GDT: WC QF Sweden vs Canada

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Particularly those who realize that Heiskanen, right now, is a much better D compared to Dahlin. For one, he is still playing in this tournament. 😉

(How much is quite difficult to estimate, I agree so far. What happens in the future nobody knows.)

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Particularly those who realize that Heiskanen, right now, is a much better D compared to Dahlin. For one, he is still playing in this tournament. 😉

(How much is quite difficult to estimate, I agree so far. What happens in the future nobody knows.)
If you hate creativity, goals, passing, winning physical duels and defending the cycle then maybe.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
There is a good chance Sweden beats Canada if Dahlin doesn't take that penalty that led to the 3-2 goal.
... or Sweden scored in just one of those PP:s against USA and Canada. Lots of what if scenarios.

Easy to find scape goats among the players. Ignores the giant elephant coaching issue though.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
And i bet there's equal amount of Swedes in youtube etc.. Which means nothing..
No, thats the point, There is not. I checked.

Finns think Sweden is same level as Italy and UK. Its getting tiredsome. Sweden never give Finland a good match, they say. Sweden all medals are luck, they say. Bla bla.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

Finns think Sweden is same level as Italy and UK. Its getting tiredsome. Sweden never give Finland a good match, they say. Sweden all medals are luck, they say. Bla bla.
Thats total bs and you know it. FInns think Sweden is better than Finland in hockey. Some facebook posters don,'t change it.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Thats total bs and you know it. FInns think Sweden is better than Finland in hockey. Some facebook posters don,'t change it.
Thing is, people on social media is real people, its what people in general think. they get many likes so people agrees with them. if i say sweden is top 6 everyone will piss themself laughing. its only here on hfboards among some users who think sweden is powerhouse. its group pressure, swedes here forced everyone to agree with them, i think it was becuse of that systemfel guy who was a swedish moderaters here years ago.

Ask husqvarna and the jam if they think sweden is top 10, they will say no...

but yeah i gotta say its not only finns,,,,,,

czechs, slovaks, russians etc thinks Sweden always been bad at hockey aswell. We where not top 10 in the 90s either, they say...

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Thing is, people on social media is real people, its what people in general think. they get many likes so people agrees with them. if i say sweden is top 6 everyone will piss themself laughing. its only here on hfboards among some users who think sweden is powerhouse. its group pressure, swedes here forced everyone to agree with them, i think it was becuse of that systemfel guy who was a swedish moderaters here years ago.

Ask husqvarna and the jam if they think sweden is top 10, they will say no...

but yeah i gotta say its not only finns,,,,,,

czechs, slovaks, russians etc thinks Sweden always been bad at hockey aswell. We where not top 10 in the 90s either, they say...
That is definitely not what general people think. I believe you have never actually talked with this pepple, you just look for a trolling posts to validate your argjment which is silly and wrong. Sweden is a hockey powerhouse. You ask anyone who knows what hockey is and you get a different response. No country thinks Sweden is not top 10 hockey country.

Sweden is a top 6 country and no one will actually laugh about that. You really take silly trolling comments to heart and its not doing good for you.

1. Canada
2 USA
3. Sweden (could be argued that Sweden is 2nd)
4/5. Russia or Finland
6. Czechia
7. Switzerland
8. Slovakia
9. Denmark
10. Latvia

Reactions: AB13

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
That is definitely not what general people think. I believe you have never actually talked with this pepple, you just look for a trolling posts to validate your argjment which is silly and wrong. Sweden is a hockey powerhouse. You ask anyone who knows what hockey is and you get a different response. No country thinks Sweden is not top 10 hockey country.

Sweden is a top 6 country and no one will actually laugh about that. You really take silly trolling comments to heart and its not doing good for you.

1. Canada
2 USA
4/5. Russia or Finland
6. Czechia
7. Switzerland
8. Slovakia
9. Denmark
10. Latvia
Yeah 100+ comments from finns, russians, czechs how much sweden sucks and is not 10 after every game played on youtube, facebook, insta, twitter etc are all trolling rights? No its regular people giving their opinions. I dont see anybody makes such comments at Germany, Slovakia, Switzerland, Czechia. You just have to accept that this is what people think. So do i. We are living in democracy, the vast majority have said what they think. End of discsussion.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yeah 100+ comments from finns, russians, czechs how much sweden sucks and is not 10 after every game played on youtube, facebook, insta, twitter etc are all trolling rights? No its regular people giving their opinions. I dont see anybody makes such comments at Germany, Slovakia, Switzerland, Czechia. You just have to accept that this is what people think. So do i. We are living in democracy, the vast majority have said what they think. End of discsussion.
It is not how people think though. You ask anyone and they tell you how good Sweden is. It is not a general opinion. You won't find one Finn in Finland who thinks that way. You can say a lot of bs when you write anonymous on the internet. I never see any of these comments anywhere. You are making it up unless you have an actual prove it happens. Because its totally false and I can't believe you believe it.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019

1. Canada
2 USA
4/5. Russia or Finland
6. Czechia
7. Switzerland
8. Slovakia
9. Denmark
10. Latvia
In my opinion only thing what's clear is Canada #1

Then it depends on how you rank. Do you rank based on the amount of NHL players? Or do you rank based on the amount of NHL scorers?

1.Canada
2.USA
3.Sweden
4.Finland/Russia

You rank based on success and medals (juniors included)

1.Canada
2.Finland
3.Russia
4.Sweden/USA

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014

You're wrong.. i checked and there were.. Just looked older things ;)

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
In my opinion only thing what's clear is Canada #1

Then it depends on how you rank. Do you rank based on the amount of NHL players? Or do you rank based on the amount of NHL scorers?

1.Canada
2.USA
3.Sweden
4.Finland/Russia

You rank based on success and medals (juniors included)

1.Canada
2.Finland
3.Russia
4.Sweden/USA
Depends on how far back you go, when you base it on success at recent tournaments. Since 2017, I would say Sweden are 2nd. Since 2019, Finland. Russia are absolutely not third though. They are fifth. Russia have not won the worlds or world juniors in a while.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Fully expected a thread full of Finnish fans shitting on Dahlin (I didnt see the game) and was still surprised how many of you there are

Reactions: AB13

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Well Sweden is a good mid-level hockey nation among Norway, Kazakstan, North-Korea etc. (according to Mr. Eye of Mordor).

Just kidding of course. Sweden will be back next year and be among the top teams.

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad