Rumor: Vancouver looking for top 9

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Leafs would be better off keeping Bozak for the playoffs. Again, if we can't improve the roster in another atea, then we will probably keep him.

Yes, considering the Leafs are a contender team, which they are most likely, the likes of Bozak and JVR must stay.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Yes, considering the Leafs are a contender team, which they are most likely, the likes of Bozak and JVR must stay.
Leafs fans have discussed swapping Bozak out and bringing in a more or less equal center who is better defensively, even if they happen to be worse offensively. We want 4 centers who can play defense for the playoffs, not 3.

So, Bozak may in fact be available, if we have another deal lined up as well.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Sutter and Hutton for Nelson and Isle's and CGY's 2nd?

Sutter is still injured and this is possibly one of the reasons we are looking for another forward. With all the injuries there's no one to play center on the top 2 lines. But at the trade deadline this has potential.

Rick Nash 25% retained for Adam Gaudette and a 2nd?

Wow this is bad. We're not looking to make a playoff push, rather do a sort of retool move where we move a defenseman for a forward or something of that ilk. Maybe pick up a struggling prospect like we did with Pouliot. We are not looking to trade a high pick and a good prospect who will most likely be in the NHL at the end of the season for a Nash.
Maybe if it was something like Nash for Sutter, that would be closer and more realistic.

Also, we should be up there on contract spots.

What would the Canucks offer for Jordan Weal? They were interested in him as a free agent.

It's a possibility but I think it's a bit too late now. He would be in the age range though. I don't know what we could give up for him though. I can't see us giving up anything significant though. Weal strikes me to be similar to Dowd and Burmistrov though. So probably not that good a fit.

Last edited:

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
:laugh: Yeah Nash isn't waiving for a bottom feeder? And besides all Canadien teams are on his no trade list.
Not that I'm wanting Nash at all however after this year Nash will be taking a huge paycut and be looking for a job. He's not a star anymore so probably not going to be able to pick and choose where he wants to sign. He'll be listening to offers from all teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad