Rumor: Vancouver looking for top 9

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I wonder what we are offering an who we would target....

It's over Jim. Saturday against Calgary was the last time this season the Canucks will be in a playoff spot.

There is no point in trying to grab something now given that you cant afford to give up more young assets to plug holes. Hello clendenning, gudbranson, vey.

It's done.

Last edited:

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Someone please fire this man before this happens. If he trades another pick or prospect I’ll throw up.

bardown88

Nov 19, 2009
Telkwa
It's over Jim. Saturday against Calgary was the last time this season the Canucks will be in a playoff spot.

There is no point in trying to grab something now given that you cant afford to give up more young assets to plug holes. Hello clendenning, gudbranson, vey.

It's done.
He's in the last year of his contract and likely realizes his chances for an extension are bleak with 2/3rds of 1st line hurt. Foundational Sutter is rumoured to be back soon though, just needs one more guy, lets hope he cant find him.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Pls no. Canucks just cannot be competitive without Horvat. He is by far the most impactful player on the Canucks. No one that they can realistically bring in will change anything. Just sit tight until he gets back, you cannot give up any assets.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Vancouver meet Montreal. We have about 12 bottom 6 forwards... at least a couple of them should be able to fit the top 9 threshold.

Galchenyuk for Juolevi? :)

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Leivo could be a cheap option.

Would be somewhat interested actually (if cheap). I think Leivo is a plug and play top-nine forward.

Andrew Shaw for 1st rd pick 18

Oh God no.

Petan back home for a 2nd.

I like Petan. Think he can still be a quality NHLer, but we don't need to give up a 2nd for him. He'll hit waivers next season. Don't need to make a Version 9999 of the Vey trade.

Vancouver meet Montreal. We have about 12 bottom 6 forwards... at least a couple of them should be able to fit the top 9 threshold.

Galchenyuk for Juolevi? :)

Are you a...Montreal fan?

member 105785

Wasn't aware... last I heard he was one of their best D prospects... but I don't follow Van very closely. Interesting...

He's actually had a great year, people just poop on Juo because of his average play last year

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Sure, bring in a top 9 guy, the canucks only need about 5 more.

But seriously. No, no, no. No. Someone cut the phone lines into Benning's office.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad