GDT: UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Given that 99.9% of athletes use steroids, no there should be no criminal charges. Unless you insert a chip into the body of every single athlete on the planet to read their blood levels at all times, you'll never be able to enforce it.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
He did not drive over a drunk woman.

He was not drunk and high as ****.

He did not make jokes about DC's dead child.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Given that 99.9% of athletes use steroids, no there should be no criminal charges. Unless you insert a chip into the body of every single athlete on the planet to read their blood levels at all times, you'll never be able to enforce it.

That statistic certainly is not true.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Sorry, 100%.

OK, so you got a blood test detector in your eyes. Cool. You're just building you credibility up with each post you make.

No, but he said himself that he was very high that night. I'm just telling the facts. Real champion needs his belt back.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

Speaking of people making up statistics. Prove it?

They have been strictly testing randomly for 2 years now, and while the number of top fighters caught ballooned, its hardly 99.9% or even remotely close.

In combat sports, absolutely getting caught using Roids should be potentially criminal charges involved. Not only will it server as more of a deterrent, but there is a legit reasoning behind it.

A runner or cyclist taking Steroids is not using their illegal bullcrap gains to bludgeon other people in the face.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
He did not drive over a drunk woman.

He was not drunk and high as ****.

He did not make jokes about DC's dead child.

Actually he was still under the influence of alcohol when his car smashed that Pregnant woman's car. He partied until 5AM then slept a few hours at his friends place knowing he was way too drunk to drive before leaving in the AM when he had sobered up a little and was still half asleep, but his friend told him he could stay and make himself breakfast, which he opted out of since his friend had kids and a wife and he did not want to disturb them. He was no longer loaded drunk, but by his own admission he was not completely clearheaded.

He pretty much came out and said he was not thinking clearly due to knowing the cops could breathalize him and that he still had some alcohol in his system and still smelled like alcohol and that is why he ran from the scene of the crime, then ran back frantically looking for his hash pipe (Which he had in his cupholder front seat)before running away again.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
In combat sports, absolutely getting caught using Roids should be potentially criminal charges involved. Not only will it server as more of a deterrent, but there is a legit reasoning behind it.
Then it needs to apply to any contact sport. Football/rugby/etc.

Speaking of people making up statistics. Prove it?
Give me the power and resources and I will lol.

Actually he was still under the influence of alcohol when his car smashed that Pregnant woman's car. He partied until 5AM then slept a few hours at his friends place knowing he was way too drunk to drive before leaving in the AM when he had sobered up a little and was still half asleep, but his friend told him he could stay and make himself breakfast, which he opted out of since his friend had kids and a wife and he did not want to disturb them. He was no longer loaded drunk, but by his own admission he was not completely clearheaded.
Sounds like a perfectly human thing to do. I feel like most people have done that before.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
These are all terrible answers.

They're all subjective answers. Keep in mind that we're eliminating those who have tested positive, otherwise Anderson Silva would be right there.

Did you ever watch Hughes in his prime though? He could have gone up and taken the Middleweight belt if the UFC had let him. He would have steamrolled the likes of Bustamante and Tanner. I would have even put my money on him vs. Franklin.

Who's your #3?

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
They're all subjective answers. Keep in mind that we're eliminating those who have tested positive, otherwise Anderson Silva would be right there.

Did you ever watch Hughes in his prime though? He could have gone up and taken the Middleweight belt if the UFC had let him. He would have steamrolled the likes of Bustamante and Tanner. I would have even put my money on him vs. Franklin.

Who's your #3?

I don't know, probably Aldo if that's the criteria. Cormier is worth a shout. Miocic and Velasquez are up there for heavyweights. I'd put Cruz and DJ on a p4p list as well. All more worthy in my view.

Lesnar though is a laughable answer when we're considering PED-free fighters. lmao. Even then his UFC career was no where near the best. He had a 5-3 record and that's if we give him the Hunt win.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I don't know, probably Aldo if that's the criteria. Cormier is worth a shout. Miocic and Velasquez are up there for heavyweights. I'd put Cruz and DJ on a p4p list as well. All more worthy in my view.

Lesnar though is a laughable answer when we're considering PED-free fighters. lmao. Even then his UFC career was no where near the best. He had a 5-3 record and that's if we give him the Hunt win.

Personally, I had already seen Aldo mentioned, as well as DJ, so I refrained from picking them again. Miocic is a couple wins away from being the all time best heavyweight in UFC history, so he'll in the discussion.

DC has one of the best resumes among active fighters. Hard to say where he lands when all the dust is clear from the Jones thing.

Agreed about Lesnar. Laughable indeed.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
You can cry tainted supplement the first time and get some benefit of the doubt. Always have a shadow of doubt over you from then on out, but not career ending.

Now he has nothing. He will never be in discussions for GOAT again. 2 Failed cheat tests say you are a cheater. Direct Steroid this time, not just a Masking agent.

Yup. GSP is looking more and more like the p4p GOAT for semi retiring while claiming he was sick and tired of 90% of fighters using and getting away with it due to UFC not caring. GSP said he would not come back unless they enacted stricter testing and lo and behold. A bit over a year of him going on break, the enact stricter testing, and not only do people like Hendricks, Rousey, Pettis and Aldo suddenly look like garbage post USADA, but some of the guys in contention for GOAT like Anderson Silva and Jones now have that Steroid boost label forever shadowing them from discussion.

#1 Fedor
#2 GSP

Who is #3 now?

GSP was a greaser.

Fedor fought in PRIDE, and you can't spell PRIDE without PED (though he did beat the most jacked up killers on earth, so kudos to him).

Everyone cheats.

GOAT list:

- Jones
- Fedor
- Silva
- GSP

Potential very near future adds:

- Demetrious Johnson (beating any 2 of Cody, TJ, or Cruz would put him up there)
- Conor McGregor (winning a trilogy fight vs. Diaz & defending 155 vs. a top contender would put him there)
- Cyborg (if she beats Holm & 3-4 other top tier fighters while staying clean)

More of a longshot:

- Daniel Cormier - if he gets the LHW belt back, defends it, and goes up and gets the HW strap

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
So far? Don't be ridiculous.

Yes he is pretty close to be that Goat but loses must have some effects. But if we talk about real goat it's Joanna the Champion, undefeated, always dominates from second round to last round. Her ground defense is second to none. Let's take a little bit closer look for that. Everyone can try to name one person who did anything in the ground to Joanna? They only lost their stamina, because JJ is a ****ing gorilla with his wrestling reversals and sweeps. We need that 125 belt for her. Now they're putting Rose Namajunas against him :laugh::laugh:

There is now way that you can put Cyborg over Joanna. Valentina and Joanna will both beat her if the size was same.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Needs to defend his title imo to be considered.

Why is that? The UFC itself has devalued the belts and shown they don't really matter. It's all about big money fights and being involved in a spectacle more so than the belts these days. The belts are irrelevant.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Not that far...I mean he's pretty much finished everybody he's fought except for a much bigger Diaz. FWIW you can't have Aldo near the top if Conor isnt there IMO...

Goat list for me would be

Jones
Silva
Fedor
GSP/MM

If Conor never defends his belt (which seems likely), there's no way he'll even be in the conversation. He's done amazing things, but you have to keep proving yourself.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
If Conor never defends his belt (which seems likely), there's no way he'll even be in the conversation. He's done amazing things, but you have to keep proving yourself.

He might not have defended either the FW or LW title but his run to win the FW title is pretty impressive to say the least. Hollaway,Poirier,Siver,Mendes and Aldo with the only decision coming against Max who is the current champ.If he comes back to the UFC and defends it against a guy like Khabib or Ferguson I would put him up there IMO

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He might not have defended either the FW or LW title but his run to win the FW title is pretty impressive to say the least. Hollaway,Poirier,Siver,Mendes and Aldo with the only decision coming against Max who is the current champ.If he comes back to the UFC and defends it against a guy like Khabib or Ferguson I would put him up there IMO

I think its important to note that he got Holloway a long time ago and Mendes had like 2 weeks (or less?) to prepare for their fight (to go along with media obligations and everything else that comes along with fight week.)

Regardless, he's defended his belt zero times. I imagine he'll do so once at most before he retires from fighting all together. Hard to put someone up there as the GOAT when that is the case.

The Aldo win is a pretty big scalp though. I doubt he ever fights Khabib (who ****ed this up for himself) and hes lucky, because that wouldn't go well for him at all.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I think its important to note that he got Holloway a long time ago and Mendes had like 2 weeks (or less?) to prepare for their fight (to go along with media obligations and everything else that comes along with fight week.)

Regardless, he's defended his belt zero times. I imagine he'll do so once at most before he retires from fighting all together. Hard to put someone up there as the GOAT when that is the case.

The Aldo win is a pretty big scalp though. I doubt he ever fights Khabib (who ****ed this up for himself) and hes lucky, because that wouldn't go well for him at all.

I mean there's 2 ways to look at it. Those shots that Micheal Johnson landed in the 1st round against Khabib were right on the nose and I don't think Khabib would take one of Conor's left as well. Regardless, Khabib should concentrate on making weight first and foremost and being an active fighter if he wants to be considered seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00