Confirmed with Link: Versteeg (Speculation: Method Man quitting the Flames)

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Reputation and real personality can of course be completely different. But a lot of people saying he's an *******, and the fact that Versteeg hasn't played more that 2 full seasons in a row in one team doesn't really look good.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'm actually excited to see him sign here. Flames still have a void on the RW, and this gives Calgary a lot more options for the lineup.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Versteeg
Tkachuk - Bennett - Brouwer
Ferland - Backlund - Frolik
Bouma - Stajan - Chiasson

I said it back in the spring, but I think Versteeg would be a good fit for that top line. On a one year deal, it can't hurt. He's still good for 40 points or so.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
200.gif

I am tentatively unsure as to what I should feel here.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Reputation and real personality can of course be completely different. But a lot of people saying he's an *******, and the fact that Versteeg hasn't played more that 2 full seasons in a row in one team doesn't really look good.

The bolded is what concerns me most about Versteeg. As some have mentioned, you can be a ****** person but a good teammate, but I worry about that with Versteeg because outside of Chicago, he hasn't really stuck it out with any other club. Toronto traded him to Philadelphia, and then he was traded to Florida, and finally Carolina traded him to LA last season. It is one thing to have stories about a player being a ****** person, it is another when that same player can't stick it out with a team for more than two or three seasons.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Someone have some proof of Versteeg being pos ? Some examples, or is it all just hearsay ?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Someone have some proof of Versteeg being pos ? Some examples, or is it all just hearsay ?
I'm not sure how one can prove personal interactions dating back to before he was in the NHL.

But one example of his arrogance was when he called the police about people writing in the dust on his "$150,000 car" while in Toronto.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'm not sure how one can prove personal interactions dating back to before he was in the NHL.

But one example of his arrogance was when he called the police about people writing in the dust on his "$150,000 car" while in Toronto.

State your sources.

One thing I'm curious about, is how long has this been in the works? Was this why Higgins was released?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
thanks for the title update Ace, was thinking about how to rename it since I have not made a decision yet and I didn't want it to say it was confirmed I was quitting. :laugh:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Someone mentioned elsewhere that we have 3 former Hawks RWers on our roster.

Frolik, Brouwer and now Versteeg.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
State your sources.

One thing I'm curious about, is how long has this been in the works? Was this why Higgins was released?
I'm the source for the personal interactions, we have mutual friends :laugh:

As for the car thing, I believe it was in the National Post I read about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad