Confirmed with Link: Versteeg (Speculation: Method Man quitting the Flames)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My emotions are mixed too.

Mixed between anger, rage, sadness and despair.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
have you had the pleasure yet?

No, not yet as far as I am aware, but a friend of mine is well connected here in Lethbridge and does. He is one of the nicest people I've ever met; seriously, just a salt of the earth dude. He never smiles or has anything nice to say about Kris or any male member of the Versteeg family.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No, not yet as far as I am aware, but a friend of mine is well connected here in Lethbridge and does. He is one of the nicest people I've ever met; seriously, just a salt of the earth dude. He never smiles or has anything nice to say about Kris or any male member of the Versteeg family.
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I am awesome (as you know :sarcasm:), but have never been treated well by any of that family.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
for Skobels avatar (it is skobel that gets the next signing right?) can his avatar say wanted dead?

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
for Skobels avatar (it is skobel that gets the next signing right?) can his avatar say wanted dead?

:laugh:

Seriously though, if Versteeg is going to be on this team, he better be on a short leash. If this team and management got rid of Sven for character issues, I can't wait to see what happens with Kris Versteeg.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
:laugh: this through me off guard. Low risk, it'll be funny if we do scoop him from under the Oilers' noses.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

Seriously though, if Versteeg is going to be on this team, he better be on a short leash. If this team and management got rid of Sven for character issues, I can't wait to see what happens with Kris Versteeg.

Hope so. I'm one of those guys who believe that team spirit and chemistry is really important, and I don't like anyone on the team who could be teaching bad habits to young players.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Oilers Took Russell and we take Versteeg at least that's amusing. So how many Russel haters would prefer we signed him over Versteeg?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oilers Took Russell and we take Versteeg at least that's amusing. So how many Russel haters would prefer we signed him over Versteeg?
Russell, without question. I'd give Russell 8 years before giving Versteeg 1

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
You bring in Brouwer, Elliott and Johnson, who by all accounts are high character guys, which was a big reason why I liked the moves. And then you bring in Versteeg, who by multiple accounts is one of the ********* humans alive.

I'm with Kahvi, character in a player is one of the most important things for me, regardless of how skilled the player is.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Hope so. I'm one of those guys who believe that team spirit and chemistry is really important, and I don't like anyone on the team who could be teaching bad habits to young players.

The eternal optimist in me is hoping that after coming off a $4.4 million AAV contract and only getting a PTO from Edmonton and then a rumoured one-year deal for less than one million dollars from Calgary will provide some humility and be a character-building experience for him that makes him less of a ********.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I like this move.
I really don't care how people feel about his character from Lethbridge, you're getting a >0.5ppg player for less than 1 million. He's a good puck possession guy, who also scores. He's going to look good beside Mony and Johnny.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The eternal optimist in me is hoping that after coming off a $4.4 million AAV contract and only getting a PTO from Edmonton and then a rumoured one-year deal for less than one million dollars from Calgary will provide some humility and be a character-building experience for him that makes him less of a ********.
His brother was just as bad when they stayed in my hotel for his wedding ad he was only playing in the German 2nd tier league.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I like this move.
I really don't care how people feel about his character from Lethbridge, you're getting a >0.5ppg player for less than 1 million. He's a good puck possession guy, who also scores. He's going to look good beside Mony and Johnny.

This. For 1 year? It's a no brainer. I understand people question his personality, but who cares on a 1 year deal.

I'll say this, I've personally heard some downright nasty/horrible stories about a certain top player in this league, who plays for a fairly successful organization, and they seem to be alright with their "bad apple".

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Spector still makes it sound as though he's signing in Edmonton, biting I had to pick id probably believe Dreger.

If true, **** me. Terrible signing.

Spec and the Oilers are not on the same page

I sent messages to two other edmonton media and they say it looks like Versteeg to Calgary and that the team played Spec--they do not like him

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This. For 1 year? It's a no brainer. I understand people question his personality, but who cares on a 1 year deal.

I'll say this, I've personally heard some downright nasty/horrible stories about a certain top player in this league, who plays for a fairly successful organization, and they seem to be alright with their "bad apple".

I personally know (somewhat) a guy with a horrid reputation in the league. Yet, he's a great guy that his teammates love. Not worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad