" poster? There is no reason for that. There are posters who I think are more reasonable than others but I keep that to myself.

Also, why would someone actually care about being a "bad" poster? The reasonable mindset is to just not care about what strangers on the internet think of your hockey opinions. Don't take offence.

Reactions: FinPanda

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
What's with the obsession with being a "good" or "bad" poster and why are people calling each other that? Why would anyone care to comment that someone else is a "bad" poster? There are posters who I think are more reasonable than others but I keep that to myself.

Also, why would someone actually care about being a "bad" poster? The reasonable mindset is to just not care about what strangers on the internet think of your hockey opinions.
I just find it rather funny that same individuals are being toxic after say Finland wins, and storm to write messages to put them down. I don't really see point in that? Or they always have to find a reason why their team lost, it's always excuses after excuses. It's just hilarious.

I still remember 2019 like yesterday, Finland won and first thing what happened was couple Swedes coming to state facts how "we didn't deserve it and how Sweden is better" even though it had nothing to do with it. I guess if it's easier for some posters to cope, be my guest. It's just very toxic behaviour which is annoying rather than "bad"

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Lol i was on the olg app and had 2.75 in my account, so down 2-0 i put it on Canada, long story short Sweden scored 30 seconds after i placed the bet, if i bet it down 3-0 i would have won 50, but i turned the 2.75 into 20 bucks, so thank you Canada, i love you, spent it all on the lottery, trying to turn it into millions and get national media attention that Team Canada made me a millionaire lmao.

Reactions: Snowsii and NyQuil

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Not to pour any salt to wounds, but you are single-handedly the worst individual here on international boards. Finns can be annoying, nobody can deny that, but you and that other guy take it to the next level.

And your posts are "hahahahaha lol lmao" style without any arguments. So yeah you really live up to your nickname.

Well, thats why the Finns can't stand me because they knows I will be stabbing them, you of course one of them. Typical Finns eh ?

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Well, thats why the Finns can't stand me because they knows I will be stabbing them, you of course one of them. Typical Finns eh ?
This is the point, your level of argument is this level. You use these phrases "typical finn, finns this and that". Yet you come to match threads and instead of actually analyzing and giving valid comments, you say "lmao finns" or "lol finns".

When we win, you come and say "booo finland not deserved" or stuff like this.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I just find it rather funny that same individuals are being toxic after say Finland wins, and storm to write messages to put them down. I don't really see point in that? Or they always have to find a reason why their team lost, it's always excuses after excuses. It's just hilarious.

I still remember 2019 like yesterday, Finland won and first thing what happened was couple Swedes coming to state facts how "we didn't deserve it and how Sweden is better" even though it had nothing to do with it. I guess if it's easier for some posters to cope, be my guest. It's just very toxic behaviour which is annoying rather than "bad"
If saying that Finland got lucky when they won is what some posters believe, they have every right to say that. It could be that they are just voicing an opinion, while not intentionally trying to come off as toxic. I also don't think any side is more guilty of "excuses" than the other really. When Sweden beat Finland at the U18 semis all the talk was about referees and how that was the reason behind the result. Depending on your point of view you could see that as an excuse, or as a valid opinion and genuine reason for why what happened, happened.

I choose to not care at all about those kind of posts. If my team win and people post things that paint my team in a negative light, it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the win at all. And I don't think posts like that make them toxic either. It's okay to voice your opinion in whatever way you want to.

My point is that I do not see any reason to start a poster-bashing competition where all you do is talk about how bad certain posters are. Care less about strangers on the internet instead.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
If saying that Finland got lucky when they won is what some posters believe, they have every right to say that. It could be that they are just voicing an opinion, while not intentionally trying to come off as toxic. I also don't think any side is more guilty of "excuses" than the other really. When Sweden beat Finland at the U18 semis all the talk was about referees and how that was the reason behind the result. Depending on your point of view you could see that as an excuse, or as a valid opinion and genuine reason for why what happened, happened.

I choose to not care at all about those kind of posts. If my team win and people post things that paint my team in a negative light, it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the win at all. And I don't think posts like that make them toxic either. It's okay to voice your opinion in whatever way you want to. I don't see any reason to start a poster-bashing competition where all you do is talk about how bad certain posters are. Care less about strangers on the internet instead.
Voicing opinion and stating arguments like "lolol trash finland won" are two different things, well technically same things if you are 14 year old angry teenager. I respect opinions but it would be nice if person has some arguments behind it.

Hockey is a bottom line business, only win matters. "Got lucky, didn't deserve, he wasn't playing" are small D arguments which has nothing to do with the result when talking about professional sports. I would be embarassed to write stuff that hey we didn't have him so we lost or find some excuses.

If Slovakia beats us today, last thing what i'm saying or thinking is that "well if we had this or this player from the NHL.." They are not here, it's this team vs their team and better team wins. You need to deserve your luck.

Reactions: THE JAM and jj cale

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
This is the point, your level of argument is this level. You use these phrases "typical finn, finns this and that". Yet you come to match threads and instead of actually analyzing and giving valid comments, you say "lmao finns" or "lol finns".

When we win, you come and say "booo finland not deserved" or stuff like this.

and typical Finns didn't do that ?

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019

I choose to not care at all about those kind of posts. If my team win and people post things that paint my team in a negative light, it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the win at all. And I don't think posts like that make them toxic either. It's okay to voice your opinion in whatever way you want to.

My point is that I do not see any reason to start a poster-bashing competition where all you do is talk about how bad certain posters are. Care less about strangers on the internet instead.
Clapping back at idiots with IQ less than their shoesize is pretty funny though.

Hardly an "obsession" to reply to some utter garbage with few sentences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad