Rumor: Vancouver looking for top 9

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Canucks season has recently and will continue to go down the tubes with all the impact injuries.

The team currently looks a lot like what we’ve seen for the last two seasons.

After January they will be well back of the playoff bar.

There no middle 6 player that’s going to change this result... but I could still see them make a move involving a Dman for a forward younger than 27.

They should tread carefully and focus on moving expiring assets for picks and prospects as they were able to last TDL. There’s actually a nice group of prospects now. Continue to build on that strength and the further could be very bright for this team as they’ve already shown signs of having a decent young core. If Pettersson and juolevi translate their game, the turnaround could happen much quicker than expected.

If this is a move for the here and now, benning should step the F away from the phone.

Any hope for this season officially ended with Horvats injury.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
If the Canucks want a top nine forward , then finish off the tank and get a top 3 pick and draft one...... Their AHL team is also decimated by injuries... Get a clue..........

Cquant

May 14, 2015
I don't think we are in the market to get a forward for picks, rather a hockey trade where we trade one of our defenders (Edler, Hutton, Gudbranson, ... Tanev) and/or a depth forward, maybe a minor pick for a top 9 forward.
So I don't think two 2nd's for Nyquist is going to work. I'd probably say his value is right there though. I also don't think Nyquist would fit in with our guys. We need another shooter with some speed maybe.

I'd actually really welcome Hansen back on the team. We could really use his leadership, speed and familiarity with the team.
Trade targets I would consider.. I'd actually not be against trading for someone like Dzingel or Boedker.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Nyquist @ $3 million for a 2018 2nd round pick+2019 2nd round pick probably the very least Holland would accept he would probably want a late 2018 1st round pick for Nyquist just doubt he'd waive for Vancouver though.

I would not bother. Based on the general responses they basically want good players for free.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Why would Nyquist waive for a team that's just as bad as Detroit? If Nyquist is willing to waive he will do it for a contender not a bottom dweller like Vancouver.
Good.i r
Why would Nyquist waive for a team that's just as bad as Detroit? If Nyquist is willing to waive he will do it for a contender not a bottom dweller like Vancouver.
We have to many soft players as it is.So easy pass...

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Just playout the season with the kids and try and flip some players at the TDL (Guddy, Vanek).

But Jimbo is just being Jimbo.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
No Thanks
Do you know how old guddy is? 25! First round picks aren’t even guaranteed to play in the nhl! Guddy was a former 3rd ovr pick so unless you think you’re picking top 2 that’s great value for your pick! Former Chicago gm, Dale Tallon, helped build the dynasty of toews/Kane/Keith/coach Q, loves guddy so much as soon as he became gm again he’s been trying to get guddy back to no avail. He feels he’s future captain material! Even Florida fans were sad to see him go saying they’d miss his leadership!

See what I did there? No matter how you spin garbage you aren’t fooling anyone

Now if Shaw was signed for > 2.5M he might fetch a late 1st. Just like if guddy made under 2M he might be worth having around

Last edited:
Reactions: harro92

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Do you know how old guddy is? 25! First round picks aren’t even guaranteed to play in the nhl! Guddy was a former 3rd ovr pick so unless you think you’re picking top 2 that’s great value for your pick! Former Chicago gm, Dale Tallon, helped build the dynasty of toews/Kane/Keith/coach Q, loves guddy so much as soon as he became gm again he’s been trying to get guddy back to no avail. He feels he’s future captain material! Even Florida fans were sad to see him go saying they’d miss his leadership!

See what I did there? No matter how you spin garbage you aren’t fooling anyone

Now if Shaw was signed for > 2.5M he might fetch a late 1st. Just like if guddy made under 2M he might be worth having around
Good luck to Vancouver

Last edited:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I think after this recent 4 game losing streak and with 2/3 of our top line out most Canucks fans are resigned to another bottom 5 season. If Benning does anything as stupid as getting a middling top 9 player... sigh...

Right now were fallin' for Dahlin and wretching for Svech. In reality though were tanking so that we can move down 3 spots and miss out on the top players.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ryan for Eriksson
I'm not against Ryan, but Eriksson is one of a handful of players performing at or close to expectations. I'd rather see if he picks things up further.

Nearly anyone else that would be overpaid or a cap dump could be had as well if we can move other contracts instead.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I would not bother. Based on the general responses they basically want good players for free.
Yeah, no we simply aren't willing to give up futures for a stop gap.

If there's a deal to be made around Erik Gudbranson, sure we will take it but if he doesn't have that kind of value (he shouldn't) I'd much rather hold on to our picks and prospects than trade it for middle 6 wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->