Rumor: Vancouver looking for top 9

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Top 9? We have too many 3rd liners, Vancouver shouldn’t be making moves like this. Stay the course with the rebuild it’s starting to look decent.

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017
He's definitely getting a well deserved extension. JB is a much better GM than most give him credit for.

He's got better throughout the years, not really the greatest GM though.

I'm guessing it's playoff or bust for him. Apparently they were going to start talks about a extension at this time and I'm quite sure Canuck ownership is as short-sighted as I believe.

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017
Yall can have Hansen back lol. And/or Boedker. Neither are necessarily bad players, they just don't fit in SJ.

I'd trade Gagner for Boedker straight up, maybe add a late pick like a 6th. If the sharks wanted futures or picks you got to eat some of that contract.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
X-Y-Boeser
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Vanek-Z-Virtanen

We need more then one. Even when Sutter, Horvat and Baertschi are back, that is a lackluster top 9. Even Dorsett leading our shutdown line before his retirement wasn't enough to make us standout. If we can trade Gagner, Burmistrov, Gaunce, Gudbranson or other loose pieces for this top 9 player, I'm all for it. Otherwise...well let's wait out these injuries before we try to build up the roster.

Too bad, I was enjoying the teams (relative) success.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Feel like this has been a perpetual rumor for the past 3 years.

fanbase spam type of rumor. Nothing generates more attention then making a rumor that involves a Canadian city. Ones like Toronto is interested in XXX player from Vancouver generates the most.

in regards to him looking for a top 9, that's as broad as it gets and any good gm is actively looking to improve their roster if the price was right.

so yes,hella spam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad