Rumor: Vancouver looking for top 9

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Gotta keep the season alive somehow - Baertschi & Horvat are out for the next month.

Shaw is a fit but Canucks do not want to give up big assets for him. What are Montreal's needs?

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Sure, if said player is a prospect on the cusp and Gagner, Burmistrov, Dowd, Vanek, and potentially Sutter are simultaneously on their way out.

Completely unnecessary for Benning to trade assets for a top 9 forward. By next season, Horvat, Boeser, Baertschi, Eriksson, Pettersson, Goldobin, Virtanen, Gaunce, Granlund (maybe) and whatever's left over should make up the top 9, especially if the Sedin's do retire.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
if true, seems very short sighted on Benning's part. It seems like Canucks have drafted very well in the last few years and have what should be some really core pieces, but counting on building a contender around a winger who's 28 games into his career (promisingly so, but with some unsustainable puck luck too), and a collection of promising prospects who haven't played in the NHL yet is brave to say the least. That move could look ridiculous 10 games after it was made

bigmackattack

Oct 15, 2017
I can't believe I'm saying this, but give Benning a contract extension already - or fire him now, I guess. If he's scared for his job he's gonna keep making boneheaded trades for stopgap players and throw away futures.

Reactions: Thiccboiboeser

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I can't believe I'm saying this, but give Benning a contract extension already - or fire him now, I guess. If he's scared for his job he's gonna keep making boneheaded trades for stopgap players and throw away futures.
To me it seems like a FA movement. We were so close and he likely thinks that an upgrade will keep the team afloat until Sutter/Bo/Baer come back and get us to playoff contention. JB also wants to keep his job so will go with FA's vision of the team. I doubt anything like OJ, EP, Gajd, or Lind are avail. I would think a hockey trade involving EG or Hutton when EG comes back is the basis.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Yall can have Hansen back lol. And/or Boedker. Neither are necessarily bad players, they just don't fit in SJ.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Yall can have Hansen back lol. And/or Boedker. Neither are necessarily bad players, they just don't fit in SJ.
Hansen for Granlund
Tatar
Ouellet

For

Hutton
Trymakin
Horrible.
Andrew Shaw for 1st rd pick 18
You mean Andrew Shaw+1st for future considerations?
Petan back home for a 2nd.
Nope.
Vancouver meet Montreal. We have about 12 bottom 6 forwards... at least a couple of them should be able to fit the top 9 threshold.

Galchenyuk for Juolevi? :)
Nope.
Ryan Spooner is your guy.
Nope.
Sure for 1st rd picks 2018,2019,+ Jake Vertanen
Lmfaooo
He'd probably cost somewhere between a 3rd-2nd.
No thanks.
Gotta keep the season alive somehow - Baertschi & Horvat are out for the next month.

Shaw is a fit but Canucks do not want to give up big assets for him. What are Montreal's needs?
Shaw is not a fit with that horrible contract.
You guys owe us for Dahlen.

Zack Smith for a lottery protected 1st?
Nope.
Evander Kane?
Nope.
Caggiula for Burmistrov
Done.
Frolik for Virtanen?
Nope.

Reactions: vancityluongo

bigmackattack

Oct 15, 2017
[QUOTE="Retinalz, post: 138996165, member: 262377"I would think a hockey trade involving EG or Hutton when EG comes back is the basis.[/QUOTE]

Tbh I'd be fine with one of those as long a we actually get a decent young player/ picks + stopgap. I just don't trust Benning to make the right trade.

Edit: apparently I'm too challenged to quote properly

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I think Van is dangling Gudbranson Hutton or Stecher.

Take a deep breath vancouverites... you wont be losing a Grade A propsect or 1st rnd pick

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Only hockey trade I'd care for is one of Toronto's young excess forwards for Erik Gudbranson. That's it. Other than that, we don't need any new roster players here that are traded here for value. Cap dumps for futures on the other hand..

Reactions: travis scott

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
SAM GAGNER
JAKE VIRTANEN
Conditional 3rd Rounder**
** duclair 50 pts = 2nd

for

ANTHONY DUCLAIR
Lawson Crouse (waiver exempt)

You have to downgrade bottom 6er Virtanen to bottom 6er Crouse, but get to dump Gagner with a 3rd rounder for an actually half decent young scoring winger... who has had troubles producing for a while now, but could re-discover his game on a new team.

EDIT - Yes, I know fans do not want to trade picks right now. Benning may just do it anyways against your wishes, though.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
SAM GAGNER
JAKE VIRTANEN
Conditional 3rd Rounder**
** duclair 50 pts = 2nd

for

ANTHONY DUCLAIR
Lawson Crouse (waiver exempt)

You have to downgrade bottom 6er Virtanen to bottom 6er Crouse, but get to dump Gagner with a 3rd rounder for an actually half decent young scoring winger... who has had troubles producing for a while now, but could re-discover his game on a new team.

EDIT - Yes, I know fans do not want to trade picks right now. Benning may just do it anyways against your wishes, though.
Stop making proposals involving the Canucks, they're always bad when you do

RightInTheAho

Dec 12, 2017
He's in the last year of his contract and likely realizes his chances for an extension are bleak with 2/3rds of 1st line hurt. Foundational Sutter is rumoured to be back soon though, just needs one more guy, lets hope he cant find him.

He's definitely getting a well deserved extension. JB is a much better GM than most give him credit for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad