Rumor: Vancouver looking for top 9

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Vancouver fans don't care about making the playoffs this year. Everything had to go right to even sniff them. Meaning limited games lost to injuries and definitely no over lapping injuries to the same type of position.

Top 9 for the Canucks should roll out as

Twins and Brock.
Then all if the FA signed by Benning himself in Eriksson, vanek, gagner at a combined $12 million.
Then two prospects in 21 year old Virtanen that Benning drafted and Goldy who is 22 that he traded for. Plus granlund whom he traded for.
Then 4rh line is burn who he signed, gaunce from prior regime, down he just traded for or.any of the 3 one way deal guys in chaput, megna, and Boucher in the AHL making $660k each. All his signings.

That's what he needs to roll with.

Fans don't want to see young assets sacrificed to try to save the season and his job. They want the opposite. Vets moved out between the asg and tdl to add prospects or drafts picks.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I hope we don't trade futures for a bandaid in a last-ditch effort to salvage the season.
This team shouldn't be overly concerned with making the playoffs at this point. It's a good building block season to get the young guns going like Boeser/Pouliot/Virtanen/etc. We still need to acquire top prospects through the draft.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Vancouver fans don't care about making the playoffs this year. Everything had to go right to even sniff them. Meaning limited games lost to injuries and definitely no over lapping injuries to the same type of position.

Top 9 for the Canucks should roll out as

Twins and Brock.
Then all if the FA signed by Benning himself in Eriksson, vanek, gagner at a combined $12 million.
Then two prospects in 21 year old Virtanen that Benning drafted and Goldy who is 22 that he traded for. Plus granlund whom he traded for.
Then 4rh line is burn who he signed, gaunce from prior regime, down he just traded for or.any of the 3 one way deal guys in chaput, megna, and Boucher in the AHL making $660k each. All his signings.

That's what he needs to roll with.

Fans don't want to see young assets sacrificed to try to save the season and his job. They want the opposite. Vets moved out between the asg and tdl to add prospects or drafts picks.
Yeah the canuck fans are sure we do not make the playoffs or even care about the playoffs as we are still in a rebuild mode.But we have a gm who needs to make the playoffs or compete for the playoffs to save his own bacon.If we are not in contension for a spot at the deadline.Im sure Burmistrov and a couple others will be moved...Will take picks for sure...

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
You asked for Canucks 2018 1st round pick for Andrew Shaw, your credibility to gauge values is down the toilet already.
1st rd picks aren't even guaranteed to ever play in the league . Shaw has had a good career I'll listen to Toews , Kane , Quenneville and how highly they think of Shaw Instead of caring about your opinion .

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
1st rd picks aren't even guaranteed to ever play in the league . Shaw has had a good career I'll listen to Toews , Kane , Quenneville and how highly they think of Shaw .. Instead of caring about your opinion .
yah teammates would clearly talk down a former teammate...

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
How would you know if they meant what they said or not I choose to believe what they said if you choose not to believe it great.
ofc you do. players only say bad stuff about people if that person is a public deuchebag. otherwise they put on a fake smile

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Shaw is not a fit with that horrible contract.
Shaw's contract is not that bad. Wait until you see what top-9 forwards get signed for this summer. Canucks have plenty of space.
He's signed through his prime @ $3.9M for a top-9 multiple Stanley Cup winner who plays multiple positions, scores decently, and plays more of an agitating/rougher game than most. That's a good deal, but HFBoards has no idea of how to assess contract value. Compare his contract to Sutter/Gagner.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Shaw's contract is not that bad. Wait until you see what top-9 forwards get signed for this summer. Canucks have plenty of space.
He's signed through his prime @ $3.9M for a top-9 multiple Stanley Cup winner who plays multiple positions, scores decently, and plays more of an agitating/rougher game than most. That's a good deal, but HFBoards has no idea of how to assess contract value. Compare his contract to Sutter/Gagner.
Dude he's signed for like 5 more years. That is not a good deal.

Reactions: Saekk

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
1st rd picks aren't even guaranteed to ever play in the league . Shaw has had a good career I'll listen to Toews , Kane , Quenneville and how highly they think of Shaw Instead of caring about your opinion .
When i think you can't sound more clueless, you spat out this gem, hilarious.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
ofc you do. players only say bad stuff about people if that person is a public deuchebag. otherwise they put on a fake smile
So I guess your calling Toews ,Kane, Quenneville all liars and fake I choose to believe the meant everything they said .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad