Confirmed with Link: Versteeg (Speculation: Method Man quitting the Flames)

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Spector still makes it sound as though he's signing in Edmonton, biting I had to pick id probably believe Dreger.

If true, **** me. Terrible signing.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
:laugh:

Sorry to hear MM. We will miss you.

Not a big fan of Versteeg - wonder why we are singing him.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Versteeg is actually a good player.

You guys do make it sound like he's a piece of **** dude though.

At least this will force Edmonton to rush and bust Pulju though. haha stupid Oilers. poor Jesse

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's not a good player. He's a mediocre player that is lazy defensively, doesn't use his body and is just a not a good person.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Last season, Treliving signed Setoguchi under the promise that he'd sober up and clear up his personal issues so he could focus on hockey.

Maybe Treliving is signing Versteeg under the promise that he'll stop being a piece of human garbage.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Last season, Treliving signed Setoguchi under the promise that he'd sober up and clear up his personal issues so he could focus on hockey.

Maybe Treliving is signing Versteeg under the promise that he'll stop being a piece of human garbage.
Being a piece of **** is in his genes

When I read about Seto's troubles, the one thing that didn't shock me was his friendship with Versteeg. I'd have to be an alcoholic to be a friend of his too.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He's an upgrade. We needed another player. I guess he probably plays with Gaudreau/Monahan or Backs/Frolik. Too bad he sounds like a wienerschnitzel

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Hahahaha as soon as I saw the tweet I had to run here to see MM's reaction.

Not my favorite move to be certain, but I'm glad we are getting a winger with some modicum of offense.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
giphy.gif

Don't... don't do it, BT.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hahahaha as soon as I saw the tweet I had to run here to see MM's reaction.

Not my favorite move to be certain, but I'm glad we are getting a winger with some modicum of offense.

Agreed. Right winger though, with a right handed shot. He fills a need. His underlying numbers aren't too bad either.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I imagine that this rumour to MM is similar to that rumour that Iggy was signing with the Canucks when he was a free agent.

I don't personally know anything about Versteeg, but we have multiple sources on this site who knew him saying he's a massive bag of dicks. Which sucks.

But then again, Chicago did have him and were willing to go get him again, so you have to wonder if maybe he does bring value.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Even if he is a POS, at least I'll hate him less on the ice if he's playing top line than I would Ferland or Chiasson.

Completely agreed. At least Versteeg has some relative skill to go alongside Monahan and Gaudreau. Having Ferland or Chiasson as our de facto #1 RW is unacceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00